Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1333
Like Tree4081Likes

Thread: 'True Blood's' Stephen Moyer to Co-Star in NBC's 'Sound of Music'

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    Don't know where to post this but-----Carrie needs some votes for The Sound of Music track on The Boot's " Most Anticipated Album For December". She is currently ahead by a few votes but Parmalee (Who are they?) is catching up fast. We need to get this for Carrie for album of December 2013. Thanks...........I noticed this last night when I was doing my nightly voting on PCA, etc..

Can you post the link? Tx
    Last edited by teesharky; 11-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    wow! Tx for that! Haha my whole life I thought it was a boy singing that crazy note!!! See this is why going live is actually more honest! They really faked a lot if things in the movie version.

Not ot only did they lip sync- but I read that Christopher plummer's vocals were dubbed? Was he even singing? Lol

And I read yesterday that little Gretyl got so chubby during filming that Christopher Plummer made tgem use her body double for the scene in which he carried her. Lol classic!
    Tee you're becoming a pro of SOM.
    teesharky and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    wow! Tx for that! Haha my whole life I thought it was a boy singing that crazy note!!! See this is why going live is actually more honest! They really faked a lot if things in the movie version.

Not ot only did they lip sync- but I read that Christopher plummer's vocals were dubbed? Was he even singing? Lol

And I read yesterday that little Gretyl got so chubby during filming that Christopher Plummer made tgem use her body double for the scene in which he carried her. Lol classic!
    Christopher's singing was recorded and he learned to play the guitar but in the end both were dubbed for the movie.And he hated Edelweiss!
    teesharky, rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ wow then that makes Stephen Moyer's performance even more impressive. Haha
    Smokyiiis, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Can an you post the link? Tx
    Vote for the Most Anticipated Album of December 2013
    teesharky, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @arianerinehart 32m Guess what we're rehearsing today... @SoundofMusic @neilmeron @carrieunderwood pic.twitter.com/URXt2aXUou

and there was a bat spotted at rehearsals earlier.ew

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

As I understand it, Christopher Plummer sang during filming. But for the film release, Bill Lee was dubbed in for his songs. This is why no one should compare what happens on Dec 5 to the movie. In a live performance, there is no technology to save you, no chance to do it again. It is up to the cast's preparation and talent to get it right the first and only time they do it.

On a side note, there is a lot of trivia at The Sound of Music (1965) - Trivia - IMDb.

Concert Stars
    ^ tx cary. Wow I need to read that trivia. I bought the SOM book written by Maria Von Trapp herself of her real story- but I haven't had time to read it yet.

^^ So there was a bat on set? Is that what they meant by put it in Vampire Bill's trailer- it will be comfortable there? haha Funny story for them to tell after-- a bat on set. I guess that hangar is pretty big indeed!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @arianerinehart 32m Guess what we're rehearsing today... @SoundofMusic @neilmeron @carrieunderwood pic.twitter.com/URXt2aXUou

and there was a bat spotted at rehearsals earlier.ew
    Hmmm could it be the Ballroom dancing scene?
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    And thus is why you get broadway performers to do it.

They are used to giving an audience a "once in a lifetime" experience every night of the week.

They are really that good.

I have to say I am really taken by Moyers voice. Its a beautiful tone. It is going to blend with Carries so well.

We can not underestimate the valuble experience Carrie is having matching voices with these singers. IT really is the opportunity of a lifetime. And she is taking every bit of it in. ITs wonderful.

As for the "one night only" concerns. Yes, its one shot one time, but when you are a good singer, you don't worry about that.
    You have a trusted instruement that is there for you, and you use it like a pro.
    I am not worried about that at all (except the whole jumping on the bed singing goatherd, ha ha ha).

The only thing at this point is the people casually tuning in to pick it apart. That is going to frustrate me. Even though I know its coming.

I will probably avoid alot of that. Even though I am a strong believer in us "expressing" ourselves after performances, after a performance like this, where there are so few in the industry who could ever even dream of pulling it off, I "AM NOT" going to want to hear nitpicking!!

I will look forward to a grace period of wonderful praise and admiration for the grand effort and the amazing result!

Cause for the naggy negatives, I know there are going to be sooooooo many positivies.

Concert Stars
    Omg prepare to be blown away!!!

Ann ‏@Okies4Carrie 7m Exclusive: Audra McDonald Sings 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain' http://shar.es/8MPrz via @sharethis

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @arianerinehart
    Stay off @carrieunderwood 's mountain! pic.twitter.com/kVFkK5Bluv

thats not looking healthy

Concert Stars
    Ooh Edelweiss! And carrie has her very own mountain! Haha love it!!!
    Smokyiiis, rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    And thus is why you get broadway performers to do it.

They are used to giving an audience a "once in a lifetime" experience every night of the week.

They are really that good.

I have to say I am really taken by Moyers voice. Its a beautiful tone. It is going to blend with Carries so well.

We can not underestimate the valuble experience Carrie is having matching voices with these singers. IT really is the opportunity of a lifetime. And she is taking every bit of it in. ITs wonderful.

As for the "one night only" concerns. Yes, its one shot one time, but when you are a good singer, you don't worry about that.
    You have a trusted instruement that is there for you, and you use it like a pro.
    I am not worried about that at all (except the whole jumping on the bed singing goatherd, ha ha ha).

The only thing at this point is the people casually tuning in to pick it apart. That is going to frustrate me. Even though I know its coming.

I will probably avoid alot of that. Even though I am a strong believer in us "expressing" ourselves after performances, after a performance like this, where there are so few in the industry who could ever even dream of pulling it off, I "AM NOT" going to want to hear nitpicking!!

I will look forward to a grace period of wonderful praise and admiration for the grand effort and the amazing result!

Cause for the naggy negatives, I know there are going to be sooooooo many positivies.
    But the "one time only" thing does not involve just the songs. And while Carrie is very comfortable with singing live, acting is a much different animal and it is something that is a big risk for Carrie. And even for the experienced Broadway actors, this is much different. It is very different doing a live show in front of a couple of thousand people and doing a show that will be viewed by millions. And they won't have the immediate feedback from the audience that a Broadway show has.

Concert Stars
    Ok looks like they are rehearsing for the Macy's Day Parade today!

Cameron Adams ‏@CameronAdamsNYC 52m
    Yaayy! #MacysParade@arianerinehart: Guess what we're rehearsing today... @SoundofMusic @neilmeron @carrieunderwood pic.twitter.com/IN3MWZPFWv

Concert Stars
    Here's something about the bat! haha

Sandi ‏@doulasandi 3h Guest star in #soundofmusiclive today, a bat named Bruce. @LauraBenanti @arianerinehart @carrieunderwood

Concert Stars
    Oh, definately. And I think that is the thing. I think that last thing on a good singers mind is their singing.
    that is why it is so important to get really good really reliable singers. You can't have the actors standing there worrying about weather they sound good.

No you are so right. Its the costume changes. Its the cues. Is the chorepgraphy. Its making sure the "prop" you are supposed to pick up in your big speech is sitting where it is supposed to be sitting.
    YEs, there is so much that can go wrong. And I honestly feel so good about the way they are dealing with it.
    Much like a real show, all the perfomers pull together, and together they get through it. And it is being a part of that company of amazing support that the Lead can be so amazing. She is just part of the huge puzzle going on around her.

I just can't tell you how proud I am of her. The level of professionalism is breathtaking for a girl from Ok!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    But the "one time only" thing does not involve just the songs. And while Carrie is very comfortable with singing live, acting is a much different animal and it is something that is a big risk for Carrie. And even for the experienced Broadway actors, this is much different. It is very different doing a live show in front of a couple of thousand people and doing a show that will be viewed by millions. And they won't have the immediate feedback from the audience that a Broadway show has.
    You hit the nail on the head Cary. It is, I would think, much less pressure to do a live production in front of a thousand or two for a Broadway play of what is probably mostly knowledgeable people that get it is live and want to be there, then it is for when you know you are doing it for millions all over the world and for what is a "watch from home" audience that doesn't necessarily get the enormity of how hard it really is and/or how hard it was to have pulled off, whether it goes perfectly or not perfectly. There simply is no comparison between the two IMO as far as the enormous amount of pressure she or they must feel. I do not think that just knowing you have a good voice automatically gets you through this at all. But we all know they all will be well prepared and will do their very best.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    No you are so right. Its the costume changes. Its the cues. Is the chorepgraphy. Its making sure the "prop" you are supposed to pick up in your big speech is sitting where it is supposed to be sitting.
    YEs, there is so much that can go wrong. And I honestly feel so good about the way they are dealing with it.
    Much like a real show, all the perfomers pull together, and together they get through it. And it is being a part of that company of amazing support that the Lead can be so amazing. She is just part of the huge puzzle going on around her.

I just can't tell you how proud I am of her. The level of professionalism is breathtaking for a girl from Ok!
    I completely agree with your last sentence. Even though there are a thousand things that can go wrong, they will have gone through it so many times that most things are muscle memory which mitigates that possibility. The crew will be extremely careful that everything is in its proper place. My daughter is a ballet dancer and has done dozens of live performances, obviously on an much, much smaller scale, but it amazes me that I am usually more nervous than she is. I'm sure the producers will have head sets and if somebody is slightly late they will be in communication and hold the music cues. If things do go wrong the performers will just go with it and make it work. There will probably be plenty of things that go not quite to plan that the audience will never even know about.

One thing I am certainly going to do is stay off of this site and twitter that night. I really don't care about naysayers on twitter but I must admit it makes me angry when fans feel compelled to nitpick and search out flaws.
    teesharky, Gator, gran29 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I completely agree with your last sentence. Even though there are a thousand things that can go wrong, they will have gone through it so many times that most things are muscle memory which mitigates that possibility. The crew will be extremely careful that everything is in its proper place. My daughter is a ballet dancer and has done dozens of live performances, obviously on an much, much smaller scale, but it amazes me that I am usually more nervous than she is. I'm sure the producers will have head sets and if somebody is slightly late they will be in communication and hold the music cues. If things do go wrong the performers will just go with it and make it work. There will probably be plenty of things that go not quite to plan that the audience will never even know about.

One thing I am certainly going to do is stay off of this site and twitter that night. I really don't care about naysayers on twitter but I must admit it makes me angry when fans feel compelled to nitpick and search out flaws.
    Oh, you don't mean the inevitable comments like oh I did not like that outfit at all or that hair or that makeup lol
    teesharky, liz278 and oldyfan like this.

•  
    Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast