Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree645Likes

Thread: Carrie to appear in Dave Grohl's upcoming HBO docu-series?

Carrie to appear in Dave Grohl's upcoming HBO docu-series?

I figured this kind of thing deserved its own thread. Very exciting! :-)

Looks like Dave Grohl may have interviewed Carrie for his upcoming HBO docu-series Sonic Highway. I know they'd met before the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame event, but it's great to hear that they must've hit it off and gotten to know each other a bit better.

Do you feel a sense of responsibility to tell the story?
    I don't know if I feel it's a responsibility but I have the opportunity and the resources. I am fortunate to be the guy that can send an email to Chuck D or Gibby [Haynes] from the Butthole Surfers or Rick Nielsen from Cheap Trick or Carrie Underwood and say, Hey, can I interview you for a project I'm doing?
    Rock Hall of Fame: Dave Grohl on Nirvana Honors, Reuniting with Courtney Love: 'It Was Beautiful' | Billboard

Concert Stars
    This definitely deserves its own thread! Love this! I do recall Carrie meeting Dave Grohl at the Grammys or something like that, and speaking highly of him, vice versa.

I love this. And I love that he stood for them during their Rock Hall performance and loved it! So cool!

I wonder what this is about? Is it sort of a behind the scenes thing for their new album?

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    This definitely deserves its own thread! Love this! I do recall Carrie meeting Dave Grohl at the Grammys or something like that, and speaking highly of him, vice versa.

I love this. And I love that he stood for them during their Rock Hall performance and loved it! So cool!

I wonder what this is about? Is it sort of a behind the scenes thing for their new album?
    It's nothing to do with the Foo Fighters, it's a separate Dave project.

In an effort to presumably battle Questlove for Busiest Musician title, Dave Grohl will host and produce a documentary show for HBO set to premiere later this year.

Paul Brannigan, author of the Dave Grohl biography This Is a Call: The Life and Times of Dave Grohl, announced the news on Classic Rock magazine, noting that the series will find Grohl visiting and recording music at various studios around the world. The Foo Fighters frontman and Hall of Fame inductee will also interview select artists at each studio, including Kiss' Paul Stanley, Heart's Nancy Wilson, the Eagles' Joe Walsh and Fugazi's Ian MacKaye.
    Dave Grohl to Get His Own HBO Show | Music News | Rolling Stone

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow, awesome!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    That's good to know it. Thanks Jess epicamends for posting

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Well he doesn't really say he has or will interview Carrie.
    Just that he's the guy who can send her an email asking to interview her. :-)

Guess time will tell.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Well he doesn't really say he has or will interview Carrie.
    Just that he's the guy who can send her an email asking to interview her. :-)

Guess time will tell.
    True, but I doubt he would have mentioned her name if she'd said no. (And I doubt she would say no to Dave Grohl. lol)

He's also recording one song in each city he visits with local musicians. How cool would it be to get a Carrie/Dave Grohl collaboration? :-)
    The musician recorded one song in each city, with local iconic musicians including Kiss' Paul Stanley, Heart's Nancy Wilson, the Eagles' Joe Walsh and Fugazi's Ian MacKaye. As Grohl noted in a press release, the singer saved writing lyrics to each song until the last day of recording "in order to be inspired by the experiences, interviews and personalities that became part of the process." Grohl said the new series, set to premiere this fall, will be a "love letter to the history of American music," with each episode looking at the identity of its respective city.
    Gator, bluetb4, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This is awesome. I don't get HBO, so I hope someone remembers to cap the Nashville episode for us!
    rainbow1 and carrieguy2 like this.

Dave Grohl Talks New Foo Fighters Album, HBO Series | Music News | Rolling Stone

In addition to previously announced collaborators like Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, Gary Clark Jr. and Joe Walsh, Grohl also reveals that he shared studio time with Carrie Underwood, Chuck D and Butthole Surfers' Gibby Haynes. "You'll recognize Foo Fighters in this record but you'll also be surprised by us. We're doing things that we've never done before," Grohl said. "And I want to say that it's only eight songs but I think it might be our longest record because, as I was writing these songs, I had to take a cinematic approach. Like I couldn't just write a three-and-a-half-minute long KROQ jingle and film it for the finale of an episode about the history of music in New Orleans, ya know?"

Concert Stars
    Well, it seems Carrie has found a network to display her talents. It seems HBO is willing to emphasize her importance to country music even more than CMA or ACM.

Concert Stars
    That's what I'm talking about!!!!!

Concert Stars
    Wow, I love how the musicians and aritsts of the Rock world and just the musical world, are really starting to look at Carrie as a legitimate member of the musical landscape of today, and bringing true artistry to it.

This is a really nice contribution to her long list of collaborations........

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    So...shared studio time...does that mean she sang on the song he wrote about Nashville???
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That would make for an interesting collaboration. I like that Carrie is afraid of trying new things and challenging herself.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    After 9 years, Carrie Underwood's stardom is still going up and up, and her fame in music industry is also still going up and up!

No wonder Country Music Industry is so jealous of Carrie Underwood...ha..ha..ha..

Concert Stars
    wow this will be neat!
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Dave Grohl Talks New Foo Fighters Album, HBO Series | Music News | Rolling Stone

In addition to previously announced collaborators like Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, Gary Clark Jr. and Joe Walsh, Grohl also reveals that he shared studio time with Carrie Underwood, Chuck D and Butthole Surfers' Gibby Haynes. "You'll recognize Foo Fighters in this record but you'll also be surprised by us. We're doing things that we've never done before," Grohl said. "And I want to say that it's only eight songs but I think it might be our longest record because, as I was writing these songs, I had to take a cinematic approach. Like I couldn't just write a three-and-a-half-minute long KROQ jingle and film it for the finale of an episode about the history of music in New Orleans, ya know?"
    You have no idea how happy and excited this makes me. AHHHHHHH
    Ann055, teesharky and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post

holy crap! If carrie actually recorded with the Foo Fighters, I might never stop smiling! Wow!

Did you guys see this??

ET Canada @ETCanada 6h Here's your first look at Dave Grohl's @HBO documentary series 'Foo Fighters: #SonicHighways', premiering this fall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-z8A9P5ziA

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Well, it seems Carrie has found a network to display her talents. It seems HBO is willing to emphasize her importance to country music even more than CMA or ACM.
    exactly! haha The Country Music Hall of Fame treats Carrie well too--- they have a new display up this year apparently, of Carrie doing SNF! haha

And the Rock Hall of Fame treats Carrie right. So the only pricks that try to hold her back are the CMA voters...(and sometimes the ACM voters too, but since Carrie won 11 ACMS, including EOTY twice, most of my wrath is always going to be directed at the CMAS). lol

I love HBO. Did you see how much they showed Carrie at the Rock Hall thing? Dang it was like she was being inducted. lol
    bluetb4 likes this.

Concert Stars
    So could this be another of Carrie's "special side projects" she mentioned? Do you think the "studio time" meant an interview only, or a song??

Rolling Stone mentioned her in the context of collaborations, so it did not sound like just an interview in this article.

•  
    Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast