• 4 Post By Kizmet311
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 3 Post By LouisaJessie
  • 1 Post By Carrie_Rocks_The_House
  • 3 Post By countrycarrie59
  • 1 Post By Kizmet311
  • 2 Post By countrycarrie59
  • 1 Post By HuiZ

Thread: Why Carrie and Brad Are Country Music's Platonic Johnny & June :)

Concert Stars

Why Carrie and Brad Are Country Music's Platonic Johnny & June :)

Cute video and awesome comparison to Johnny and June!

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Host 2013 CMAs | Video

It’s a six-peat for Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley! The down-home hosts with the most will be helming the 47th annual Country Music Association Awards this November. In honor of country’s new platonic Johnny and June, we’ve rounded up 3 of Carrie and Brad's funniest tag team moments from their 6-year streak on the CMAs stage.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for posting Tee. I love all three skits, and especially "gangman style".
    oldyfan likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ love this and me too...gangnam style is like the best thing ever!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie and Brad have a chemistry and respect for each other that is rarely duplicated. IMO, the CMA committee struck gold when they paired these two up, and perhaps at the time even they didn't know what a great match these two would be.

Carrie and Brad both seem to have respect within the industry, and I wouldn't be surprised if these two were the future of "young" country. They both seem to have a respect for both new and old traditions, and they are both hailed as great talents (in different areas), as well as humble people, as well.

Carrie and Brad both seem like they feel as if they have a genuine kinship with country music they want to move forward. Carrie and Brad could both do great things AND follow in some legendary footsteps in the future, for sure. If any two people have the chemistry, talent, personalities and respect to follow in the footsteps of Johnny and June, Brad and Carrie immediately come to mind.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I like to think of Brad and Carrie as the next Conway and Loretta...they just need to do more duets to catch up! I had a double cassette set of Conway and Loretta duets.
    teesharky, HuiZ, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    In response to my own post...this makes me want to hear Brad and Carrie sing After the Fire is Gone. Probably my favorite duet by Conway and Loretta ever.
    oldyfan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I agree entirely with Carrieflattsfan. I love Carrie and Brad together. They work so well together. I hope they continue to host the CMA Awards for years to come.
    oldyfan, rainbow1 and mbh like this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Like every year they get funnier
    oldyfan likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    to me, carrie and brad are more like conway and loretta. after the fire is gone would be great love that song. conway and loretta has so many great songs together. so miss conway what a lost to country music, and to all of us fans. sure do miss this kind of country music. sure would love for carrie to do an all country music album she would be awesome. I would buy it in a heart beat.
    oldyfan, rainbow1 and hjj like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countrycarrie59 View Post
    to me, carrie and brad are more like conway and loretta. after the fire is gone would be great love that song. conway and loretta has so many great songs together. so miss conway what a lost to country music, and to all of us fans. sure do miss this kind of country music. sure would love for carrie to do an all country music album she would be awesome. I would buy it in a heart beat.
    Conway and Loretta had such a great friendship and were so much fun to watch perform together. That's how I feel about Brad and Carrie. At least we did get them performing Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man on Carrie's holiday special, but I would like to see them cover more Conway and Loretta.
    oldyfan likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Conway and Loretta had a very special chemistry and love and admiration with respect for each other. Lorettas eyes would just light up and sparkle when Conway would sing to her and when they sang together they had that undeniable love for each other. I don't mean affairs or anything like that I hope you all no what I mean? Now Brad and Carrie have that very special chemistry also and love and respect for each other and they do remind me of Conway and Loretta.
    hjj and oldyfan like this.

My favourite from them so far is the Tim and Faith Barbies. HILARIOUS! And Carrie looks soooooooo comfortable (and super hot!) up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Carrie and Brad have a chemistry and respect for each other that is rarely duplicated. IMO, the CMA committee struck gold when they paired these two up, and perhaps at the time even they didn't know what a great match these two would be.

Carrie and Brad both seem to have respect within the industry, and I wouldn't be surprised if these two were the future of "young" country. They both seem to have a respect for both new and old traditions, and they are both hailed as great talents (in different areas), as well as humble people, as well.

Carrie and Brad both seem like they feel as if they have a genuine kinship with country music they want to move forward. Carrie and Brad could both do great things AND follow in some legendary footsteps in the future, for sure. If any two people have the chemistry, talent, personalities and respect to follow in the footsteps of Johnny and June, Brad and Carrie immediately come to mind.
    Have they ever mentioned who came up with the brilliant idea of pairing them up as hosts?
    oldyfan likes this.

•