Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: 2013 ACA Nominees Announced!

2013 ACA Nominees Announced!

2013 ACA Nominees Announced!

The 2013 American Country Awards nominees (aka the ACAs) have been announced, and it’s Taylor Swift who is leading the charge and reigning supreme with a whopping eight nominations this year.
    Nipping at her heels are Florida Georgia Line and Blake Shelton, who nabbed seven nods a piece. Swift, the FGL boys and Shelton all had huge years, so it’s no surprise that they pulled in so many nominations.

However, the competition is fierce across all categories.

Mark your calendar so you can remember to watch the show. But more importantly, start voting, since the winners are determined by you. As of Tuesday (Oct. 29), fans are permitted to vote once per day in all categories. Vote here.

Voting is open until Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 11:59 PM PT for all categories, except for Artist of the Year. That category has a longer voting period and will wrap on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 11:59 PM PT. Nominees are determined by media measuring, based on radio airplay and video stats, as well as touring data.

2013 ACAs will air live from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas on Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8PM ET on FOX. Trace Adkins will host alongside NASCAR’s Danica Patrick.

Carrie have 4 nominations:

Artist of the Year: Female
    Single of the Year: Female - Two Black Cadillacs
    Touring Artist of the Year
    Music Video of the Year: Female - Blown Away

2013 American Country Awards Nominees Announced
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Ugh what a joke. Swsrn with8 noms andnot even country-- and Carrie snubbed for Artist of the year again. Really tired of every award show snubbing Carrie for the top honor.

Concert Stars
    No Offense, but the ACA's are a joke....I wish this award show did not exist but the silver lining is that Carrie was the 1st winner!!!

Agree! What is wrong with these people!?? poor Carrie!

I love see Two Black Cadillacs nominated for something!

I already voted in all Carrie categories!

We have to win Touring Artist Of The Year for Carrie guys!!

Concert Stars
    Voted for Carrie in all my email addresses.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Congrats to Carrie, hope she'll get "Touring Artist Of The Year" award, 'cause The Blown Away Tour is just phenomenal. I am just disappointed by the fact that Carrie isn't nominated for GAC - Music Video of The Year for SYA, whereas Taylor got a nomination...
    In fact, the categories would be perfect if Taylor Swift wasn't nominated. She was may be a country artist once but her last record is clearly pop and, of what I've read, she won't return to a country music genre any time soon...
    What is bothering me is that the only song of her that get nominations is "Begin Again" 'cause it is the only song that could be linked to country music.
    Yet this song was the 2nd single from RED and she released another single after that, "22" but because the song is not country (and people who create the categories know it), the song could not be nominated (for good reasons!).
    People want to ignore the fact that Taylor is not country anymore but they purposely nominate the only song that could enter in the country music genre, just because it's Taylor Swift and that she is successful and that, probably, it is good for country music genre to be linked to her.
    I just think that it is not right, plus other country artists and songs could've been nominated and would have deserved it but unfortunately, the nominations went to Taylor...
    Same thing for Kelly Clarkson, no matter how much I love her, she is not country yet so to me her nomination would be good only when she will actually release a country album... (hope that will arrive very soon! )

Ban Hammered
    Don't worry about Taylor and these awards. She's never even gone to these awards and isn't interested in them whatsoever. Same will be this year. Just ignore the fact that she is nominated. She won't be attending, won't be asking her fans for votes for these and she doesn't care about this award. Finally a country award show that will be Taylor free. Even though they have her as the leading nominee! That's not really her problem that they nominated her.

BTW, she is more then just "pop". Pop artists don't sell 1.2 million albums in one week. Just look at the numbers of Katy Perry 287K, Miley Cyrus 275K, etc. She is a country/pop artist. if she wasn't no way would she move albums in one week like she does! Look at Luke Bryan's numbers 500K, Jason Aldean over 400K so that proves that she does have some country as well as pop sales there to trump them all!

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I don't give a damn about the ACAs tbh.They're rigged anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by interestingread View Post
    Don't worry about Taylor and these awards. She's never even gone to these awards and isn't interested in them whatsoever. Same will be this year. Just ignore the fact that she is nominated. She won't be attending, won't be asking her fans for votes for these and she doesn't care about this award. Finally a country award show that will be Taylor free. Even though they have her as the leading nominee! That's not really her problem that they nominated her.

BTW, she is more then just "pop". Pop artists don't sell 1.2 million albums in one week. Just look at the numbers of Katy Perry 287K, Miley Cyrus 275K, etc. She is a country/pop artist. if she wasn't no way would she move albums in one week like she does! Look at Luke Bryan's numbers 500K, Jason Aldean over 400K so that proves that she does have some country as well as pop sales there to trump them all!
    OMG! You are so right!!! Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

I didnt realize Justin Timberlake was country his album sold over 900k copies in the first week and adele 21 sold over 10 million total so I guess she is country also. And willie Nelson, scotty mccreery, kellie pickler, brad Paisley, lauren alaina, carrie underwood, etc.etc are all pop artists because their latest album sold less than 300k copies in the first week (sarcasm)
    simonplay likes this.

Concert Stars

Now this is one of your more puzzling posts. I am not sure how to take it.
    Do you really believe Taylor is not going to go?? I mean I would love that. It would be the most honest thing she could do. Which is why of course I think she will go. You can't dangle that many opportnities to look shocked and amazing by how much the entire Planet adores her, and not show up!

Oh no! She will be there, remember the big change with Universal Sony, Taylor is practically Idols step child now!! You should know that as an ubber fan.

Carrie has been tremendously awarded by this made up bunch of nonsense so it hardly matters to me how it goes either way. I kind of hope it becomes the Taylor show, and Carrie stays home.

As for Taylor not being only pop. I don't even understand what you are saying. so she is not a pop artist? Or she is.......

I'm confused!

Concert Stars
    I don't know why people are getting so upset or angry. She hasn't won at these awards since it started in 2010. So what makes you think she will win anything this time around? Her fans don't care about this award show, they put all their energy into the American Music Awards and some overseas awards that she gets nominated for and voting for the People's Choice Awards. This award is just a blip on their radar and don't care about it that much.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    No Offense, but the ACA's are a joke....I wish this award show did not exist but the silver lining is that Carrie was the 1st winner!!!
    The one and only good thing about this train wreck of an "awards show" is that it gives the people who usually don't get the chance to play at the ACM or CMA Awards a chance to play at an "awards show" other than that it's nothing more than a ratings grab for Fox and to get hits on the website.

Concert Stars
    Carrie's above awards at this point - like Reba, she has transcended into the status where you don't need awards anymore for people to know who you are or to buy your music- awards are really for those that need the publicity to keep their careers going . Carrie is just too talented, she keeps climbing and soaring, she's got millions of fans who love her music and she will sing on forever

Concert Stars
    Well as the Star of another major nationally televised musical event, yes, I would say she is too big for at least this hot mess!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Let's quit the complaning and get on with the voting! If we can get carrie an award, chances are she'll be there to accept it! She flown in just for this show last year. Come on come on!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Carrie is getting the opportunity to play an iconic role live 5 days before this meaningless awards show airs. That is something no other country singer or any other singer from any genre can claim. Why are we concerning ourselves with this meaningless awards show?

Concert Stars

If you're gonna make claims, at least do youre research

List of fastest-selling albums worldwide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to United States. The top 10 best first-week sales for albums are all by pop/mainstream artists.

Congrats, Carrie, on your ACA noms! X)
    rainbow1, Burst, liveasong and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars

One day, she will stop going to country award shows!

Slowly, but surely. XOX.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast