• 1 Post By lizcarlo
  • 1 Post By sosmallgirl
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 3 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: Carrie Underwood Talks About How Distance Makes Her Marriage Stronger

Carrie Underwood Talks About How Distance Makes Her Marriage Stronger

Carrie Underwood Talks About How Distance Makes Her Marriage Stronger

Almay says one of the reasons they chose you to be their spokesperson is because you’re so relatable. Why do you think you’re relatable?I think people have picked up on the fact that I'm normal. Country music is all about being relatable and singing about real life situations. People trust me, and these products are things that I would actually use. That's important to me. I would never put my name on something and be a part of a brand if I wouldn't use it myself — and I think people get that.Despite describing yourself as "normal," do you consider yourself sexy?

I mainly like to feel pretty. But mainly it really is ‘what do I want to be today?’ I feel like there's so much out there with fashion and hair and makeup. You can just decide "how do I feel?*Speaking of sexy, how do you and your husband, hockey player Mike Fisher, keep the spark going with such crazy schedules?

That's part of what makes our marriage awesome. I don't want somebody there all the time.*No matter what, it would just wear on me and I'm sure I would wear on whoever I was with. I really enjoy missing him. I love our time together but I enjoy our time apart too. We definitely talk to each other every single day when we're apart, but sometimes it's just to make sure "OK, you're home, did you have a good day?"

Do you have any fun Valentine’s Day plans?I've always pretty much despised Valentine’s Day to be honest, because when I was younger and in college and stuff I never had anyone to celebrate with, I never had a boyfriend on Valentine’s Day. So I always was one of those "I hate Valentine’s Day" kind of people. But that's actually the Olympic break for my husband so we’re going to be taking off and going on a little vacation.

And what about your friends, are your friendships really important to you?

They are. I always considered myself someone who never really had that many girlfriends. l always had more guy friends in high school. Then I got to college and joined a sorority of girls that always had more guy friends, so I was with a lot of people that were like me. I have some really dynamic girlfriends which I think is really wonderful. We’re all opinionated but respectful and we talk about everything. And we love and respect and listen to each other.What do you and your friends like to do?Occasionally we go karaoke. But we'll go to a dive karaoke place, you know, a sticky tables and fried pickles kind of place, and have fun and be stupid. We have the most random parties where no one's been drinking, but we probably all appear very intoxicated to anyone that didn't know any better because we have so much fun and dance and act silly and dress silly.*What’s your favorite red carpet look?

I'm definitely an eye shadow kind of girl because that's the easiest thing to play up to me, your eyes. And I love shimmery things. We like to keep things pretty on the carpet because so many of the*dresses*I end up picking are things that I feel pretty in. I want my makeup and my hair to match. *What do you look like when you’re off the red carpet?I'm definitely 'done' even if I do stick to, like, CC Cream and go a little more simple on my face, I definitely have*mascara*and*eyeliner*[on]. When I walk in front of a mirror, I just feel better about myself than if I just did nothing.So, we’re never going to see you in a "stars without makeup" picture?

Actually, I have seen one of those before, but I was going to the gym! Who wears makeup to the gym? That's not even fair! I'm just going to sweat it off anyway.And talk about doing it yourself, you do your own makeup on tour, how come?*It's such a quiet time for me when I'm on the bus and everyone else is getting things ready for the show. I turn on the radio and just get ready. It's all about my mood. You can tell exactly how I'm feeling by what I'm listening to that day.What are some of your favorite products from Almay?I love the Smart Shade CC Cream and Color + Care Liquid Lip Balms. I go for natural colors usually, but Almay makes it OK to go for things that are a little more bold. **What’s the '90s beauty trend you most regret trying when you were younger?I tweezed my*eyebrows*as so many women did, and I had no guidance. They never grew back the way they should have grown back. That's a thing I deal with on a daily basis*—*trying to draw my eyebrows back in from what I did in like junior high. It's not fair

Carrie Underwood - Almay Makeup - Cosmopolitan

Thanks for posting. Carrie really is the best.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower sosmallgirl's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great article! Exactly what we needed after that stupid rumour about her and Mike.
    liz278 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Nice article,thanks

She is just too normal,lol
    liz278 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Loved the article, thank you! I'd love to be a little mouse at that karaoke!!
    liz278, Farawayhills and Inspired like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Wonder where they are going on vacation?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ some place warm?

Concert Stars
    so glad she is going to go on vacation! hope it is somewhere warm!
    rainbow1 likes this.

•