Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Is the New Face of Almay: Get an Exclusive Sneak Peek at Her Campaig

Carrie is so beautiful. When she does natural she looks so young.

Concert Stars
    Did anyone see the bit on Enews. It was short and sweet, but they cut off one of her sentences....she was saying, "it was very complicated". Made me so curious what she was talking about...it was in answer to some question.
    opry051008 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    I am taping the late version right now. I missed E! News earlier.
    rainbow1, Gator and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Did anyone catch the Grammy's commercial just before Carrie's part? It shows a pic of Carrie from last year's Grammy's, and across her picture reads (in large print): Simply Irresistible

Agree! :-)

Btw: I'd a capped it had I known how! It was so perfect!

Concert Stars
    Wait what grammy commercial? I haven't seen
    carrie in any of the commercials.

Concert Stars
    ^^ It came on Enews right before Carrie's part. It showed snippets from last year's Grammy's. They showed TS talking to Ryan (I believe), some other shots, and then Carrie. It was priceless.

Edit: Sorry I deleted it, so I can't give more detail.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Did anyone catch the Grammy's commercial just before Carrie's part? It shows a pic of Carrie from last year's Grammy's, and across her picture reads (in large print): Simply Irresistible

Agree! :-)

Btw: I'd a capped it had I known how! It was so perfect!
    I saw that! It was so perfect!

cap

Concert Stars
    Wow, great shot!!

Concert Stars
    It looks as if she is set to make no less money this year than last!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    And note this could be a long term gig. Kate Hudson has been one of there global ambassadors for nearly 4 years.

Concert Stars
    The Huffington report on this, said that Kate...reportedly...made 3 Million a year.

Concert Stars
    This is wonderful news. Great for Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Sweet! Cash in that cha-Ching carrie!

sco
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Sweet! Cash in that cha-Ching carrie!
    More power to her for banking the cash while she has the opportunity. I suspect however that for her it is more about PR, exposure, and name recognition. Let's face it, she undoubtedly already has more money than she will reasonably spend in a lifetime, especially considering that she and Mike don't lead an extravagant lifestyle.
    teesharky and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Finally saw a commercial with Carrie for Almay and she looks beautiful.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I saw that! It was so perfect!

cap

Thanks, Donna! It is so perfect and so true! Love it! :-)

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    More power to her for banking the cash while she has the opportunity. I suspect however that for her it is more about PR, exposure, and name recognition. Let's face it, she undoubtedly already has more money than she will reasonably spend in a lifetime, especially considering that she and Mike don't lead an extravagant lifestyle.
    Totally agree.
    I think it becomes interesting at this pont in a persons career who has as much as she has to see what kind of choices they make and why.

We see lots of examples of people in the entertainment industry making money to make money. Having very little to do with artistry or career longevity.

Than we see those who really do define themselves by the output of work, and seem to realize that the work will one day define them and not the amount of money they have. And that work, those decissions they make, often affect the amount of money they have in the longrun, ironically.

Now I have heard it said by high paid artists and athletes that demanding high amounts is a means of keeping them "important and viable". And there is truth in that. "If I can get Ben A. cheap, when I am not going to pay him much and he becomes not worth much". ITs kind of a viscious cycle.

But as far as I can tell, Carrie still seems to be set on making her career about the work and the impact that her celebrity has on the world around her. That is a huge sign of character. Clearly she is in a position at this moment to do tremdous things in the "money making" aspects of celebrity.
    But she seems committed to focusing on having a healthy, active, productive, respected career, rather than cashing in now and suffering for it later.

Example; I saw Duck Dynasty stockings on sale for christmas in chamaflage design with the faces cheaply spray painted on the front. Now clearly this is not an item that is intended to last or be of interest even a month after the "expiration date". So what does it say about the person who agreed to have their face on it?
    It says in a subconcious way that this is temporary and I am temporary and I better get the money while I can cause there is a very short period of time that the public will buy a chamaflage stocking with a Robinson poorly sprayed on the face of it!!

Now I understand capitalism and I am not agaist it. But if you are someone as talented and potencially game changing as Carrie Underwood, you have the blessed opportunity to play smart and "create" an image that appears to be of quality and taste.
    And that is how you remain viable in the marketplace for a long time.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Totally agree.
    I think it becomes interesting at this pont in a persons career who has as much as she has to see what kind of choices they make and why.

We see lots of examples of people in the entertainment industry making money to make money. Having very little to do with artistry or career longevity.

Than we see those who really do define themselves by the output of work, and seem to realize that the work will one day define them and not the amount of money they have. And that work, those decissions they make, often affect the amount of money they have in the longrun, ironically.

Now I have heard it said by high paid artists and athletes that demanding high amounts is a means of keeping them "important and viable". And there is truth in that. "If I can get Ben A. cheap, when I am not going to pay him much and he becomes not worth much". ITs kind of a viscious cycle.

But as far as I can tell, Carrie still seems to be set on making her career about the work and the impact that her celebrity has on the world around her. That is a huge sign of character. Clearly she is in a position at this moment to do tremdous things in the "money making" aspects of celebrity.
    But she seems committed to focusing on having a healthy, active, productive, respected career, rather than cashing in now and suffering for it later.

Example; I saw Duck Dynasty stockings on sale for christmas in chamaflage design with the faces cheaply spray painted on the front. Now clearly this is not an item that is intended to last or be of interest even a month after the "expiration date". So what does it say about the person who agreed to have their face on it?
    It says in a subconcious way that this is temporary and I am temporary and I better get the money while I can cause there is a very short period of time that the public will buy a chamaflage stocking with a Robinson poorly sprayed on the face of it!!

Now I understand capitalism and I am not agaist it. But if you are someone as talented and potencially game changing as Carrie Underwood, you have the blessed opportunity to play smart and "create" an image that appears to be of quality and taste.
    And that is how you remain viable in the marketplace for a long time.
    Yes, this is what I was getting at in the other thread about Carrie not needing to do SOML. At this point in her career, financially she and Mike could retire and go and have a family and just enjoy life. What she does from this point forward in her career is because she enjoys doing it (whether it is recording, touring, acting or charity work) and it can be about the art rather than the paycheck.

I'm glad to hear Carrie is with Almay. They do not test on animals. I was very disappointed to hear she had done commercials for Olay, being that she is a vegan and Olay tests on animals. I don't know if she just didn't do her research on that, but promoting a product that causes harm to animals and also being one of the leading celebrity vegans...it doesn't look good.

•  
    Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast