• 1 Post By simonplay
  • 5 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 5 Post By countryfan2006
  • 4 Post By simonplay
  • 2 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 5 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By jptexas

Thread: Will Carrie Underwood's 'Sound of Music' live event win over Globe, SAG voters?

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar

Will Carrie Underwood's 'Sound of Music' live event win over Globe, SAG voters?

By Chris Beachum Oct 22 2013 05:45 am

Will the "hills come alive" for Carrie Underwood during the upcoming awards season?

Gold Derby has exclusively confirmed with NBC that their live musical event "The Sound of Music" starring the country superstar will contend as a telefilm at the the Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild awards.

Past Oscar champs and current Oscarcast producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan ("Chicago") are overseeing this three-hour extravaganza which will air live on the peacock net on Dec. 5, just four days before Globe and SAG nomination ballots are due. SAG noms are announced on Dec. 11 and Globes the next day.

This classic tuner tells the story of novice nun Maria Von Trapp (Underwood) who falls in love with Captain von Trapp (Stephen Moyer) while caring for his seven children in Nazi-occupied Austria. Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein wrote the well-known score which includes the title song, "My Favorite Things," "Do-Re-Mi," "Sixteen Going on Seventeen," "Climb Every Mountain," and "Edelweiss."

The original Broadway show won five Tony Awards in 1959, including Best Musical and Actress (Mary Martin). The blockbuster 1965 film version won five Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director (Robert Wise). Julie Andrews was nominated for Best Actress while Peggy Wood, as the Reverend Mother, reaped a Supporting Actress bid.

This production will be the first live network television broadcast of a Broadway show since 1957's "Cinderella" on CBS, which also starred Andrews. Like that one, there will be no audience in the large New York City complex where the production will take place. It will feature a cast of 61 performers including Tony champs Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle, and a 40-piece orchestra.

Will "The Sound of Music" reap a Globe bid for Best TV Movie/Miniseries? Vote below using our easy drag-and-drop menu.

Awesome!!! I have a good feeling about this! I think the SOM will be nominated!
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I kinda love Julie Andrews. She is on Kathie Lee and Hoda promoting her new children's book but of course they talk about the Sound of Music. Again she said she supports Carrie and wishes her the best of luck. There was just so much sincerity in her voice and she has a sense of humor too. Kathie Lee and Hoda are both excited for this too.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Jackie ‏@jackieh90 1m Julie Andrews wishing @carrieunderwood so much luck on the #SoundofMusic on @klgandhoda this momrning!!

Megan Clark ‏@JMegClark 1m @carrieunderwood Julie Andrews just sent you much luck on Today Show for The Sound of Music! #amazingwoman #cantwaitfortheliveshow

Caroline Ferreira ‏@carolinepf05 2m
    @carrieunderwood julie andrews just gave you a shout out on @klgandhoda with some wise words of advice for The sound of music #soinspiring

Here's some tweets about Julie Andrews on Kathie Lee and Hoda show this morning.

So if the SOM is nominated Carrie will be at the Golden Globes, the SAG and this year she was at the Emmys! #SUPERSTAR :-D

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    So if the SOM is nominated Carrie will be at the Golden Globes, the SAG and this year she was at the Emmys! #SUPERSTAR :-D
    I like the sound of that.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Yes!!! I knew it! I knew there was a loophole making this a TV movie! Loopholes are my livelihood. Lol

Concert Stars
    Praying my excitement doesnt jinx carrie. Lol

hey so will they pretape a rehearsal demo dvd for voters- or wait to submit to dec 5 after the show?? The rules allow submission of prescreening DVDs before movie is out. That's why so many oscar and globe movies are unknown to the public- not released yet so they send dvds to voters.
    bluetb4, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

That would be amazing

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yes!!! I knew it! I knew there was a loophole making this a TV movie! Loopholes are my livelihood. Lol
    Spoken like a true lawyer. 😄

Concert Stars
    that would be awesome!! so excited for this!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Hopefully they will nominate SOM at the Golden Globes

Concert Stars
    Ha ha ha ha, OMG, we are sooooooo far ahead of ourselves.

Yes, it does have a cast of amazing people. And it is being presented by multitalented people. BUT! Let's not jump the shark!

Lets first stay very focused on the fact that Carrie has been given an amazing oportunity and she will do amazingly well for a first timer.

But she will be a first timer. Voters will know that!

IF it were to recieve any kind of award recognition that would be amazing. But lets let that be what it is. And not expect anything but a wonderful night watching Carrie scare the daylights out of herself and us with her, and come out of it beautifully brilliant!!

•