Like Tree25Likes
  • 20 Post By CarrieUK
  • 1 Post By liveasong
  • 3 Post By CarrieUK
  • 1 Post By Marie2011

Thread: Blown Away Live DVD Review (+ bonus video details)

Blown Away Live DVD Review (+ bonus video details)

Hi everyone!

I was lucky enough to get a sneaky preview of the Blown Away Live DVD to review for UKCountryMusic.net. My full review was published this morning, & can be seen here;

As fans of Carrie Underwood know, a tour DVD has been in demand for a while now. Two arena tours have passed, seeing Carrie perform to over 2.2 million fans, but finally, the third time’s the charm. The Blown Away Tour: Live DVD is here – and it was well worth the wait.

Shot just this past March, the DVD’s main feature sees Carrie stun a lucky Ontario, California crowd with over 100 minutes of high-energy modern country music. If you were fortunate enough to attend one of Carrie’s lower key UK shows this year or last, the DVD (filmed in front 11,000 capacity sold out crowd) will show you just how Carrie utilises a huge arena stateside, and boy, does she put on a show.

Intriguingly separated into 4 acts (entitledStorm Warning, Lightning, Calm and Twister) it’s obvious why this was one of the hottest tours of 2012/13, being just one in a 112 show stretch that touched down in three continents and six countries. Without giving too much away (this is a show you need to see to believe) you will not want to miss the moment Carrie takes to the skies and soars 150 feet above a clearly elated crowd. The show’s Encore is also stunningly beautiful. I Know You Won’t‘s stripped back simplicity showcases the incredible power and purity of Carrie’s voice, while Blown Away is the epitome of a theatrical finale.

Carrie is a true professional throughout the entire show, effortlessly breezing through a vocally challenging set list consisting of 12 #1 singles (20 tracks in total) – it’s pretty evident why she finished 2012 as Pollstar’s Top Female Country Touring Artist. Ranging from the sassy Before He Cheats to the angelic How Great Thou Art (a track merged with one of Carrie’s earliest hits, Jesus, Take The Wheel), the show’s set list really does touch on every aspect of the Country superstar’s personality, whilst perfectly balancing ballads with up-tempo crowd pleasers.

However, it’s not only Carrie’s world famous voice that makes this show so stunning. The Blown Away Tour boasts incredible visuals splashed across 3,000 square feet of video walls, proving why Carrie is one of America’s best all round entertainers. Perhaps she says it best herself in the DVD’s bonus footage; this isn’t just a concert, it’s “an event… a movie come to life”. Yet, it’s a true testament to Carrie’s star power that, though standing at just 5’3″, she is never overpowered by the towering screens behind her. This is no more evident than in the first two minutes of the show, audible gasps are heard as the elaborate set transforms for Carrie’s entrance, but as soon as she takes to the stage, all eyes are most definitely on her.

You can read more here: ukCOUNTRYmusic.NET - Carrie Underwood ?The Blown Away Tour: Live? DVD Review (However, the next 2 paragraphs are discussing the bonus videos - they may contain spoilers!)

love the review

Concert Stars
    awesome review!

Concert Stars
    Thank you...great review....didn't read the spoilers!!

Concert Stars
    Wow wonderful review!! Tx so much! I cannot wait to get my copy tuesday!

Concert Stars
    Awesome review!!!

Don't kill me for asking this, but I really want to know! How were her vocals? I'm asking because she was sick that night!
    mtreasmith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Awesome review!!!

Don't kill me for asking this, but I really want to know! How were her vocals? I'm asking because she was sick that night!
    I honestly think that if you didn't already know Carrie was sick, you wouldn't be able to tell. There were a couple of (rare) off notes, mainly in How Great Thou Art. However, I think it just added to the rawness and 'realness' of the DVD. For every time she couldn't quite hit a note due to illness, there were 50 flawless, incredibly powerful notes that make you completely forget about the others.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great reviews of Carrie's BA Tour DVD

Concert Stars
    Awesome review! Can't wait to get this!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Great review, Emily. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you so much for the amazing review! I'm even more excited now and I didn't think that was possible.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/ca...ay/id674861323 its available on itunes tweet to spread the word
    oldyfan likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Just purchased mine from iTunes! Wow, another Carrie concert!

•