Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Sirius XM: Carrie to Appear on Foo Fighters' ALBUM!

Concert Stars
    ^^^I think Carrie is the exception in the reality shows. Out of all the contestants on all the singing shows how many have gone on to become a huge success. (And we all have to agree that a part of it is her work ethic)
    rainbow1 likes this.

now she'll be Foo Fisher.
    judes, teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

I really hope Carrie is featured on the album but I am still not 100% sure. It seems like a lot of these articles are just assuming. I read a few last night that said Dolly Parton would be the artist the Foo Fighters collaborated with for the Nashville song. So I am not sure whether Carrie will actually be on the album or will just be interviewed for the HBO show.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ hmmm I hope that is not true. While dolly surely fits the description of a legend- Dave specifically mentioned interviewing/meeting Carrie. Perhaps they are both part of the documentary? He did not mention Dolly though- odd. Plus why have none of the main articles from before mentioned Dolly when discussing the album.

Bummer if true. But it could be that both carrie and dolly are involved.

Concert Stars
    ok i just read an LA times article that said he interviewed /worked with Such artists as Dolly Parton and even Obama. But they did not rule out Carrie as it only mentioned Dolly and Obama.

perhaps he interviewed both Dolly and Carrie? Hope carrie is on the album.

Hmm, re-reading the articles from last night maybe it is just an interview with Dolly. I could've sworn I read that he sang with her, but I can't find that article now.

From this Rolling Stone article:

In each place, he collaborates with native artists and then writes a song. He calls the series "a love letter to the history of American music."
    Other country stars set to be featured in Sonic Highways include Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton, of whom Grohl says, "Nobody is cooler than Dolly Parton. Her story is amazing."
    And this AP article:

The singer's new series debuting in October is tied into the Foo Fighters' untitled album set for release in November. Grohl and bandmates Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear visit studios in eight cities, recording one song in each location for the album. Along the way, Grohl interviews musicians tied to a particular city, including Buddy Guy, Dolly Parton, Chuck D, Gibby Haynes, Allen Toussaint and Gary Clark Jr.
    Grohl chose the locales for their connections to the band. Local legends sit in with the band on the eight songs. Grohl waited to write the lyrics until the last day of each session, hoping to be inspired by the experiences and interviews he'd done.
    And then this other Rolling Stone article once again uses the word "collaboration" along with Carrie's name:
    According to Grohl, the band collaborated with a number of musicians throughout the recording process including Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, Gary Clark Jr., Joe Walsh, Carrie Underwood, Chuck D and Butthole Surfers' Gibby Haynes.
    So I guess we will see soon! lol. Hopefully a track list appears soon. I am just being cautiously optimistic as I don't want to be disappointed if she's not actually featured on a track.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    This is an excellent article, dtd. 7/10, and mentions both Dolly and Carrie.

?Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways? to Premiere in October on HBO - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    rainbow1, Gator, teesharky and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Tx. That article mentions both Carrie, Dolly and Willie Nelson, so it is clear he used more than one country artist in Nashville.

That could mean he interviewed all 3, for Nashville, but it is unclear who sang with him on the Nashville song?

Perhaps all 3 contributed?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrolet View Post
    now she'll be Foo Fisher.
    I love that. haha If she is on the album- you should tweet that nickname to her. lol

^^ Yeah, it's unclear who is actually featured on the album and who will just be featured in interviews on the show. I'm so anxious to find out!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Tx. That article mentions both Carrie, Dolly and Willie Nelson, so it is clear he used more than one country artist in Nashville.

That could mean he interviewed all 3, for Nashville, but it is unclear who sang with him on the Nashville song?

Perhaps all 3 contributed?
    It's possible that Willie Nelson was involved in the Austin segment (He has a history with Nashville, but has been more involved with the Austin scene for a long time)

Interestingly, the press release mentions Carrie in the paragraph describing how the lyrics are laid down on the last day - so she may get a writing credit as well. (Nora Guthrie is mentioned in the same paragraph, and may also have helped with the writing - but, although she's been involved with the Voices of Oklahoma project, I think she would be in the New York City segment, where her family's historical foundation is based)

The various articles mention Carrie quite a bit - and like Jess, I get the feeling that her involvement is likely to be more than just an interview. Grohl played drums on "Day For The Dead", which was one of the highlights of the last CMA awards - I suspect he and Carrie may have got on well together at occasions like that.
    rainbow1, epicamends and txacar like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    It's possible that Willie Nelson was involved in the Austin segment (He has a history with Nashville, but has been more involved with the Austin scene for a long time)

Interestingly, the press release mentions Carrie in the paragraph describing how the lyrics are laid down on the last day - so she may get a writing credit as well. (Nora Guthrie is mentioned in the same paragraph, and may also have helped with the writing - but, although she's been involved with the Voices of Oklahoma project, I think she would be in the New York City segment, where her family's historical foundation is based)

The various articles mention Carrie quite a bit - and like Jess, I get the feeling that her involvement is likely to be more than just an interview. Grohl played drums on "Day For The Dead", which was one of the highlights of the last CMA awards - I suspect he and Carrie may have got on well together at occasions like that.

Tx! Austin makes more sense for Willie for sure.

i also think it is possible Carrie got a writing credit too based on a few articles like this. Gosh I want confirmation so badly. Lol

Concert Stars
    Another new article today in the Winnipeg Press lists carrie and dolly as guest artists but only mentions willie as an interview. The plot thickens. He he
    rainbow1 and txacar like this.

^ It definitely seems promising! :-)
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ agree. I think there is still hope.

Rock 'n' roll road trip - Winnipeg Free Press

Hitting the (Sonic) Highway

The cities:

• Austin, Texas
    • Chicago, Ill.
    • Los Angeles, Calif.
    • Nashville, Tenn.
    • New Orleans, La.
    • New York, N.Y.
    • Seattle, Wash.
    • Washington, D.C.

The guest artists:

• Buddy Guy
    • Joe Walsh
    • Dolly Parton
    • Rick Nielsen
    • Bad Brains
    • Chuck D
    • Gibby Haynes
    • Allen Toussaint
    • Gary Clark Jr.
    • Charlie Gabriel
    • Nora Guthrie
    • Trombone Shorty
    • Carrie Underwood
    • The Preservation Hall Jazz Band

The agenda:
    "This is a musical map of America... the chronicling of a journey to unravel the fabric of our musical identity."
    -- Dave Grohl
    txacar and rainbow1 like this.

I do think it's very telling that we know Willie was interviewed, but he isn't included in the guest artists list. Maybe Dolly and Carrie sing together on a track?

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12