• 2 Post By cary78663
  • 3 Post By Marie2011
  • 4 Post By pklongbeach

Thread: Taste of Country 2013 CMA Awards Predictions

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar

Taste of Country 2013 CMA Awards Predictions

http://www.tasteofcountry.com/2013-c...s-predictions/

Female Vocalist of the Year

Our Choice: Carrie Underwood – Only one artist has won this award four straight years: Reba McEntire did it between 1984-87. A win for Miranda Lambert will be her fourth in a row, but it won’t happen. She’s deserving, but is between albums — something that’s not true for Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. We like Underwood because her past year was too strong to ignore.

Album of the Year

Our Choice: Blake Shelton, ‘Based on a True Story’ – It’s without a doubt Shelton’s best album. ‘Red’ and ‘Blown Away’ could also win this award, but even though it’s been his year for several years now, 2013 still feels like Blake Shelton’s year.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    It's nice that they predict Carrie to win Female but i disagree with Album but we'll see in 17 days.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryfan2006 View Post
    It's nice that they predict Carrie to win Female but i disagree with Album but we'll see in 17 days.
    I hope Carrie wins. Blake will probably win because of the power group backing him.

^I'm not so sure Blake will. Kacey has all the critics in her corner. I actually predict she'll take it.

Concert Stars
    Blake is the only male up for album- so I could see the females splitting votes between the three and blake winning by default sadly.

kasey has the biggest critical acclaim, but Carrie had more sales and radio success. TS had the most sales but her album is too pop for the voters to go for imo.

I feel that album will be between Blake and Carrie.

Taylor will win a couple of awards for HDC and maybe EOTY, thats is enough!!

And Female.. well nobody on earth can predict what those voters think in this category! lol

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    They make a good point about Reba : the Queen of Country in most people's eyes. Miranda, not yet anyway, can be on that level with 4 in a row. The voters will be content though making Carrie the 3rd female artist ever to win FV 4 times overall. This may not be 4 in a row but people will/are remembering this award as: Reba, Martina & Carrie being the 3 artists with the most wins ever in that category (4). I feel the only reason the whole Reba 4 in a row talk has come about lately is because Carrie in 2009 and Miranda now in 2013, had/have the chance to match the overall record holder. Once this years CMAs pass and there's another winner other than Miranda, everyone will be back to talking about FV as who has the most wins in the category overall rather than in a row. Hopefully Carrie joins Martina & Reba in that talk.
    gocountrymusic likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    They make a good point about Reba : the Queen of Country in most people's eyes. Miranda, not yet anyway, can be on that level with 4 in a row. The voters will be content though making Carrie the 3rd female artist ever to win FV 4 times overall. This may not be 4 in a row but people will/are remembering this award as: Reba, Martina & Carrie being the 3 artists with the most wins ever in that category (4). I feel the only reason the whole Reba 4 in a row talk has come about lately is because Carrie in 2009 and Miranda now in 2013, had/have the chance to match the overall record holder. Once this years CMAs pass and there's another winner other than Miranda, everyone will be back to talking about FV as who has the most wins in the category overall rather than in a row. Hopefully Carrie joins Martina & Reba in that talk.
    Voters love to see old records eventually fall. Sadly I see this as the reason Miranda has a very good shot at winning because they are looking to set her up for #5 in 2014.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAustraliaCarrie View Post
    The voters have already given Miranda Top Female Vocalist at the ACMs for 4 years in a row. So I don't see them hesitating to do so at the CMAs.
    liveasong and bluetb4 like this.

Concert Stars
    ohh I so hope Carrie wins this year..but knowing the CMA's..who knows!!!

I am hoping since Kacey like Miranda is a critic favorites that some of the people who usually vote for Miranda votes for Kacey causing Carrie to win FVOTY.
    Last edited by Marie2011; 10-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    pklongbeach, bluetb4 and Inspired like this.

Concert Stars
    IF Miranda wins this year, based on her output of product and overall public interest, I will be honestly pissed off.

I can understand if it goes to Kacey, which I still think is very talented but has not reached her full potencial yet, and I can certainly see Carrie who has had the largest level of success and noteriety on all levels. And I can't really see the Reba camp getting any traction with Kelly (they just want her on the list to get people used to the idea).
    But I swear to the Spagetti Monster!!! If Miranda wins that award. I just don't know!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Blake is the only male up for album- so I could see the females splitting votes between the three and blake winning by default sadly.

kasey has the biggest critical acclaim, but Carrie had more sales and radio success. TS had the most sales but her album is too pop for the voters to go for imo.
    Everything you said is what makes album so unpredictable, there are so many different things that voters can look at to make their choice on who to vote for.

Concert Stars
    ...which is sad cause it should at least "try" to be about the best album.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    ...which is sad cause it should at least "try" to be about the best album.

But the award is album of the year.

Not Sales album of the year
    Not Critics Album of the year
    Not Radio album of the year

Everything listed above plus some is included when thinking about Album of the Year.
    Quality of an album is too subjective

Quality is just way too damn subjective.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    ^I'm not so sure Blake will. Kacey has all the critics in her corner. I actually predict she'll take it.
    This is definitely a possibility. I think Kacey could pull off album and then win an award for Merry Go Round or Mama's Broken Heart in song. I still think that Tornado has the best shot of winning but it really is anyone's game. I hope Blown Away can pull this off but if people are predicting a Blake win I just don't know.

•