Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Live ‘Sound of Music’ Added 3 Million Delayed Viewers

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Live ‘Sound of Music’ Added 3 Million Delayed Viewers

NBC needs no further information to reinforce its intention to produce additional live Broadway musicals after the ratings success of last week’s Carrie Underwood version of “The Sound of Music,” but the first figures for delayed viewing should only enhance NBC’s ambitions.

In the first three days of delayed viewing, “The Sound of Music” added close to three million viewers, raising the total to 21.3 million. It also added another full rating point among the prime group for most advertisers, viewers between the ages of 18 and 49.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/11/bu...wers.html?_r=0

Concert Stars
    I hope that NBC doesn't think the ratings will be the same next year. I am sure that they will be good, I just don't think that they will be close to 18 - 21 million. It will depend on what the show is and who they get to star in it.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Hopefully Carrie will be in the next one
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ hope not to be honest. The hate is too much to take. Let her do a no offensive romantic comedy next or a horror film. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ hope not to be honest. The hate is too much to take. Let her do a no offensive romantic comedy next or a horror film. Lol
    Hope that's a joke! ha! No horror films! They're cheap and where celebrities go to desperately get a gig!

A romcom could be okay. I think a brief Broadway stint or a serious drama film would be best. Have Carrie show her pure class, talent, and depth.
    jaylee50 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    3 million more, that would be the amount another show would love to get. "We got 3 million people to view our show, drink up everyone"!! He he
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I would like to see Carrie do a romantic comedy (like Jennifer Aniston's movie) with Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymor.
    Also how about a cameo role in "Walking Dead". Carrie loves this show.
    She needs to do more show or movies that shows acting. This will fascinate theose haters. It shows they cannot put her down. She will rise in the occassion. That is what we want our young generation to emulate.
    As the saying goes: Do not give permission to anyone to dampen your spirit. If you do, they won. Keep the spirit alive and the motivation to imporve and succeed.

Carrie is already a success. When one reach success, the person becomes the target of envy and jealousy. Haters ( not those giving constructive criticism) are venom. They could be contagious. Do not let the virus attacked our immune system.

Love Carrie. She will rise above them.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
    I would like to see Carrie do a romantic comedy (like Jennifer Aniston's movie) with Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymor.
    Also how about a cameo role in "Walking Dead". Carrie loves this show.
    She needs to do more show or movies that shows acting. This will fascinate theose haters. It shows they cannot put her down. She will rise in the occassion. That is what we want our young generation to emulate.
    As the saying goes: Do not give permission to anyone to dampen your spirit. If you do, they won. Keep the spirit alive and the motivation to imporve and succeed.

Carrie is already a success. When one reach success, the person becomes the target of envy and jealousy. Haters ( not those giving constructive criticism) are venom. They could be contagious. Do not let the virus attacked our immune system.

Love Carrie. She will rise above them.
    Exactly what I expected from Wonder Woman. You go girl.
    rainbow1, Mirasa45A and gwade82 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower

There's STAR Power and then there's star power.

Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    Exactly what I expected from Wonder Woman. You go girl.

To show the impact of Carrie's STAR Power (which NBC was aware of), SOM drew over 21 million viewers after the numbers were adjusted. The Grammy Nominations on Friday (with Taylor Swift) drew only a little over 5 mil and The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (with Taylor again)garnered a 3.4 share (9.1 mil viewers) down 6 percent from a 3.6 for last year’s show on December 4, 2012.

No matter what the haters and naysayers think about Carrie's performance, she made TV history and she will get past the ignorance of those who have nothing good to say.

Concert Stars
    Makes you wonder if she'll sing a SOM song at the Opry. Why not.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    My dream guest star appearance would be as Penny's wacky, but brilliant cousin, from OK who is as smart as Sheldon on TBBT. Or an appearance on the Walking Dead -- zombie Carrie...the mind boggles.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool more people are watching it probably it the people that had negative comments even before the live show started
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl64 View Post
    To show the impact of Carrie's STAR Power (which NBC was aware of), SOM drew over 21 million viewers after the numbers were adjusted. The Grammy Nominations on Friday (with Taylor Swift) drew only a little over 5 mil and The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (with Taylor again)garnered a 3.4 share (9.1 mil viewers) down 6 percent from a 3.6 for last year’s show on December 4, 2012.

No matter what the haters and naysayers think about Carrie's performance, she made TV history and she will get past the ignorance of those who have nothing good to say.
    I wondered about taylors ratings for Victoria Secret. I did think it was an odd pairing. And the result was a bit strange watching her strut around "singing at the models" while they were busy dioing their job.

It was just not a great fit. But not a big deal.

Wow that's very good. Congrats for everybody.
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

I agree. I'd rather have someone else do the next one and then when there are mistakes made in the live show and the numbers come back at like 10 mil they can come back to Carrie for the third one and watch as the ratings go back up to 20 mil.. Then and only then will people realize why the ratings were as high as they were.
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wonder what last nights numbers were? Or all the others stars specials? Carrie is a force! A Few haters will hate, but Carrie's star just keeps shining brighter.

edit: just saw that Cary posted the #'s from last night..

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    Wonder what last nights numbers were? Or all the others stars specials? Carrie is a force! A Few haters will hate, but Carrie's star just keeps shining brighter.
    TV Ratings Tuesday: ?Marvel?s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Hits Low, ?The Goldbergs? Up, ?Victoria?s Secret Fashion Show? Down But Wins Night, ?The Voice? Falls - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
    Mirasa45A, oldyfan, Gator and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Her power is unparalleled
    glenn7, oldyfan, Mirasa45A and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    wow that is pretty amazing!
    oldyfan likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    I dont know why we keep going around in circles here. Its like we havent learned anything from this past week. What we should have learned is that until and if Carrie gets better at acting, why dont we just give it a break. Even watching people like Rob Lowe and Mario Lopez who didnt bash Carrie said that the acting just wasnt very good. I dont know, maybe Carrie didnt see Soul Surfer or has too many "Yes" people telling her she is good. And still here we want her to do movies with Jennifer Anniston. Going to work out and put on my Carrie Underwood CD because she is one of the best singers around. I said singers.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast