Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Forbes Most Powerful Celebrities 2013

  1. #1
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,876
    Concert Stars

    Forbes Most Powerful Celebrities 2013

    Carrie comes in at # 46 with a marketability rank of 14.
    She needs more endorsements.:-)

    The World?s Most Powerful Celebrities List - Forbes

    intersting list with only 3 country stars Toby, Carrie,Kenny
    curious the country power couple isn't there.Wonder were they rank overall.

  • #2
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,781
    Concert Stars
    Tx for posting this madkatt! I am not near a computer so I was gonna beg someone to post this.

    Carrie is 2nd in country behind only Toby who rakes in the $ every year- and she beat Kenny!!
    funny she is right behind Howard Stern. Lol

    I am very impressed that carrie is 14th most marketable in the world! Wow!
    maddkat, glenn7, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

  • #3
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Carrie comes in at # 46 with a marketability rank of 14.
    She needs more endorsements.:-)

    The World?s Most Powerful Celebrities List - Forbes

    intersting list with only 3 country stars Toby, Carrie,Kenny
    curious the country power couple isn't there.Wonder were they rank overall.
    Thank you for the link.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,472
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Carrie comes in at # 46 with a marketability rank of 14.
    She needs more endorsements.:-)

    The World?s Most Powerful Celebrities List - Forbes

    intersting list with only 3 country stars Toby, Carrie,Kenny
    curious the country power couple isn't there.Wonder were they rank overall.
    Oh goodness Donna, you were reading my mind!!! Yes, where oh where is the shoved down our throats, golden couple on the list??? Oh that's right, the public has kinda spoken and at best its very lukewarm toward ML. I find it interesting that Carrie is the only country female artist and she's smack dab in the middle between Toby and Kenny!

    Also agree that she needs more endorsements. Goodness knows whatever she would support would sell like hotcakes!!!! But just like other moves in her career, she's building her brand slowly and that's why I believe we haven't seen nothing yet as far as her brand growth. Carrie has just scratched the surface of things she wants to do and places she wants to go.

    Said it before and I'll say it again -- we're watching a LEGEND folks. A lasting legend!!!!

  • #5
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Tx for posting this madkatt! I am not near a computer so I was gonna beg someone to post this.

    Carrie is 2nd in country behind only Toby who rakes in the $ every year- and she beat Kenny!!
    funny she is right behind Howard Stern. Lol

    I am very impressed that carrie is 14th most marketable in the world! Wow!
    I found that interesting. Carrie ranked well above others, such as Beyonce, in marketability that I would have intuitively thought would have been more marketable since they appear to have a bigger presence. Obviously my intuition was incorrect. I read a little bit about their methodology and they changed their formulas this year. In the past they put more weight on magazine covers but they changed it pretty much to eliminate the reality TV 'stars' that work the tabloid media.
    rainbow1 likes this.

  • #6
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,376
    Concert Stars
    Yaayuhhhh!!!! Pretty darn impressive!!!!

  • #7
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    From the statistic given, we can discern that "Carrie Underwood" stature and Brand Name as an artist are huge !

  • #8
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,781
    Concert Stars
    Sco- do you have a link to the factors they use in most marketable list!? I am very curious. Tx!

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,546
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    From the statistic given, we can discern that "Carrie Underwood" stature and Brand Name as an artist are huge !
    Carrie Underwood brand is very classy and influential brand.
    DaisyTweets likes this.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    That marketablility ranking helped her a great deal in the overall rankings.

    And it seems clear to me, if she pursued some of the standard practices of celebrities in branding, advertizing, and marketing (fragrances/clotheslines/high profile corporate sponsorships...) she could easily be doing much better than she is.

    I believe Carrie Underwood plans and stratagizes the things that are important to her and her life and her families (husband and future children) lives and also her brand, and comes to the decissions she and her team make about what she is willing to sell her name and image to.

    And for those of us who are impressed with big numbers and "forbes rankings", we are usually let down.
    Not by her potencial, But by her choices in life that seem to be about other things than making huge amounts of money and having her image plastered on Pizza boxs (Ouch!)

  • #11
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,472
    I wonder what Carrie thinks when she sees stuff like this Forbes list? The money part might not be too accurate but it sure is cool to see stuff like the marketability rating because that ranking seems to kinda be determined by some pretty impartial people (ie. not diehard fans trying to keep their girl out there).

