Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By Naco1776
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By pgk
  • 3 Post By Mirasa45A

Thread: 'American Idol' on the Charts: Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry Among Top Artists of All Time

Ultimate Carrie Fan

'American Idol' on the Charts: Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry Among Top Artists of All Time

Chart fans the world over know the name Joel Whitburn. The resident of Menomonee Falls, Wisc. started publishing books that track the Billboard charts some 43 years ago and any chart fanatic worth his or her salt has a library of Whitburn books, including the brand-new 14th edition of Top Pop Singles, which distils stats from the Billboard pop singles chart into an easy-to-look-up format.

At the back of Top Pop Singles, Whitburn compiles a list of the top 500 artists of all time, updating it with each new edition. The just-released 2013 volume lists three American Idol alums among the top 500, each one improving upon their ranking in the previous edition.

Also rising on the top 500 is Carrie Underwood, who was No. 205 last time. Now she ranks No. 150, right below an also-rising Lady Gaga (No. 149) and above Eric Clapton (No. 151), Genesis (No. 152) and LL Cool J (No. 153).

'American Idol' on the Charts: Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry Among Top Artists of All Time

Concert Stars
    Nice! I wonder what factors they look at though as Carrie should be ahead if kelly- unless they count pop airplay more heavily. Country charts don't get as much AIs etc.

Also- kelly has a 4 year jump on carrie so that is 4 years of chart success before carrie even won Idol.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Nice! I wonder what factors they look at though as Carrie should be ahead if kelly- unless they count pop airplay more heavily. Country charts don't get as much AIs etc.

Also- kelly has a 4 year jump on carrie so that is 4 years of chart success before carrie even won Idol.

Actually I thought this was a list of pop artists on the pop charts. And Carrie's ranking on such a chart is quite an achievement. We all know she's number 1 on the country charts. And yes Kelly and others have a head start so I don't know the methodology used here.

Concert Stars
    yay glad she is moving up!

Carrie Guru
    To me, Carrie is still the # 1 Idol. Carrie earns about $ 31 million in 2013.

Carrie Underwood - $31 million - In Photos: The Ten Top-Earning Country Music Acts of 2013 - Forbes

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Carrie has been the #1 Idol for awhile now.

•