Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1190Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Is the New Face of Almay: Get an Exclusive Sneak Peek at Her Campaig

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Is the New Face of Almay: Get an Exclusive Sneak Peek at Her Campaig

Carrie Underwood Almay Campaign, Carrie Underwood beauty ? Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Flawless complexion. Sparkling smile. And she knows her way around a makeup case. It’s no surprise Carrie Underwood has just been named Almay’s latest brand ambassador. And we have some exclusive behind-the-scenes shots from her new campaign.
    The singer joins Almay vet Kate Hudson as the latest face of the cosmetics giant, and she tells us she jumped at the opportunity to work with a brand about which she feels passionate.
    “I believe that every woman is amazing and unique in her own way. So to me, the role of a makeup brand should be to inspire and help women enhance themselves and have fun with makeup, not transform them into something they’re not,” Underwood tells PEOPLE. “That’s why I’m so excited to become an Almay Global Brand Ambassador. Not only do they share my perspective on authentic beauty, but they also have amazing products that are fun, versatile and easy to use.”

She adds: “There’s really something for everyone and every occasion — whether you want to get that perfect ‘no-makeup makeup look’ or create a fun, amped-up date night smoky eye.” And she would know. Underwood has said she loves to do her own makeup both on and off stage. “I will go into a makeup store and walk out and not even know what happened, carrying this giant bag of stuff,” she told PEOPLE in 2012.

Courtesy Almay
    In the new photos, Underwood looks glowy and radiant, wearing a cozy pale-pink sweater and white jeans as she curls up fireside. Her beauty look is equally effortless, with a subtle allover bronze glow and glossy nude lip.
    “Carrie embraces Almay’s approach to beauty and products. Despite her enormous success, she is still a real girl from Oklahoma at the core and a self-professed makeup junkie who likes to try out new makeup looks in her spare time,” Julia Goldin, the global chief marketing officer of Revlon, Inc., said in a statement. “Almay makes it easy to play with makeup and helps women look their most beautiful, which is why we could not be more excited for her to join the brand.”
    For more behind-the-scenes footage from Underwood’s campaign, check out Almay.com and the brand’s social media platforms on Instagram and Facebook. What do you think of her new role?

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Yay.Another great opportunity for Carrie.
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Awesome news!!! Jen Aniston did this right? And Kate Hudson? Great gig for Carrie! Awesome new endorsement for the new year!!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Ty
    E! is going to be airing BTS footage tonight.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    press release - Almay Names Carrie Underwood as a Global Brand Ambassador | Business Wire

Revlon, Inc. (NYSE:REV) announced today that Carrie Underwood is joining Almay as a Global Brand Ambassador. Multi-platinum recording artist and performer Underwood is one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry with 18 #1 hit singles, six Grammys and countless award wins. However, she is known as much for her values and accessibility as she is for her accomplishments. Like Almay, she believes in enhancing women’s natural beauty and appreciates that all of the products are made with the highest quality standards making them suitable for women with sensitive skin and eyes.

Underwood will represent the full range of Almay products, including the newest 2014 launches. As the face and voice of Almay, she will appear in global, multimedia campaigns spanning television, print, in-store, digital and social platforms. Underwood’s first campaign will break this week, highlighting her unique style and personality.

“Carrie embraces Almay’s approach to beauty and products. Despite her enormous success, she is still a real girl from Oklahoma at the core and a self-professed makeup junkie who likes to try out new makeup looks in her spare time. Almay makes it easy to play with makeup and helps women look their most beautiful which is why we could not be more excited for her to join the brand,” said Julia Goldin, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Revlon, Inc.

Underwood stated, “Honestly, I could never be associated with a Company I didn’t believe in. I love Almay’s positive approach to beauty because it’s so important to celebrate our natural beauty and enhance what makes us unique. I’m also really impressed by their products, which I use in my daily life and when I’m working. There’s really something for everyone and every occasion – whether you want to get that perfect ‘no-makeup makeup look’ or create a fun, amped up ‘date-night’ smoky eye.”

