Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Sirius XM: Carrie to Appear on Foo Fighters' ALBUM!

Concert Stars

Sirius XM: Carrie to Appear on Foo Fighters' ALBUM!

SiriusXM The Highway @SXMTheHighway 4h Nashville Flash: Expect to hear @carrieunderwood on a rock band's new album http://bit.ly/1n4JRB7

OMG this article says that Carrie WILL appear on the new Foo Fighters ALBUM, not the documentary! I hope they are not mistaken!

Concert Stars
    Me too! :-)
    rainbow1 and AdamJ like this.

Concert Stars

Foo Fighters 2014 Tour Update: Upcoming eighth album is set to release this November; Band produces an HBO Documentary Films

(Credit: Reuters/Danny Moloshok) Foo Fighters pose at the 54th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California July 8
    10:05 AM 2014

Print This Article Share it With Friends
    by Staff Writer 0 Comments

Foo Fighters' 2014 Tour circulates like wildfire on the internet; and so as their upcoming latest album which will be released this fall as confirmed on the band's page. Other reports reveal tours in South Africa.
    Reportedly by KPopStarz, Dave Grohl exposed that the album will be featuring bizarre stadium anthems. In addition, he had concluded this instead of "banging out these big choruses, because that's what we do, we're banging them out in the middle of instrumental sections that will take you by surprise."
    Related

Moreover, a tour in South Africa on December is also focused by the band. "We've been a band for 20 years and it's time for us to start going to the places we've never been," Grohl told Rolling Stone. "I love all of the places that we've been, and all over the world we've built these amazing fan base audiences, but I love going to places we've never been." It becomes vital for the band to continue on world tours.

Meanwhile, an HBO documentary series will be produced featuring the band's tours. Hosted by Dave himself, the films also highlight their studio tours in different US' states including: Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Nashville, Washington DC, New Orleans, and New York.

In addition, the band will be featuring their collaborations with several famous artists - Gary Clark Jr., Joe Walsh, Chuck D., American Idol's Carrie Underwood, Rick Nielsen, and Gibby Haynes.

According to the same site, Foo Fighters stated facts on their upcoming album and HBO TV Series; "One song was recorded in each city, every song featuring local legends sitting in, and every lyric written in an unprecedented experimental style."

The documentary emphasizes the lives of the different co-artists. Consequently, the band tells that "each episode delves into the singular regional identity of each city-how each region shaped these musicians in their formative years, and in turn the impact those people had on the cultural fabric of their hometowns-ultimately celebrating their common bond."
    The HBO TV Series will premiere as a celebration of their 20th anniversary.

Foo Fighters 2014 Tour Update: Upcoming eighth album is set to release this November; Band produces an HBO Documentary Films : Trending News : Venture Capital Post
    oldyfan, AdamJ, rainbow1 and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    SiriusXM The Highway @SXMTheHighway 4h Nashville Flash: Expect to hear @carrieunderwood on a rock band's new album http://bit.ly/1n4JRB7

OMG this article says that Carrie WILL appear on the new Foo Fighters ALBUM, not the documentary! I hope they are not mistaken!
    I don't think they are mistaken, and believe she will be doing both. The article says a song was recorded in each city, and the documentary emphasizes the lives of the different co-artists. Hope that means what I think it does. I still plan to extend my HBO subscription, just in case.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I love the Foo Fighters music and I am really happy that Carrie will be on their album---which I will definitely buy. I love it when Carrie rocks out. Personally, I think Carrie could be the best female rocker in today's scene.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

Foo Fighters 2014 Tour Update: Upcoming eighth album is set to release this November; Band produces an HBO Documentary Films

(Credit: Reuters/Danny Moloshok) Foo Fighters pose at the 54th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California July 8
    10:05 AM 2014

Print This Article Share it With Friends
    by Staff Writer 0 Comments

Foo Fighters' 2014 Tour circulates like wildfire on the internet; and so as their upcoming latest album which will be released this fall as confirmed on the band's page. Other reports reveal tours in South Africa.
    Reportedly by KPopStarz, Dave Grohl exposed that the album will be featuring bizarre stadium anthems. In addition, he had concluded this instead of "banging out these big choruses, because that's what we do, we're banging them out in the middle of instrumental sections that will take you by surprise."
    Related

Moreover, a tour in South Africa on December is also focused by the band. "We've been a band for 20 years and it's time for us to start going to the places we've never been," Grohl told Rolling Stone. "I love all of the places that we've been, and all over the world we've built these amazing fan base audiences, but I love going to places we've never been." It becomes vital for the band to continue on world tours.

Meanwhile, an HBO documentary series will be produced featuring the band's tours. Hosted by Dave himself, the films also highlight their studio tours in different US' states including: Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Nashville, Washington DC, New Orleans, and New York.

In addition, the band will be featuring their collaborations with several famous artists - Gary Clark Jr., Joe Walsh, Chuck D., American Idol's Carrie Underwood, Rick Nielsen, and Gibby Haynes.

According to the same site, Foo Fighters stated facts on their upcoming album and HBO TV Series; "One song was recorded in each city, every song featuring local legends sitting in, and every lyric written in an unprecedented experimental style."

The documentary emphasizes the lives of the different co-artists. Consequently, the band tells that "each episode delves into the singular regional identity of each city-how each region shaped these musicians in their formative years, and in turn the impact those people had on the cultural fabric of their hometowns-ultimately celebrating their common bond."
    The HBO TV Series will premiere as a celebration of their 20th anniversary.

Foo Fighters 2014 Tour Update: Upcoming eighth album is set to release this November; Band produces an HBO Documentary Films : Trending News : Venture Capital Post
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
    Great great news! Carrie is on her way to becoming a Country-Rock Legend!!! : D
    I know Carrie was interviewed for this, but how cool will it be if she was also part in writing the song!
    AdamJ, liz278, teesharky and 5 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yippee! Thanks for posting this Tee. Can't wait to hear the song.
    AdamJ and teesharky like this.

Carrie is going collabs-crazy recently! lol

Not that I am complaining! =D
    rainbow1, AdamJ, teesharky and 3 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Interesting.

Carrie is just loved by everybody these days! Haha.
    rainbow1, AdamJ, oldyfan and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Carrie is going collabs-crazy recently! lol

Not that I am complaining! =D
    People are going crazy to get Carrie to collab!!!!!!! LOL
    AdamJ, teesharky, oldyfan and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    People are going crazy to get Carrie to collab!!!!!!! LOL
    Can't say I blame them!!!

Windmills Country @WindmillsMusic Jul 3

Artists who've had their highest (so far) Billboard Hot 100 peaks via duets w Carrie Underwood: Randy Travis, Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert.
    rainbow1, teesharky, AdamJ and 7 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Windmills did point out that the articles sort of rehash each other, like the RollingStone article is quoted in there, etc. I hope this is legit. But it seems to be.
    lolita55 likes this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I read the Rolling Stone article, at least I tried, but not being familiar with many of these artists it wasn't an east read for me. My intention was to try and get a sense of this 'Foo' project. What I understood was that they ( the Foo) made stops in several cities, one of which was Nashville, to talk about, explore the roots of the music in each particular city visited. And while exploring Nashville 's music roots they mentioned the music's connection to 'religion'. Having read this I wondered why they would go to a still relatively younger member of Nashville's music scene rather than go to a more seasoned artist. And two, why approach an artist the music industry in general often views as a pop/country singer?
    I'm not implying that Carrie couldn't meet their needs as regards the historical evolution of country music, I just thought the Foo's objective would have lead them to a more seasoned performer.

Nevertheless, I can think of a number of reasons why they would approach Carrie instead of say, a Vince Gill (I love the wildly talented Mr.Gill). Carrie Underwood is: current, relevant, successful, popular in and outside the country genre and is proud and public about her faith. The fact that she continues to ride high on a wave of success that over the years has picked up speed and volume doesn't hurt.
    AdamJ, bluetb4, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Great news. Carrie is becoming quite popular with artists in other genres.
    oldyfan and AdamJ like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ dave Grohl has always liked carrie from
    day 1. I cannot recall the specifics but Carrie said something about meeting him at the Grammys or something. He has always been cool to her. Same with Courtney Love.
    lolita55, AdamJ, rainbow1 and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool that other artist like Foo Fighters collaborated with Carrie
    lolita55, oldyfan and AdamJ like this.

Concert Stars
    I think Carrie's star power has grown immensely this year, despite being between albums, especially since her Sound of Music and Sunday Night Football gigs.
    pgk, oldyfan and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    oh I hope this is true!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Interesting. Dave Grohl is not that fond of reality TV singing contests. Found an article at mjsbigblog about Dave Grohl's disapproval of American Idol-type shows; he did not diss the contestants/artists who won the show.

American Idol News: Casey Abrams, Danielle Bradbery, Danny Gokey

Dave Grohl Takes Dig at 'Song Contests' During HBO's 'Sonic Highways' Panel - TheWrap

Concert Stars
    Hmmmm....and Carrie's on it.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast