• 1 Post By kewlie78189
  • 6 Post By Inspired
  • 4 Post By teesharky
  • 4 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 4 Post By lizcarlo

Thread: Album Review: Willie Nelson - To All The Girls

Junior Carrie Follower northtexas's Avatar

Album Review: Willie Nelson - To All The Girls

As good as all of these songs are, Carrie Underwood's performance of "Aways On My Mind" just cements why she should record a collection of Classic Country standards as she was born to sing such songs (even though she does quite well with her own contemporary fare).
    Read more at Album Review: Willie Nelson - To All The Girls | Country Music Reviews, Taylor Swift to Lady Antebellum | Roughstock.com
    Gator, rainbow1, terilyn and 9 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    If we don't get a cd of new material next year we should get a cd of classics.Would be amazing.

Concert Stars
    Nice! Glad to see the nice Carrie mention!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Carrie has clearly seen that review and liked it. She posted this tweet:

Carrie Underwood ‏@carrieunderwood 2h Wow... Great review. Thank you so much! http://www.roughstock.com/reviews/album-review-willie-nelson-to-all-the-girls …

Junior Carrie Follower northtexas's Avatar
    Saving Country Music also has a review and some Carrie comments:

"Maybe it’s because “Always On My Mind” is such a timeless tune, but this duet with Carrie Underwood kills it. “Grandma’s Hands” with Mavis Staples carries a lot of depth and meaning, maybe because Willie was himself raised by his grandmother. The Western swinging “Till The End of the World” with Shelby Lynne was a real standout, and so was Willie’s duet with his daughter Paula Nelson singing the CCR song “Have You Ever Seen The Rain.” And though Willie may have played “Bloody Mary Morning” 10,000 times by now, this might be the recorded version that is the best."

At first I thought maybe Trigger's "kills it" comment was negative but he explains it in response to a question:

Rich October 17, 2013 at 11:21 am Am I correct you disliked the Carrie duet from this comment: ” Maybe it’s because “Always On My Mind” is such a timeless tune, but this duet with Carrie Underwood kills it”.

Trigger October 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm No, you are incorrect. I singled it out from the track list because I enjoyed it. If I had disliked it, I would have said so. I think this review as much as any shows I am willing to be honest.

You can read the whole review here:
    http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/willie-nelson-dedicates-an-album-to-all-the-girls

Concert Stars
    Or maybe its just because Carrie can sing so well.

Sometimes its so hard for these Nashville guys to give Carrie a legitimate compliment.
    bluetb4 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    The Triggerman is hardly a Nashville guy - give or take Twang Nation, he's about the most consistently critical blogger when it comes to Nashville's view of Country Music. Although he's said in the past that Carrie is one artist he's seldom had cause to call out (and he was grateful, if surprised, to find the Carrie fan base as an ally in the fight against Billboard's chart changes), I don't remember him praising her work before.

When he singles out her duet for a mention, and says she killed it, that's praise indeed, from an unexpected quarter.

Concert Stars
    wonderful review...love that even Carrie loved it!
    oldyfan likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by northtexas View Post
    Saving Country Music also has a review and some Carrie comments:

"Maybe it’s because “Always On My Mind” is such a timeless tune, but this duet with Carrie Underwood kills it. “Grandma’s Hands” with Mavis Staples carries a lot of depth and meaning, maybe because Willie was himself raised by his grandmother. The Western swinging “Till The End of the World” with Shelby Lynne was a real standout, and so was Willie’s duet with his daughter Paula Nelson singing the CCR song “Have You Ever Seen The Rain.” And though Willie may have played “Bloody Mary Morning” 10,000 times by now, this might be the recorded version that is the best."

At first I thought maybe Trigger's "kills it" comment was negative but he explains it in response to a question:

Rich October 17, 2013 at 11:21 am Am I correct you disliked the Carrie duet from this comment: ” Maybe it’s because “Always On My Mind” is such a timeless tune, but this duet with Carrie Underwood kills it”.

Trigger October 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm No, you are incorrect. I singled it out from the track list because I enjoyed it. If I had disliked it, I would have said so. I think this review as much as any shows I am willing to be honest.

You can read the whole review here:
    http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/willie-nelson-dedicates-an-album-to-all-the-girls
    OMG I (Rich) thought he meant he liked it also but wanted him to come out and actually say he liked it.
    Gator, rainbow1, oldyfan and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow Carrie actually got a nice comment on that Saving Country music site. lol She has so many haters there. Trigger is ok though.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review. Carrie releasing a classic covers album would be amazing.

I'm happy he gave her good review. I have found a lot of underground country artists I enjoy a lot from his site. Im happy she is getting good reviews in general. She really does have beautiful versatile vocals. I'm so excited for this cd. I'd love it if Carrie would release classic country album as well. Her covers of the classics are so beautiful.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review! Nice to see this album getting lots of positive buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wow Carrie actually got a nice comment on that Saving Country music site. lol She has so many haters there. Trigger is ok though.
    Nearly every mainstream contemporary country artist has haters on Saving Country Music lol. The site is pretty much designed to appeal to those that don't like what is happening in the mainstream. It is a huge deal that Trigger bothered to single Carrie out in a positive way for her duet with Willie.

•