Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree4081Likes

Thread: 'True Blood's' Stephen Moyer to Co-Star in NBC's 'Sound of Music'

Junior Carrie Follower bkoneill88's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Side question....are there any awards that Carrie might be eligible for after this production?

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bkoneill88 View Post
    Side question....are there any awards that Carrie might be eligible for after this production?
    As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the Emmys or the Golden Globes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bkoneill88 View Post
    Don't know for sure but when George Clooney did Fail Safe live it went into the movie/miniseries categories. If they go movie, TSOM qualifies for the movie/miniseries acting categories too. If it goes variety special, I think there is a performer category unless they did away with it. There are so many categories it's hard to keep up with them. Also if it is categorized as movie that could qualify it for the Emmys, SAG, and golden globe awards.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I think she might fall under TV Movie/Miniseries category for the Emmys, as I just read the rules today. It may fall under Special rather then Variety for the emmys as the rules- pg. 53, indicate that Variety does not include Broadway shows. So the Special category could include the Sound of Music as a whole- but that goes to producers, not Carrie. But if it falls under Tv Movie-- both the show and the actors would be eligible for the Emmys. I am going to check the Golden Globe rules tonight- but I just checked the Emmy rules today. I could be wrong about the definition of TV Movie, but it is possible. PS-- it does not fall under TV Miniseries as it must be 4 hours long and it is only 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    As far as I can tell, there is nothing in the Emmys or the Golden Globes.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ Agree with Stuffy. It will all come down to how loosey goosey the Emmy people define "TV Movie." I am reading the rules right now- and I feel it could fall in that category. But it definitely would not fit under Variety as it excludes Broadway plays- but it includes them in the Special Class category. But I hope it is considered a TV Movie. Then Carrie is eligible for the Globes too.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I forgot about Special Class.

Concert Stars
    http://www.emmys.tv/sites/emmys.tv/f...roced_rev8.pdf Here are the rules. Pg. 53 is relevant. P
    RIMETIME
    R
    ULES AND
    P
    ROCEDURES
    A miniseries consists of two or more episodes
    with a total running time of at least four
    broadcast hours (at least 150 program minutes).
    Movie:
    A television movie is defined as an or
    original program, which tells a story with

beginning, middle and end, and is broadcast in one part.
    A log line of 50 words or less of the miniseries is required at the time of entry. This is
    meant to be a “log line” only, not a sales pitch that includes the writer, director, prior
    awards recognition, etc. Names of principal leads are also required.
    Please note: Voting in
    the miniseries/movie category is a non-preferential, ratings-score
    voting in the final, winner-choosing round.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Gosh you guys are jumping the gun already. Can we just make it through the live airing of the show first? lol.

Concert Stars
    ^ I don't want to jinx anything either by jumping the gun. haha First- Carrie has to do well enough to even be in the running for a nomination. But hopefully they will classify this as a TV Movie, or else it will just be nominated in the Special Class category, section 72 of the rules.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
    Don't know for sure but when George Clooney did Fail Safe live it went into the movie/miniseries categories. If they go movie, TSOM qualifies for the movie/miniseries acting categories too. If it goes variety special, I think there is a performer category unless they did away with it. There are so many categories it's hard to keep up with them. Also if it is categorized as movie that could qualify it for the Emmys, SAG, and golden globe awards.
    yes if it is a TV Movie, all the supporting and Lead actors/actresses are eligible for both Emmys and Golden Globes. But if they don't put it in that category, Carrie wont' be eligible an Emmy individually, but the production of the Sound of Music would be eligible under Special Class category 72. I read all 82 pages of the rules. haha
    DaisyTweets and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Gosh you guys are jumping the gun already. Can we just make it through the live airing of the show first? lol.
    Someone asked a question. I answered. It's as simple as that.

Maybe someone can ask that guy Neil Meron? (I dont remember his name lol) maybe he can say to us if TSOM and Carrie can be nominated for something.

Concert Stars
    Golden Globe rules: Same as Emmys-- It would fall under TV Movies if considered a movie: characters are presented under the same title and have the continuity of production
    supervision.
    Mini
    -
    series
    -
    consists of two or more episodes with a total running time of at least 150
    program minutes. The
    program must have originally aired on TV as a miniseries and
    have a complete story.
    Motion Picture Made for Television

A program originated as a Motion Picture Made
    for Television with a total running time of at least 70 minutes, which tells a story wit
    h a
    beginning, middle and end, and is broadcast in one par
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    http://www.goldenglobes.org/rules-70/TV-Rules-70th.pdf Here are the Golden Globe rules -- since the show will be longer than 70 minutes, it could qualify as a TV movie possibly. It won't qualify as a minseries I don't think as it is not long enough.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Well based on past history, I don't think TSOM will be in the movie category. In 2000, the musical Peter Pan was aired on A&E and was nominated for a Emmy in a category for Variety and Musical programming.

Concert Stars
    ^ Ok so if they are that strict-- and don't have any loopholes-- I guess Carrie is out of luck sadly. But if they somehow define SOM as a movie rather than strictly a musical, maybe there is hope. But you are likely right.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I am officially bummed now. lol All this time- I thought the rules made it clear that SOM could win an Emmy, both for the show itself and Carrie as an actor. It seems like a TV movie to me- not just a musical - as there is a lot of acting in it too. But if they view it not as a TV Movie, but a Special category/Variety thing- she is out of luck.

Concert Stars
    Ha ha ha, Tee your funny.

For as long as we have been trying to convince the world that this is "not" a remake of a movie, now you want it to be considered a movie. Ha ha ha gotta love you!

No, this is not a movie in any way. Its a televised stage musical in every sense. I am pretty sure there are emmys for such things as Cary mentioned "musical/variety" catagory. And it would seem like the peformers could be considered but, if you guys are combing the elegibility and don't see one for Carrie, I guess not.

I know of a lot of big name stars that have done Televised Musicals before and I thought they won emmys for them. Special emmys or again maybe for musical/variety.

Carol Burnett - Once Upon a Matress
    Sandy Duncan - Peter Pan
    B.Streisand - My Name is Barbra
    Televised adaptation of - Cinderella (1970's)
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Carol did not win emmys for her broadway work on television, but her variety show with Julie Andrews won the emmy for variety/musical but that goes to the producers.

Concert Stars
    They changed the rules on Variety shows so you can no longer win an individual Emmy for acting unless you host a reality tv show like Ryan seacrest. If you read pg 53-54 of the rules it explains that. But SOM as a whole is eligible for an Emmy- but it goes to the producer- not Carrie.

Carrie's BA album got in through a clever loophole in rules for CMAs- so you never know.
    I am used to finding loopholes though as that is my job- lol. So an argument can be made that it is a TV movie. Lol. Oh well-if the show is nominated - i bet carrie attends the Emmys next year.

•  
    Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast