Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 3 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: YahooSports: Carrie Underwood Nervous About Her Version of Sunday Night Football Song

Concert Stars

YahooSports: Carrie Underwood Nervous About Her Version of Sunday Night Football Song

Martin Rogers 16 minutes ago Yahoo Sports

Opening weekend nerves will be everywhere in the NFL on Sunday, from front offices to locker rooms and to a luxurious house in Nashville, Tenn., where a singing superstar will figure out how to make a healthy version of chips and dip.
    Carrie Underwood is days away from becoming an official part of the pro football experience, replacing Faith Hill as the voice of "Waiting All Day for Sunday", NBC's "Sunday Night Football" anthem. While butterflies grip the stomach of players across the league, Underwood, MVP of Season 4 of "American Idol" and a country music recording sensation, says she'll be going through a similar experience.
    "I am already nervous," Underwood told Yahoo! Sports in a telephone conversation this week. "I know the players are going to have nerves going into the first game of the season but I will be feeling the same while I wait for the song to come on."
    A chunk of Underwood's summer was spent in a studio recording a version of the song that will be unveiled for the first time ahead of the prime time clash between the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys.
    "For me it is very exciting to replace an artist like Faith Hill, who I have so much respect for," Underwood said. "I wanted to change it up and make it really high energy. I see it as like ringing the dinner bell, telling people it is time to watch football and preparing everyone for what they are about to see."

Growing up in Oklahoma, Underwood hails from a family of football supporters and fell in love with the game at an early age, even having Cowboys' star-shaped decorations in her bedroom and rocking a Cowboys Starter jacket to school.
    She even briefly dated Tony Romo in 2007, before finding happiness with husband Mike Fisher, of the NHL's Nashville Predators.
    However, it is football that dominates the airwaves in their Nashville home on Sundays, with Underwood's chief priority being an eternal battle to find a healthier twist on typically calorific football treats.
    "You know what football food is like, it YahooSportsExperts

@ysportsexperts

3m

Carrie Underwood nervous about her version of 'Sunday Night Football' song http://yhoo.it/1cNgGA5 #yahoosports

Carrie Guru
    Aaah, do not worry ... people are going to like her.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is going to kill it! They'll love her. Here's a preview:

Concert Stars
    So there is a story on Yahoo about Ryan S. opening the NFL season at a Broncos game and got Booooooed.

I hope this story does not grown and translate into an attitude toward Carrie.

Why would they have Sycrest there at all?? He has no connection to football what so ever. And he is so overexposed as it is, football fans are not going to be the least bit interested in him.

And since Carrie is from Idol and he is obviously also, there is that direct line of thought like: "Oh Fox is trying to shove their stars down our throats.".

Hope not.

(I just wish they did not drag sycrest out. This is Carries moment, and the exposure has been great. Now we have Idol stars being booed by the public. Augh)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^That was on last night. I watched it and Ryan kind of started the countdown to kickoff (I think, because I really wasn't paying much attention). It was funny anyway, because kickoff got delayed due to lightening in the area so it was a useless countdown, lol. Anyway, the game was on NBC, so it certainly wasn't about Fox pushing it's people. Danielle Bradbury, who won the last season of the Voice, sang the National Anthem (she did a great job singing in the rain).
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    she's gonna be amazing..she has no need to worry!

It takes a uniquely stupid person to boo this :

Mirasa45A likes this.

Carrie Guru
    ^^^^ YES, I agree with you !!
    carebear4eva likes this.

Concert Stars
    Why did they boo Ryan? I watched after as I dvrd it and didnt really notice any boos.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Why would they have Sycrest there at all?? He has no connection to football what so ever. And he is so overexposed as it is, football fans are not going to be the least bit interested in him.
    Ryan was there because his new show is on NBC also. They also showed commercials for it during the game.

•