Like Tree31Likes
  • 14 Post By cary78663
  • 8 Post By MelissaD
  • 3 Post By litchfield93
  • 2 Post By Farawayhills
  • 1 Post By PNGcarriefan95
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 2 Post By sco

Thread: Nashville spoilers! (Carrie mentioned)

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

Nashville spoilers! (Carrie mentioned)

Nashville spoilers! Connie Britton promises ?drama, drama, drama? for the new season! | Unreality TV

We can also report that ‘Nashville’ will once again be taking over the Grand Ole Opry house. Last month, show writer Debra Fordham confirmed that they were filming during a Opry set that included Craig Morgan, Trace Adkins & Carrie Underwood. It has not yet been confirmed if any of the Country superstars will be featured in an upcoming episode.

Concert Stars
    Gosh I remember that night. I hope carrie gets shown! It is so odd that she hasn't been shown yet when even kelly clarkson was and she is not even country.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Gosh I remember that night. I hope carrie gets shown! It is so odd that she hasn't been shown yet when even kelly clarkson was and she is not even country.
    Carrie isn't Reba's daughter-in-law, though. -shrug-

Concert Stars
    ^ lol good point.

Concert Stars
    I believe that during the Opry show during CMA Fest week we were told that they would be doing some filming of the crowd for possible use in the show.
    DaisyTweets, rainbow1 and rainbow1 like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Carrie did a voice over when they did the CMAs on the show. I have no doubt if she were interested in a guest spot she would have one in a second. With the exception of Brad, who had an obvious personal connection, no current A listers have made guest appearances. It seems it's not important to them.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I thoroughly enjoy "Nashville", but I can also see why some on Music Row might not.

Although it has plenty of entertainment value to attract general TV drama audiences, I think Callie Khouri had some strong ideas in mind in conceiving and writing the series. Running all through the series is the theme of a critique of Nashville's business practices - you can see this in the way the label chiefs treat Rayna and Juliette, and the way the producers and artist development people treat Avery and Scarlett. Callie also serves on a artists' pressure group overseeing the way the media portray women - the story line in "Nashville" is strongly built around female characters, and the male characters are often portrayed in the way they interact with the women, or, in the case of the younger ones, are shown caught up in exploitative or judgmental situations that show how they too can suffer from treatment analogous to the way the industry can treat women.

Secondly, the prevailing music on "Nashville", especially that created by the more adventurous characters is often rather different from that in the Mainstream charts. When chart music is portrayed, it's subtly critical - for example, the most successful male singer, Luke Wheeler, is shown performing to a brash, in your face, beer and trucks concert audience - and the two younger women favoured initially by the labels, Juliette and Layla, are portrayed performing to very Pop-celebrity focused fans. This musical outlook is not too surprising when you consider that the first musical director was Callie's husband, T-Bone Burnett, and the present one is one of the AMA's leading musical "geniuses", Buddy Miller.

If you put these two aspects - the business critique and the musical emphasis - together, I think "Nashville" portrays a scene that leans more to an Alternative Country view of the scene than to a Music Row-friendly view. If so, I could understand why the labels and publicity teams are not falling over themselves to try and get their A-listers onto the show.

I actually think, though, that Carrie might be more willing to appear briefly. She's always struck me as having a broad view of Country Music, and - rather like Jay de Marcus and Lindi Ortega (and possibly Brad himself) - she may not feel particularly close to Music Row.
    rainbow1 and sosmallgirl like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Carrie did a voice over when they did the CMAs on the show. I have no doubt if she were interested in a guest spot she would have one in a second. With the exception of Brad, who had an obvious personal connection, no current A listers have made guest appearances. It seems it's not important to them.
    FGL and Luke Byran are already scheduled to be on the show this season.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Hey, since Laura Benanti will be starring in Nashville now, maybe Carrie will make a cameo appearance in an episode. Wasn't Laura at Carrie's most recent Opry appearance?
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Actually both Rascal Flatts and Pickler were on it. I think it would be very cool for carrie to cameo on it and I don't see why it can't happen given what a ratings draw she is. Her Opry connection also helps her case.

Florida GA Line is gonna be on the season premiere.
    Last edited by teesharky; 09-12-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    rainbow1 likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Actually both Rascal Flatts and Pickler were on it. I think it would be very cool for carrie to cameo on it and I don't see why it can't happen given what a ratings draw she is. Her Opry connection also helps her case.
    I don't consider Pickler an A lister but I had forgotten about Rascal Flatts. I stand behind my assertion that if Carrie were interested they would likely love to have her.
    JB172 and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I don't consider Pickler an A lister but I had forgotten about Rascal Flatts. I stand behind my assertion that if Carrie were interested they would likely love to have her.
    Exactly!!!!

If it fits into everybody's schedule there is no question that the show would love to have her.

Concert Stars
    wow awesome news!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaD View Post
    Carrie isn't Reba's daughter-in-law, though. -shrug-
    Don't think that has anything to do with it considering Reba hasn't even been on, so I kinda doubt they were like oh, Kelly is Reba's duaghter in law let's put her on and not Reba. Sounds stupid. Just because Kelly was on doesn't really mean anything. Carrie is always very busy and Kelly wasn't quite as busy as Carrie as of late so she could fit it in. Maybe as Carrie slows down with the pregnancy she'll get a chance to be on.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think Rascal Flatts has been on the show and Kelly Clarkson.

•