Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By rainbow1
  • 2 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By rainbow1

Thread: Oklahoma fiddler Bullard featured on "Nashville" show (Carrie mention)

Concert Stars

Oklahoma fiddler Bullard featured on "Nashville" show (Carrie mention)

This is a big article in the Ok City paper today and just thought it might be interesting to some of you. It's about a 23 year old girl who has been hiredfor a supporting role as a backup vocalist and, an acoustic guitarist for Jullette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) in the Nashville show. It goes on to tell all about her, but I will jump that part.

In 2000, Bullard took on the role of the kid singer on Northeastern State University's Branson-style show "Downtown Country". Her tenure in the Tahlequah production over-lapped with that of future American Idol Carrie Underwood, who was on the show in 2003-04.

"it's so cool to see her success and how she's thriving," Bullard said. " Ilost touch with her for a little bit, but I was working the CMT Awards in 2010 ...and I was backstage and she walked by and she did a double-take. She was like, "Kaileigh! What are you doing here?!"

The singers were able to catch up via email, and she occasionally sees her superstar pal around Nashville, where Bullard moved in 2008 to attend Belmont Un and pursue her country music dreams.

Thanks for the great find! Love that all these "Downtown Country" people are finding each other and talking to each other. I believe there is a girl who lives here in Owasso who was also in "Downtown Country" because there have been tweets between the Swon Brothers, Carrie and a girl, but I cannot remember her name -- maybe I can find it.
    rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    nice mention!!

Carrie Guru
    Thanks for posting rainbow1. I love hearing these personal stories about what Carrie does behind the scenes. : )
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Thanks for the great find! Love that all these "Downtown Country" people are finding each other and talking to each other. I believe there is a girl who lives here in Owasso who was also in "Downtown Country" because there have been tweets between the Swon Brothers, Carrie and a girl, but I cannot remember her name -- maybe I can find it.
    I remember something about that too. Didn't she say, "Tell Kaileigh hello"? I bet you can find it, if anyone can!! smiley
    opry051008 likes this.

•