Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Honoree for 38th Annual NY Honors Gala

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Honoree for 38th Annual NY Honors Gala

The T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukemia, Cancer and AIDS Research has announced that Carrie Underwood will be honored at its 38th Annual Honors Gala on Tuesday, Oct. 22 with the 2013 Artist Achievement Award. The gala will be held at the legendary Cipriani in New York. Other honorees during the evening include Jennifer Breithaupt, SVP of Marketing CITI (Spirit of Music Award), Brandon Steiner, CEO of Steiner Sports (Humanitarian of the Year Award), John Sykes, President of Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises (Lifetime Music Industry Achievement Award) and Target Corporation (Spirit of Excellence Award). Celebrity performers and presenters will be announced throughout the summer.
    “When I started this Foundation with several of my peers in the music and entertainment business in honor of my son T.J., I wanted to do all that I could to make sure other families would not have to suffer the way my family did,” said Tony Martell, Founder & Chairman of the T.J. Martell Foundation. “We are thrilled to honor Carrie Underwood with this year’s Artist Achievement Award.”
    Past honorees have included former President George W. Bush and former President William J. Clinton, the late Frances Williams Preston, Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Anne Curry, Al Roker, Clive Davis, Arnold Palmer, Del Bryant, Scott Borchetta, Clarence Avant, Berry Gordy, Quincy Jones, the late Gil Freisen, Irving Azoff, Russell Simmons, Monte & Avery Lipman, Bruce Lundvall, John Esposito, Joel Katz and the late Ahmet Ertegun. The T.J. Martell New York Honors Gala is sponsored by American Airlines.
    http://www.musicrow.com/2013/08/t-j-martell-foundation-announces-38th-annual-gala-honorees/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=t-j-martell-foundation-announces-38th-annual-gala-honorees

Last edited by maddkat; 08-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Awesome.....

Concert Stars
    What a wonderful honor for Our Carrie! So happy to see that there are plenty of individuals that see what an incredible person Carrie is! Pretty impressive group of past honorees.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool more awards for Carrie
    teesharky and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    An amazing, tribute and honor for Carrie!!! Are we proud, or what?!!!
    glenn7, maddkat, Smokyiiis and 7 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Wow, what an honor !

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Amazing honor despite the fact that our Scott Borchetta was previously honored lol. But in all seriousness I am thrilled for her (:

Concert Stars
    That is amazing! Perfect location too since she will be in NYC. So glad carrie is finally getting much deserved recognition.

I love that Sting and Bryan Adams are performing! Carrie performed with Bryan before but not sure if she met Sting.

Junior Carrie Follower
    I think an award like this is so much more impressive than an award at the ACM's or CMA's although I would like her to win some of those too. Congrats to Carrie!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    How do they pick who is honored for this? Also it is convenient this is in NY since Carrie will be there by then.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    oh wow what an amazing honour!!
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    What an honor for Carrie. Yes, I do wonder how they pick the honorees.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Yes,very very proud of our Carrie. I am really enjoying all the Carrie news these days and knowing that it will continue for a while.

Concert Stars
    ^ Well Carrie has done alot of charity work, especially her $1 million donation to Red Cross, so I can see more awards coming her way for that. People respect that. She deserves it.

Concert Stars
    I'm so happy for Carrie for receiving this honor.
    teesharky and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    My heart fills up with proud because we know how much she deserves to have a beautiful and blessed heart, she always give back.

She's going to be super busy this fall in NYC! (And it's making me extra jealous of my friend who gets to go live there for six months for work. lol)
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Mr Tony Martell is a former record company executive (now retired). He sadly lost a son (a college student) to leukemia, and, fulfilling his son's request, started a foundation to raise funds for research. The foundation works specifically within the music industry, and many of its donors and supporters are musicians. It has about three sections in different parts of the US, one being in Nashville. Prominent Nashville institutions, such as Vanderbilt University, the Predators Ice Hockey team, and Music Row have been associated with the foundation. While I have seen nothing specific, it would be no surprise if Carrie had supported the foundation herself before.

Concert Stars
    ^ Tx for that info Faraway! You always have so many useful tidbits that I enjoy reading. I bet she contributed to the charity for sure- and I bet Mike did too, since the Predators did.
    rainbow1, DizzyDollyDee and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Mr Tony Martell is a former record company executive (now retired). He sadly lost a son (a college student) to leukemia, and, fulfilling his son's request, started a foundation to raise funds for research. The foundation works specifically within the music industry, and many of its donors and supporters are musicians. It has about three sections in different parts of the US, one being in Nashville. Prominent Nashville institutions, such as Vanderbilt University, the Predators Ice Hockey team, and Music Row have been associated with the foundation. While I have seen nothing specific, it would be no surprise if Carrie had supported the foundation herself before.
    Thanks for this. My guess is that Carrie (and Mike) are far more charitable than we can even fathom. One of the many things I love about them.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast