• 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By jptexas
  • 8 Post By Farawayhills
  • 5 Post By opry051008
  • 4 Post By opry051008
  • 5 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By MSCarriefan
  • 2 Post By hjj

Thread: Carrie Underwood to Release Greatest Hits: Decade #1 on December 9!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood to Release Greatest Hits: Decade #1 on December 9!

Carrie Underwood to Release Greatest Hits: Decade #1 on December 9! | The Official Carrie Underwood Site

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 26, 2014

Carrie Underwood to Release Greatest Hits: Decade #1 on December 9!
    Underwood Reveals Album Information Exclusively on NBC’s Today Show and Announces Album’s First Single, “Something in the Water”

Superstar and six-time GRAMMY® winner Carrie Underwood appeared on NBC’s Today show this morning, where she revealed exclusively that she’ll release her first collection of hits, titled Greatest Hits: Decade #1, on December 9. With a final track listing to be announced, the album will draw from Underwood’s 18 #1 singles to date, while also featuring new material, kicked off by the first single, “Something in the Water.” Officially impacting country radio on October 6, “Something in the Water” will be available to stations in time to coincide with the digital single’s retail release on Monday, September 29.

For Underwood, the album is not only a career milestone, but also a perfect way to be able to share some new songs with fans in advance of her next full studio album. She says, “I can’t believe it’s been a decade since I auditioned for American Idol. Looking back at the songs I’ve released over the years lets me relive my amazing journey. Even better I get to include new music for the fans!”

Produced by longtime Underwood collaborator Mark Bright, and written by Underwood, Chris DeStefano, and Brett James, “Something in the Water” is a song that Carrie says was exciting even as they were writing it, and one that she hopes will touch listeners in the same way that it affects her.

“‘Something in the Water’, is so inspirational,” Carrie says. “It’s joyous! I can’t help but smile when I hear it. I hope it has the same effect on everyone who listens to it.”

As part of her appearance on this morning’s Today show, Underwood also talked about her participation in tomorrow’s Global Citizen Festival. Also starring fellow headliners JAY Z, No Doubt, fun., The Roots, and Tiësto, the show will air live from New York’s Central Park, with MSNBC carrying the full concert on cable and MSNBC.com. NBC News will also produce a one-hour primetime special of the event to air on NBC at 9pm, ET, this Saturday, September 27th.

"Something In The Water"

Greatest Hits: Decade #1

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie Country's Avatar
    So uh is this greatest hits album going to be all we get until who knows when the 5th album is released? I was rather disappointed that this wasn't the 5th album news I seriously thought it was going to be!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcccccccccccc.jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Love those pictures. In one she is mysterious. In the other so elegant.
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I Can't Wait Merry Christmas To Me!!! Lol
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Greatest Hits I was also hoping for a fifth album as well but this is still good.
    txacar likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    This is like looking under the Christmas Tree and saying "is this all I get?".
    txacar likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Country View Post
    So uh is this greatest hits album going to be all we get until who knows when the 5th album is released? I was rather disappointed that this wasn't the 5th album news I seriously thought it was going to be!
    Be happy. We'll probably have 3 new songs on GH, plus Michael W. Smith Christmas album, plus Foo Fighters album, and we still have a great, full Carrie album to look forward to next year. More I think about it, the better I like it!!!!!
    rainbow1, Pi314CA and pklongbeach like this.

exactly my feelings when I read about it.

Concert Stars
    Mommy and Daddy can't give you a brand new shiny Bike every year! As someone who got used to socks and underwear, I am pretty thrilled!! ha ha ha ha.....
    red40 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Mommy and Daddy can't give you a brand new shiny Bike every year! As someone who got used to socks and underwear, I am pretty thrilled!! ha ha ha ha.....
    Damn, you got socks, all I got was underwear. 😄😄
    red40 likes this.

Concert Stars
    gorgeous covers! so exciting!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I've spent much of the day reading all the posts about this news - and the range of opinions has been interesting, to say the least.

Much of it was probably summed up by a line from an old Drive-by Truckers' song, lol:

Hell, no - I ain't happy! But it ain't too crappy

The main thing, though, that came through most strongly is how pleased Carrie herself sounded to be getting the project out, and how she wanted the world to hear her new song. And surely, that's what an artist does - make songs she believes in and which reflect a mood that she feels is important to her, and that she wants others to hear. That's more important than whether it's a hit, how much it sells, whom it beats, what awards it wins - or even who likes it. The important thing is Carrie's belief in and love for her music - and that certainly came across today.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    I've spent much of the day reading all the posts about this news - and the range of opinions has been interesting, to say the least.

Much of it was probably summed up by a line from an old Drive-by Truckers' song, lol:

Hell, no - I ain't happy! But it ain't too crappy

The main thing, though, that came through most strongly is how pleased Carrie herself sounded to be getting the project out, and how she wanted the world to hear her new song. And surely, that's what an artist does - make songs she believes in and which reflect a mood that she feels is important to her, and that she wants others to hear. That's more important than whether it's a hit, how much it sells, whom it beats, what awards it wins - or even who likes it. The important thing is Carrie's belief in and love for her music - and that certainly came across today.
    As usual, well put Farawayhills.
    mbh, txacar, Farawayhills and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    No it's not all we're going to get.... Foo Fighters duet, Michael Smith duet and background on a beautiful song with the Swon Brothers album. ; )

Concert Stars
    ^^Amen!!! It seems that a lot are focusing on what we don't have instead of what we are getting! I was okay with the expression of disappointment in the beginning but now I'm just tired of the whining :-) Yeah it's not what we wanted but it is better than nothing and we could have gotten that. I'm thankful that we are getting any new music at all!

Obsessed Carrie Fan MSCarriefan's Avatar
    At least Carrie is going to have her own song on radio because it seems like the last time was forever ago. Hey we get a few new songs and it's Carrie so there could be some surprises. The more I think about the gh album the less shocked I am. She never really said this year new album just we it feels ready. And I think the first of next year baby Fisher will be the world's focus not really her music. That's what I think and I'm excited for her.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think they may have learn from Lady A which went ahead and released their album and did not tour and the album did not fare too well. A new album without proper promotion may have not done well so do the next best thing GH with new material and need I say surprises, hopefully.
    rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I think they may have learn from Lady A which went ahead and released their album and did not tour and the album did not fare too well. A new album without proper promotion may have not done well so do the next best thing GH with new material and need I say surprises, hopefully.
    Good point. It's also a perfect music break for Carrie to executive produce on TBC.

•