Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: Carrie Made Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential !!

Concert Stars

Carrie Made Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential !!

Sorry I don't have the link posted but this is what is said about her by Brad ...

I remember Carrie Underwood early on telling me how badly she wanted to earn her place in our industry. It was 2005, and she had just won American Idol and had her first No. 1 song

Fast-forward to 2014. Not only has she earned her place, she’s also raised the bar: she’s a prolific songwriter, a trendsetter and an Opry member. But it’s her decency as a person that is so impressive. She’s an advocate for causes like animal rights and the Red Cross. She has publicly challenged lawmakers when she’s disagreed with them, and covered controversial issues in her music. She can sing the fire out of a song and tell a joke. I’m always amazed at her comedic timing and instincts when we co-host the CMA Awards. She has faith, a sense of self and loves a good challenge. When most singers tackle a Broadway musical, it’s in front of a thousand people. She did it in front of 20 million.

So many young girls want to be just like her. In that sense, I see hope for the world. If I had a daughter, nothing would make me happier than to hear her say she wanted to grow up to be like Carrie Underwood.
    Paisley is an award-winning singer-songwriter

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by chris07 View Post
    Sorry I don't have the link posted but this is what is said about her by Brad ...

I remember Carrie Underwood early on telling me how badly she wanted to earn her place in our industry. It was 2005, and she had just won American Idol and had her first No. 1 song

Fast-forward to 2014. Not only has she earned her place, she’s also raised the bar: she’s a prolific songwriter, a trendsetter and an Opry member. But it’s her decency as a person that is so impressive. She’s an advocate for causes like animal rights and the Red Cross. She has publicly challenged lawmakers when she’s disagreed with them, and covered controversial issues in her music. She can sing the fire out of a song and tell a joke. I’m always amazed at her comedic timing and instincts when we co-host the CMA Awards. She has faith, a sense of self and loves a good challenge. When most singers tackle a Broadway musical, it’s in front of a thousand people. She did it in front of 20 million.

So many young girls want to be just like her. In that sense, I see hope for the world. If I had a daughter, nothing would make me happier than to hear her say she wanted to grow up to be like Carrie Underwood.
    That is awesome to hear and I have no idea how it happened with that poll being so skewed, lol. Those are beautiful things said by Brad. I continue to love their friendship and I am glad that they got him to talk about Carrie, because no one would give her higher praise than him.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    That is awesome to hear and I have no idea how it happened with that poll being so skewed, lol. Those are beautiful things said by Brad. I continue to love their friendship and I am glad that they got him to talk about Carrie, because no one would give her higher praise than him.
    The editors picked the TIME 100. The poll is meaningless.

PRGuy79, rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Sorry ... Just realized this had been posted by Ann earlier ...

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Wow. Congratulations, Idol Carrie! You are truly my proud inspiration. I'm absolutely happy for you

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Ann ‏@Okies4Carrie 1m
    "If I had a daughter, nothing would make me happier than to hear her say she wanted to grow up to be like Carrie Underwood" - Brad Paisley
    I really appreciate Brad Paisley's great words. Thank you so much, Brad

Concert Stars
    I pretty much teared up when I read that this morning. I am so glad they picked Brad to speak for her.

Cannotit to see her dress on 4/29! There is a red carpet plus she is performing so we may get 2 outfits.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yay!! Great news!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    TIME 100 Women By the Numbers: http://time.com/74706/time-100-women-numbers/

Concert Stars
    Tears......so,so proud!!! Makes those "other" shows look pretty silly and insignificant!!
    Pi314CA, PRGuy79, Ann055 and 5 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by chris07 View Post

sniff, sniff. So beautiful, so very deserving.
    Pi314CA, Ann055, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    So happy that Idol Carrie Underwood is the only country artist on the list of TIME 100.
    Taylor Swift and Adele are much more well-known but both are completely defeated by my Idol

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love Brad's comments on Carrie!! They have a lifetime friendship for sure.
    bluetb4, rainbow1, Ann055 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    wow, I admit I choked up to, just at the part where he wrote "if I had a daughter........" aww. such kind words and stated with such pride and honesty.

Thanks Brad!
    PRGuy79, rainbow1, bluetb4 and 6 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan

I LOVE this write-up that is within MJ's blog!!!

Carrie’s team has been doing a very good job working outside of Music Row politics to ensure Carrie’s many career accomplishments are being recognized! Between this, the Academy Of Country Music Gene Weed Special Achievement Award she is set to receive in September for “unprecedent, unique, and outstanding individual achievement,” her nomination for the Billboard Milestone Award, and her inclusion among female country-rock royalty to honor Linda Ronstadt’s Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction, they seem to be positioning her as somebody whose stature goes beyond what mainstream country in its current state is capable of recognizing. So, well done to Carrie’s team and congratulations to Carrie on everything she’s been able to achieve so far. Keep it up!

Concert Stars
    Yea, all the CMA/ACM voters are shaking their heads saying, "ok, tell us again why we're not voting for this girl", "she sure is everywhere. Well, except here where she makes her music". "We have to rethink our strategy". "Somebody call Blake".
    Last edited by jptexas; 04-24-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Concert Stars
    I am not so sure they are wondering what they are doing wrong, I think they are sitting around together nashing their teeth!

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast