Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 155
Like Tree437Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood putting her spin on 'Sunday Night Football' theme

  1. #21
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Cps235's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,678
    Concert Stars
    Carrie did so great! I'm so proud to be a Carebear! I'm sure Carrie gained a whole lot of new fans tonight! She is such a great performer!! I hope the CMAs are taking notice!!

  • #22
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,448
    She did a GREAT job!!! So proud of her!!!

  • #23
    Hil
    Hil is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Hil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,163
    Carrie was AWESOME!!!

  • #24
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    751
    i expected this to happen... which is why i wished she declined the offer.

  • #25
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,399
    Concert Stars
    Faith got a lot of negative feedback when she took over from Pink so I expected some negativity. However, everyone accepted Faith after the first year because they just got used to her doing the opening ---and the same will apply for Carrie. The group of 75 to 100 people here loved it and the energy she brought to an old worn out rendition of the song. She did great...

  • #26
    Ultimate Carrie Fan TOPDOG1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,008
    This is nothing compared to the crap she'll get for her Sound of Music portrayal. You can't decline opportunities because of some stupid backlash.

  • #27
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,546
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by deymayor View Post
    i expected this to happen... which is why i wished she declined the offer.
    Why do you say that? She did great. People will get used to her version.

  • #28
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by deymayor View Post
    i expected this to happen... which is why i wished she declined the offer.
    What are you talking about? You really think she shouldn't do it because of some negative comments on Twitter. If she was going to stop doing anything that generates some negative comments on Twitter, she might as well quit the business. There are also a lot of positive comments. This is nothing new.

  • #29
    Insane Carrie Fan wonton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,526
    Concert Stars
    Wow I loved it! It really is a lot different than Faiths version. More youthful and energetic. She sounds awesome!

  • #30
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,755
    Im sure the haters are planning trash Carrie via twitter since she was announced like the new artist singing the SNF theme.

    She killed it! Period!

  • #31
    Insane Carrie Fan Suellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,785
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mtreasmith View Post


    there ya go!
    I missed Carrie's performance tonight so thank you for posting; she was amazing.

  • #32
    Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    45,818
    Here's a better quality




    Carrie would never say no to a amazing thing like doing the Sunday Night Football theme. Look at the amazing things Carrie has done over the 8 years she being doing this.

  • #33
    pgk
    pgk is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    What are you talking about? You really think she shouldn't do it because of some negative comments on Twitter. If she was going to stop doing anything that generates some negative comments on Twitter, she might as well quit the business. There are also a lot of positive comments. This is nothing new.



    Exactly, what Cary said.

    Has there ever been a time when Carrie is in the news for, whatever, you name it, from the most trivial to the most significant thing that there haven't been negative comments? I can't think of any. Don't lose sight of the positive ones because of some sour grapes out there. Just like we couldn't wait for this debut, there were others sharpening their claws. Believe me the claws are in the minority. I like and admire Carrie for taking risks. How will we ever know what we can achieve if we don't try? Carrie is a thinker, she doesn't strike me as a frivolous person, so I'm sure she gives each project much consideration, the pros and cons before she takes it on.
    nccountrygal and teesharky like this.

  • #34
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,692
    Concert Stars
    Well I loved Carrie's version! She really rocked it!
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #35
    Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    45,818
    I'm just going to block those sour apples out there because its not worth it and its not worth my time messing with those people

  • #36
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    993
    Amazing! Love it
    oldyfan likes this.

  • #37
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Pitocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    1,132
    Concert Stars
    guys, of course there was gonna be negative feedback Imagine if someone else took over hosting the CMAs....no matter HOW GOOD they were, there would be a lot of negative feedback, since Carrie and Brad have become sort of a "tradition" for the show. It'll pass

  • #38
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,399
    Concert Stars
    The crowd of people here at the party thought that Pink and Faith just came out to strut and sing the song but Carrie came out with a lot of energy and to get the crowd pumped up for the game that she was going to watch with them. I think she did a great job and got the point of excitement across. NBC chose the right girl....the ALL AMERICAN GIRL.....
    rainbow1, Gator, pgk and 10 others like this.

  • #39
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,427
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    This is nothing compared to the crap she'll get for her Sound of Music portrayal. You can't decline opportunities because of some stupid backlash.
    EXACTLY.

    She's going to get a whole lot more criticism (but also a whole lot more love) when SOM airs.

    People always complain when there's a change to something they have gotten used to. Some didn't even know about Carrie replacing Faith since they don't follow the news and it just came as a big surprise for them. Give them a few more weeks to get used to the theme and they will start loving it. When the time comes for Carrie to give up this gig, people will start saying "Oh Carrie's version was so much better" as compared to the new version then. It ALWAYS happens!! lol

  • #40
    Insane Carrie Fan blitzer50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,093
    Concert Stars


  •  
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Underwood brings new 'Sunday Night Football' theme
      By jamesharry404 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM
    2. Carrie Underwood debuts new 'Sunday Night Football' theme tonight
      By LouisaJessie in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:47 PM
    3. Carrie Underwood Putting Added Muscle in Sunday Night Football Theme
      By LouisaJessie in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 08-28-2013, 02:24 PM
    4. Replies: 14
      Last Post: 07-31-2013, 03:12 PM
    5. Carrie Underwood Takes Over 'Sunday Night Football' Theme Song
      By dreamer11 in forum Carrie Underwood Sightings
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •