• 3 Post By carriefan0825
  • 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 7 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 1 Post By rainbow1
  • 1 Post By kewlie78189

Thread: 13 in 2013: Nashville’s year in music

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

13 in 2013: Nashville’s year in music

I find it interesting that Carrie and Brad are linked even in this. They take risks. They risk criticism (though I doubt either expected the magnitude of that criticism). And they handled it with class.

13 in 2013: Nashville's year in music | Music | The Tennessean

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood

We are designating Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood as the lump takers of 2013. As the long-running hosts of the CMA Awards, the pair is used to seeing their names together in print. What they are not accustomed to are cheating rumors, which Paisley’s wife, actress Kimberly Williams-Paisley, was confronted with and laughed off on a red carpet this year.

Separately, Paisley and Underwood were poked and picked on for creative choices they made this year. Paisley was in headlines for several days in April when his song “Accidental Racist” leaked ahead of his album release.

And though Underwood starred in the widely watched live television adaption of “The Sound of Music,” she became a proverbial punching bag for people who insisted on comparing her live performance to Julie Andrews’ recorded version.

Both stars handled the bruises with aplomb. Paisley said it was a “find out who your friends are time” and that it “was a real learning experience.” After the public scrutiny of her performance, Underwood tweeted: “Plain and simple: Mean people need Jesus. They will be in my prayers tonight... 1 Peter 2:1-25.”

Insane Carrie Fan carriefan0825's Avatar
    very proud of them both! they have such grace in the way they handle things that go their way, which is great for their friendship too.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I do believe this is why they have such a great respect for each other - they handle adversity the same and have the same values - plus we've seen time after time they can count on each other having their backs when needed - I love their friendship and I bet their spouses love that they have such a great friend in that wicked business they are in. Love that positive accurate post and thank you for that!!!!
    oldyfan and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie and Brad are two of the classiest, most talented people in Nashville.

I have so much respect for Brad for handling the "Accidental Racist" incident the way he did, and never backing down. He didn't push the issue under the rug, as he so easily could have.

Carrie always handles herself with grace; I love the way she responded to her haters. Sending them a clear message, but one that only promotes love and acceptance of others.

Brad and Carrie are two great people; Nashville is lucky to call them their own.

Concert Stars
    I like how simply she summed up the criticism...."comparing her live performance to Julie Andrews recorded one"!!
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    proud of them both!
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Kudos also to Kimberly for the way she handled the cheating rumors in the press. I'm so glad that Brad and Carrie nipped that in the bud right away. I really didn't like seeing those paps shouting at her to respond to rumours about her cheating on her husband.

•