Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: The Unblonding of Carrie Underwood

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

The Unblonding of Carrie Underwood

CMT : News : The Unblonding of Carrie Underwood

At first, we thought it was just the lighting on the red carpet. When Carrie Underwood arrived at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday (May 18) night, it was almost hard to recognize her. Where was her signature long blond hair? Her side-swept bangs?

It obviously was her -- but with a major transformation. She was a brunette.

Well, OK, maybe more like a blonde but just a darker one.

Underwood looks so phenomenal in anything and everything, she could have black hair one day and be a ginger the next day, and it would be all good. (Remember when she got that long bob hair cut in 2009? It was an instant hit with style-watchers everywhere.) It was a little risky but not like Lady-Gaga-in-a-meat-suit risky.

When People magazine had the chance to ask Underwood about her new hair color, she explained why she was ready for the change. It's basically because the darker blond might make her stand out a little more in the sea of super bright platinum blondes in country music.

"It's just a little bit darker. I don't think I'd want to or could even pull off being a brunette, but it's just nice sometimes to change it up a bit," Underwood told People on the red carpet. "I've been super-blonde forever, and I feel like there are a lot of super-blond ladies in music, so I thought I'd darken it just a little bit."

She stood out all right. Not just because of her hair but because of her "Somethin' Bad" performance with Miranda Lambert, her Milestone Award and her wardrobe for the night, which was a good mix of designers I've never heard of (Oriett Domenchi, Spragwerks) and shoes I was dying over (Brian Atwood, Guiseppe Zanotti and YSL).

Concert Stars
    I miss Carrie's blonde hair! sorry to say but I just love blonde better!!

Concert Stars
    I am loving her new look! And it is true there is a whole bunch of blondes in music and its hard to stand out when everyone is blonde!
    rainbow1 and pklongbeach like this.

The new hair color is awesome! I really like it on her!

Reminds me to this:

images-1.jpeg

I love it!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

I personally think there are women like Dolly and Carrie that are just classic blondes. While I have been enjoying Carrie's trip to the "dark side" I prefer her blonde as well. It's how we met her on American Idol and she'll always be a blonde, farm girl to me. I think when album 5 comes around she will go back to the blonde.

To me Carrie still is blonde her hair color now is just a dark shade of blonde.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I love the new look and Carrie will always be Carrie blond or not.

Concert Stars
    Her new hair color gives her an exotic look.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    lol, it's like Melissa said on twitter Carrie's hair has been darker for a while now and people just now seem to be noticing.

I remember in the fall at the TJ Martell thing all of us talking about it.

I love what she said the other day about so many platinum blondes ( especially in country) now so she's trying something different.Once again Carrie lead the pack, by fall all the platinums will be going darker. Just watch.
    Ann055, rainbow1, liz278 and 5 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I feel like it is closer to her natural color. I prefer it a little lighter blonde then it is but I don't hate it like this.

Guys this is funny! Take a look at Danielle's hair! She is obssesed with Carrie!! lol

Danielle Bradbery - Young In America - YouTube

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    lol, it's like Melissa said on twitter Carrie's hair has been darker for a while now and people just now seem to be noticing.
    It was more noticeable on the BBMA red carpet because of the way she had it styled. It's darker at the roots so with it pulled back from her face it looked darker. It's probably pretty close to her natural color now. She commented fairly recently that she hadn't had it colored in several months.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    Guys this is funny! Take a look at Danielle's hair! She is obssesed with Carrie!! lol

El cabello de Ídolo Danielle Bradbery es absolutamente genial en el nuevo vídeo

Idol Danielle's hair is absolutely awesome. I love her so much

Concert Stars
    Love the natural blonde color. It definitely enhances her gorgeous eyes and complexion, and separates her from all of the other bleached blondies in country music. Her hair was this color when she auditioned for Idol, btw.

I think Carrie is beautiful no matter what color. I like her darker blond hair color. It brings out her beautiful complexion, features, and beautiful eyes like stated above. She is still blond just a darker color.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    Pi314CA and rainbow1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post

Carrie and her impact.

Light blond and dark blond - just different look for Carrie. One brings a more fun, cheerful look. The other brings a more mysterious look.
    Both gorgeous on her.

I personally prefer darker hair, so obviously I would be a bit biased when I say that I would like Carrie to keep the dark tone longer... =)

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post

I remember in the fall at the TJ Martell thing all of us talking about it.
    I'm thinking that maybe it's because when she was next to Miranda it really stood out. I noticed how striking the difference was myself when they were performing at the Billboard awards.
    lizcarlo and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I'm just glad she took notice of the fact and decided to continue to make trends instead of follow them.

If one more country singer bleached their hair "platnium" the thick curls down past the shoulder, I was going to scream!
    I'm glad she saw what I saw.

And I think she did it really smart. Not a big enough change for people to think she was making a statement. But just enough to make sure the world knew she is "not just another blond country singer".

I agree with the poster up thread; Now we wait for the next 6 months when all the platniums will begin to tread darker......

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    I have to laugh at all of us trying so hard to see something deeper in her hair color. Maybe she just changed her hair color because she was sick of it and wanted a change or was tired of having it done and opted to go with her natural color. The plot thickens ... LOL

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast