• 1 Post By kewlie78189
  • 11 Post By mariquita
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 1 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 3 Post By mbh

Thread: Carrie Underwood ain't country but she's good

Carrie Follower

Carrie Underwood ain't country but she's good

Carrie Underwood’s music still features fiddles, steel guitars and banjos, but don’t let that fool you. The 2005 “American Idol” winner is hardly a country artist, if she ever was.

After all, she got her start as the winner of a reality-show contest. But while she has something of a prefabricated air about her, Underwood is too talented to spend her career as simply the product of pop-culture machinery — or even as one of the biggest country stars in America. And she knows it.

Carrie Underwood ain?t country but she?s good | Concert preview | Soundposts | Seattle Times
    mbh and jaylee50 like this.

Concert Stars
    dont agree with the she's not country part but glad they said at least that she was good..although she is amazing not just good LOL
    bluetb4 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I thought that was an interesting review, they emphasized her "bluesiness" and actually compared her style to Etta James. Yes, we know Carrie can be as country as she wants to be, but you can tell how much she loves her some rock. I would actually be interested to hear her record some Bonnie Raitt - style blues rock, it would kill!

And gotta love this line:

"When Swift recently put up a valiant vocal effort at her Tacoma Dome show, it was a pleasant surprise but would have been an embarrassment for Underwood."

LOL!!

Carrie Guru
    very good review.
    mbh likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    LOL at the Taylor shade.
    liz278 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower Inspired's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thank you for opening a new thread dedicated to the article.
    There was discussion on it last night in the CMA 47 thread, does anyone know how to move them over?
    I tried copy and paste but it did not carry over the posters' names.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownAway2012 View Post
    Carrie Underwood’s music still features fiddles, steel guitars and banjos, but don’t let that fool you. The 2005 “American Idol” winner is hardly a country artist, if she ever was.

After all, she got her start as the winner of a reality-show contest. But while she has something of a prefabricated air about her, Underwood is too talented to spend her career as simply the product of pop-culture machinery — or even as one of the biggest country stars in America. And she knows it.

Carrie Underwood ain?t country but she?s good | Concert preview | Soundposts | Seattle Times

In short the reviewer is saying that Carrie is too talented and ONE of "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in the music industry - NOT ONLY in COUNTRY music industry - Carrie is EXTRAORDINARY and SUBSTANTIAL.

Carrie Follower
    Some one needs to send this review to Gary Allen after his remarks about Carrie on Larry king a few days ago.

Concert Stars
    Oh I actually thought that was going to be a bad review. It's funny how different people view different artists. Many country music purists view her as very pop leaning, if not full out pop. Pop fans view her as totally country that they like occasionally (and usually at a surprise, as they tell themselves they don't like country at all). I think her heart and sentiments in her songs are totally country. To me this is a big part of what makes one a "country artist". It's such a mixed bag and open to interpretation, but in my eyes, she's just modern country, more pop/rock on some songs, and more traditional on others.

Concert Stars
    As much as I appreciate the reviewers obvious understanding of Carries talent, I am not too thrilled with the fact that he chooses to "project onto her" his ideas of what her career should be.

This is very often the case with Carrie; People see so much potencial, they always assume she is wasting it on Country.
    I think that is unfair to her. If she embraces the genre and supports it and creates her own version of it, than I think it is only fair to respect that and appreciate her contributions to it.

And stop suugesting she would be better served elsewhere.

•