    It will be so fun to see this list next year after the fall she's gonna have between football and Sound of Music. The football gig could potential put her in front of some eyes that just may not have seen too much of her in past. And if that's the case, I'm thinkin' people are REALLY going to like what they see and hear. So I'm guessing that next year all those rankings are going to go up!!!!

  • #12
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,472
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    That marketablility ranking helped her a great deal in the overall rankings.

    And it seems clear to me, if she pursued some of the standard practices of celebrities in branding, advertizing, and marketing (fragrances/clotheslines/high profile corporate sponsorships...) she could easily be doing much better than she is.

    I believe Carrie Underwood plans and stratagizes the things that are important to her and her life and her families (husband and future children) lives and also her brand, and comes to the decissions she and her team make about what she is willing to sell her name and image to.

    And for those of us who are impressed with big numbers and "forbes rankings", we are usually let down.
    Not by her potencial, But by her choices in life that seem to be about other things than making huge amounts of money and having her image plastered on Pizza boxs (Ouch!)
    Well I think one thing is certain Paddy, after advertisers see this list, I'd be willing to bet that Carrie and her manager's doors are going to be knocked on by lots and lots and lots of people with some very interesting deals and opportunities!!!!


  • #13
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Carrie only puts her name and image behind things she really, truly believes in. I respect her for that.

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,781
    Concert Stars
    Did I read it right that Carrie is ranked 14th in marketability while taylor was 41? Lol ha! That right there tells you carrie is more marketable among adults as ts is limited in appeal to teens and kids.
    rainbow1, judes and robinannhunt like this.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,876
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Well I think one thing is certain Paddy, after advertisers see this list, I'd be willing to bet that Carrie and her manager's doors are going to be knocked on by lots and lots and lots of people with some very interesting deals and opportunities!!!!

    I think those people have been knocking at Carrie's door for years now.She's chosen not to answer many of those knocks.As Jess said she only supports/advertises things she really believes in or actually uses.I can't see that changing in the future.

  • #16
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Elmwood
    Posts
    285
    I have a question. Whatever became of her contract with Oil Of Olay? I don't see anymore ads with her in them. Was it only for one year?

  • #17
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by kdprouty View Post
    I have a question. Whatever became of her contract with Oil Of Olay? I don't see anymore ads with her in them. Was it only for one year?
    I still see commercials every once in a while, and the occasional ad in a magazine (though I don't read magazines too often).

  • #18
    Ban Hammered
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    87
    Marketability clearly equals “Likeable”. For Instance, Sandra Bullock has a #1 marketability score and Kanye West has a marketability score of #99. Good behavior and not having a bunch of bad press can easily bring that score up for anyone though. I don’t think it necessarily means earning potential though since top ten is full of people with a marketability score of 20 Plus, Madonna is at #75 and she’s the top earning star on the list.

    I wouldn’t be so certain about Carrie moving up next year though, she will probably fall off completely because there will be no tour. The entire eligibility period Carrie had her very successful 100 tour date as well as a new album all within the eligibility period.

    For Instance, Adele during there period earned 35 million dollars, won a Goldon Globe, Grammy and Oscar, probably sold more albums then ANYONE and still fell off the list this year. Live in the moment and celebrate this as next year is not certain for sure.

  • #19
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Sco- do you have a link to the factors they use in most marketable list!? I am very curious. Tx!
    Here's the link to their methodology The Celebrity 100: How We Create The List - Forbes
    opry051008 likes this.

  • #20
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    It's kinda silly to see Howard Stern so low with that kind of money coming in, though. x) I understand he's not "marketable" or whatever, but I mean, the only two people making more money than him are Madonna and Steven Spielberg.

    Or I'm extremely biased toward Howard. Either way.


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Oz: The Great and Powerful
      By maddkat in forum Movies
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-27-2013, 11:32 PM
    2. Powerful national anthem rings through TD Garden
      By JB172 in forum Current Events
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 04-18-2013, 08:31 AM
    3. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
    4. Carrie at #7 on Forbes 'Top Earning Woman in Music' list
      By CarrieUK in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 12-18-2011, 05:36 AM
    5. Carrie on forbes best paid celebs under 30!
      By jpmynatt in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 06-13-2011, 07:20 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •