Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: Carrie Underwood Talks About CMA Songwriters Series

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Talks About CMA Songwriters Series

CMA Songwriting: Chats with Bob DiPiero, Carrie Underwood, Easton Corbin, Kix Brooks, Chris Young, Ronnie Milsap & Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman*|*Mike Ragogna

Chats with Bob DiPiero, Billy Currington, Carrie Underwood, Kix Brooks, Easton Borbin, Ronnie Milsap, Chris Young & Little Big Town's Kimberley Schlapman About The CMA Songwriting Series

Carrie Underwood: I love it when the writers of a song that I sing tell a story about the song that I didn't know before. Some special moment that happened while they were writing the song, or something that gave them the idea, or what certain lines and phrases mean to them. When I sing a song that I didn't write, I relate to it in my own way, but sometimes the writer will say something that makes me look at the song a different way. I like that.

Carrie Underwood: I love songwriting almost as much as I love singing. It makes the songs I sing so personal when I had a hand in writing them. That said, there are so many amazing songwriters in Nashville. If some of them happen to get together and write an amazing song that I wasn't in the room for, I'm not going to pass on singing it! In the beginning, I was definitely not as confident in myself as a songwriter as I am now. That just comes with experience. I look forward to the days that I get to write and am excited about whatever it is we'll come up with next!

Carrie Underwood: It's hard to pick an absolute favorite song ever. My favorites change with time and where I'm at in my life. One of my favorite songs that I've ever recorded is called "Forever Changed" written by Tom Douglas, Hillary Lindsey, and James Slater. There is something so perfectly old-fashioned and relatable about it. It's about the circle of life, but written in a way that is written full of love and beauty. From the lyrics to the music, everything about that song makes me feel and feel deeply. That's what truly great songs are all about. We're all allowed those fun time songs that are all about attitude and great for the fans to sing along to. But every once in a while, you run into a song that's so special it's almost impossible to sing the whole way through without getting emotional. That's why I've never sung "Forever Changed" live. I can't do it. But I'm so proud to have gotten to sing it for one of my albums.

Carrie Underwood: That's a tough question to answer. I think there's so much that artists have to figure out for themselves along the way and no amount of advice could adequately prepare them for so much that lies ahead. That said, I think it's important to surround yourself with people that you like and trust. Keep those around you who will keep you grounded. People that will tell you how it really is. And give it your all, all the time! Every chance you get to perform is a chance you get to prove yourself.

Carrie Underwood: I love the opportunity to do things that are different. I feel like I do so many concert shows with huge production full of lights and amazing effects. While those are so much fun, it's nice to switch it up and do something that is more about the songwriting and story-telling aspect of what I get to do. I love acoustic sets and getting to sing with other people. It's unpredictable and unplanned, which makes it unique!

Carrie Underwood: I like to find more ways to love what I do. It's not difficult. I just have to keep finding things to sing and write about. I keep my eyes and ears open to things that inspire me. I want to keep pushing myself as a singer and a songwriter. As long as I get to keep performing, I'm happy!

Concert Stars
    love her answers..thanks for posting!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading it. I agree with her on Forever Changed. I really like that song a lot. Like her answers.

Very cool!!!!!!!

•