Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By LouisaJessie

Thread: Carrie Underwood Would Have Welcomed Keith Urban's Support on American Idol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Would Have Welcomed Keith Urban's Support on American Idol

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Would Have Welcomed Keith Urban's Support on American Idol

On Keith Urban's first season of American Idol, he proved to be the Mr. Nice Guy. He wasn't Paula Abdul nice, but he also wasn't overly critical and negative and nasty to the competitors. So I can see how contestants would be thrilled to be part of Idol now. And you can easily understand why past Idol contestants, such as Carrie Underwood, wish they'd had a judge like Urban.

Underwood won season four of the reality talent show in 2005 and has gone on to live out Idol judge Simon Cowell's prediction she would not only win the show but also "sell more records than any other previous Idol winner."

Still, it would have been nice to have someone as encouraging and positive as Urban at the judges' table that year.

That said, it's very difficult to find any clips from 2005 where any of the judges say anything remotely critical to Underwood. One time, Cowell told her she had a "potentially" good recording voice. Another time, he called a song she did "old-fashioned," but that was about as mean as he ever was to her.

In a recent radio interview, Underwood admitted she's looking forward to the next season of the hit series and is excited to see Urban do his thing.

"He's such a wonderful judge," she said. "He's very nice to the contestants, and they need that. It seems like a lot of them are just so young. They're babies. I think of when I was on the show, I was 21 years old. I probably could have used some positive reinforcement from somebody like Keith. So I think the contestants are lucky to have someone like him."

Concert Stars
    nice little article..and I agree..they weren't mean to Carrie because she was good LOL

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great article and Carrie is spot on with Keith as a judge in AI

•