Exclusive behind-the-scenes content from Underwood’s campaigns will be available on Almay.com and Almay’s social media channels throughout Underwood’s partnership with Almay.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    I lay 10 to 1 odds that Almay saw the SOML ratings and said we want her.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ idk that's only a 6 week turn around to get the campaign ready , not much time
    maybe they saw all the buzz around her Emmy performance :-)

new facebook banner

Concert Stars
    ^ haha cary I was thinking the same thing! If nothing else- som
    should get carrie new endorsements! And it did! ( smile)

hope ow we get commercials like Kate Hudson and Jen Aniston had. It will be great buzz to help launch her new album etc. when it drops. I can see ads during the cmas amas & acas this fall, and maybe at next year's Grammys.

i am actually shocked NBC did not tap Carrie for the Olympics to be honest. Danielle Bradbury is so new. But I guess universal is with NBC right? Not Sony? Or am I confused?

Concert Stars
    Ps- Carrie's skin and face was so flawless and young/natural looking during SOM that perhaps Almay saw that and snapped her up. I recall thinking how great carrie looked without a that makeup- how natural her skin looked.

Concert Stars
    What a great opportunity for both brands.

I hope we see alot of her.

Maybe on AI during commerical breaks.

Unfortunately, I don't watch alot of network TV so it makes it hard to see her adds sometimes.
    So I hope for "full saturation" ha ha ha.....
    oldyfan likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Another great opportunity for Carrie!

Ty

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ idk that's only a 6 week turn around to get the campaign ready , not much time
    maybe they saw all the buzz around her Emmy performance :-)
    I agree, 6 week turn around isn't much time and I would think that adding in contract negotiations would also be time consuming. Carrie would also want time to try out all the products : ) and figure out if the company fits with her values. Also "U.S." abassador would be more appropriate when considering the SOML ratings but they named her "Global" ambassador so they must have really had to think about offering her that one.

So does Carrie not use Olay anymore?

Anyway, I'm just stoked for new Carrie news. lol.

Ty
    Olay contracted ended in 2012.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Eder Rodrigues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I agree, 6 week turn around isn't much time and I would think that adding in contract negotiations would also be time consuming. Carrie would also want time to try out all the products : ) and figure out if the company fits with her values. Also "U.S." abassador would be more appropriate when considering the SOML ratings but they named her "Global" ambassador so they must have really had to think about offering her that one.

So does Carrie not use Olay anymore?

Anyway, I'm just stoked for new Carrie news. lol.
    Well, for Olay she promote makeup cleaners, right? This time she will promote makeup produts. I don't see a problem
    Besides, her contract with Olay ended in nov 2012.
    opry051008 and oldyfan like this.

mbh
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    E! is going to be airing BTS footage tonight.

Carrie is SO GORGEOUS and with INDESCRIBABLE BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! EXTRAORDINARY SMOOTH skin in the face, too!!!!!!!
    glenn7 and oldyfan like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Eder Rodrigues View Post
    Well, for Olay she promote makeup cleaners, right? This time she will promote makeup produts. I don't see a problem
    Besides, her contract with Olay ended in nov 2012.
    What an amazing news. I notice her hand. Is this the hand that has the engagement ring? Or is it the other hand? If it is this hand, I notice the ring is not in her finger.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
    What an amazing news. I notice her hand. Is this the hand that has the engagement ring? Or is it the other hand? If it is this hand, I notice the ring is not in her finger.
    She has a separate wedding band too. She doesn't always wear the huge engagement ring.
    carrieguy2 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Well hopefully they'll use her more than Olay did. We hardly saw any print ads or commercials. Of course come to think of it I guess I don't currently see that many Almay ads either. Oh well, I think this new gig is way cool and I'm happy for Carrie.
    oldyfan and carrieguy2 like this.

Concert Stars
    Exciting news! I'm feeling rather pleased with myself today! lol I use both Olay products as well as a couple of Almay products daily! Carrie sure looks amazing in all of the photos for the campaign!
    carrieguy2 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast