• 1 Post By The Nanook
  • 1 Post By txacar
  • 1 Post By teesharky

Thread: Carrie to play "All 4 the Hall" Benefit - May 6

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie to play "All 4 the Hall" Benefit - May 6

Keith Urban, Vince Gill announce All 4 the Hall artists

A Country Music Hall of Famer, some Grand Ole Opry members, a few CMA Single of Year winners and a handful of today's hottest chart toppers will join Keith Urban and Vince Gill for their annual We're All 4 the Hall benefit concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
    The show themed "Songtellers" is May 6 at Bridgestone Arena. The lineup includes Gill, Urban, Brantley Gilbert, Brett Eldredge, Carrie Underwood, David Nail, Deana Carter, Kacey Musgraves, Kip Moore, Lee Ann Womack with Buddy Miller, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Reba McEntire and Ronnie Milsap.
    "I think this is going to be an extremely unique and revealing night for everyone," Urban said in a statement. "Not only are we going to see extraordinary 'one of a kind' performances, but we're going to hear some stories that just may have us hearing these well-known songs in a whole new way."
    Tickets for the event are $35 and $50 and will go on sale 10 a.m. April 4 through Ticketmaster outlets, at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site, by calling 1-800-745-3000 and at the Bridgestone Arena box office.
    An assortment of VIP packages will also be offered. Priced from $200-$3,500, those packages will include perks ranging from floor seats and an autographed photo to a Keith Urban autographed electric guitar and a VIP dinner the night before at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum including songwriter performances.
    Urban and Gill have raised more than $2 million for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum through the We're All 4 the Hall concerts.

Concert Stars
    So happy she's going to do this!! That's a very interesting and diverse lineup!!!
    pklongbeach and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes, I thought it was an interesting lineup as well.

This is great. I like that Carrie is going to spend her year doing gigs that she enjoys and serve a purpose and then is able to go home between them and be with the dogs and her hubby. Touring can be so intense and long. I like the idea that she is doing alot of one-nighters. And that she can pick and choose what she wants to do.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Yes, this year seems to be going a little different. and I like what I see. She is writing but still performing- not taking the year off as the way it seemed last time. We are still getting to see some videos and she is staying in touch - seems easer so far. Sure looking forward to some new music though - wished she'd just even sing some of those awesome songs on her BA album that didn't become singles! If she keeps adding dates she'll have as busy of a year as a tour but a lot easier than hauling around all those trucks with her screens etc. Sure wish she'd come here to our fair again!!!

Concert Stars
    wonderful!! so glad she's going to do it!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    Yes, this year seems to be going a little different. and I like what I see. She is writing but still performing- not taking the year off as the way it seemed last time. We are still getting to see some videos and she is staying in touch - seems easer so far. Sure looking forward to some new music though - wished she'd just even sing some of those awesome songs on her BA album that didn't become singles! If she keeps adding dates she'll have as busy of a year as a tour but a lot easier than hauling around all those trucks with her screens etc. Sure wish she'd come here to our fair again!!!
    Yes, touring for an act like Carries is hard.

For the most part all she sees in the inside of a bus, and the insides of venues backstage.
    And this may be exciting for weeks but can you imagine months nonstop or even an entire year?

Going from the inside of a bus that you sleep on, eat on, read on, watch tv on, get incredibly bored on,... to the insides of venues where you barely even know where you are, but backstage of another theater maybe for the 198th time.............. Its brutal.

And lonely........

I love that Carrie has such amazing and successful tours, but part of me always feels for her. ITs a tough and committed life. Tired or not, sad or not, lonely or not, sick or not, you go out there and give the show of your life everytime!........ and then go back to your bus.........

Ha ha ha..... I just have a lot of respect for her willingness to do it.
    I would love if she ended up doing one of these "Shania/Elton/Celine...type gigs" Where she is in vegas for 6 months and does not have to live on a bus.

(everytime she announces her next tour, part of me dreads it, and I am not even the one doing it, ha ha ha)
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I would love to go to this. Love David Nail and love Carrie, as well as some of the others. But I don't think a Tuesday night is going to work out for me since I would have to miss work.

Concert Stars
    I am so happy about this! Carrie has never participated in this annual benefit show before- and it is an important one. As Faraway once said- it is good for carrie to get more actively involved in core country groups and events etc- beyond just the Opry. The Hall of Fame is a big one. Very happy to see what she performs!

nice lineup too!
    rainbow1 and Farawayhills like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    This gives an indication of the format they use:

"Each act will perform a song they've written or recorded, or a classic, introducing the song with a story about what it means to them."

This, of course, gives Carrie an opportunity to pick her songs and to talk a little about what inspired her to write or choose it - if we get a chance to see a video, her comments should be interesting.

They hold these benefits for the Hall of Fame in various cities. At the Los Angeles one, which celebrated Country Music's deep links to California, Vince Gill picked the Buck Owens classic "Together Again", and was joined by Emmylou (who made that song her own, and almost a signature tune). Ann & Nancy Wilson, of Heart, performed the Dillard and Clark classic "Through the Morning, Through the Night" (I'd love to have sen a video of that!). All told, each headline performer seemed to do about four songs, sometimes helping each other out - so Carrie would have scope to pick about that number that had a special meaning for her.

I would have loved Carrie to have joined the LA line-up, with Emmylou and Heart - but Nashville is probably more important for her career. I'd like to see a duet between Carrie and Lee Ann Womack - and performing with Buddy Miller would be a dream come true!
    rainbow1, lizcarlo and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ OMG I would love to see Carrie perform with Leann Womack! She has such a lovely tone and genuine style. Tx for the additional info! I wonder what Carrie will perform? TBC has a good story for sure, and she wrote it. lol

Keith Urban put up some info on his site too, but it pretty much mirrors what you just said.

We?re All For The Hall May 6, 2014 ~ Keith Urban
    rainbow1 likes this.

Congrats for Carrie. It sounds fun.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Awesome news. No doubt Carrie will put on another fantastic performance.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie Underwood and David Nail. It's happening!! (jk)
    Curr likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ OMG I would love to see Carrie perform with Leann Womack! She has such a lovely tone and genuine style. Tx for the additional info! I wonder what Carrie will perform? TBC has a good story for sure, and she wrote it. lol

Keith Urban put up some info on his site too, but it pretty much mirrors what you just said.

We?re All For The Hall May 6, 2014 ~ Keith Urban
    TBC has a good story, but I immediately thought of TH. Each time she performs it in concert she talks about how much it means to her, how Mike suggested it, wrote it after reading Purpose Driven Life, etc., etc. AAG is another possibility. However, MS seems to be the most special to her. Fun to speculate -- she'll probably surprise us with one we would never expect.
    Last edited by txacar; 03-26-2014 at 06:15 PM.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ true. She might do an acoustic performance if TH or SS like at the CMA songwriters gig.

i really hope she does Wine After a whiskey instead though. It is perfect for this setting.

also- i hope we get a Kacey/carrie picture.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Personally, I would love hear Lessons Learned, amazing lyrics!!

•