• 2 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 1 Post By gwade82
  • 2 Post By PRGuy79
  • 2 Post By maddkat

Thread: Review: 'See You Again' music video

Review: 'See You Again' music video

Review: Carrie Underwood delivers on 'See You Again' music video

Country singer Carrie Underwood’s new music video for “See You Again” was posted on June 7 on her official YouTube channel.
    It was directed by Eric Welch. Carrie co-wrote the song with Hillary Lindsey and David Hodges. Ever since its release on YouTube, the video has racked up well over 924,000 views and it is certain to hit one million views within the next few days. It is her fourth single from her critically acclaimed “Blown Away” album and the follow-up to “Two Black Cadillacs.”
    After eleven weeks, “See You Again” sits at No. 13 on the Billboard Hot Country Airplay charts (for the week ending June 22, 2013).
    Dressed in an elegant white gown, Carrie looks stunning in the music video and her vocals are powerful and emotional. It’s a compelling story song and in the video she pays tribute to the military members that are away from home. Many fans will certainly relate to the song’s moving message and what makes it a great tune is that it can have different meanings to different people.
    The Verdict
    Carrie Underwood's “See You Again” is a music video that fans will want to “see” over and over again. Although it may not be the best track on “Blown Away,” it is still an incredible vocal performance by Carrie and its video is a gem (my personal favorite song on the album is the Grammy-winning title track). This may be the song that can help her reclaim the “Female Vocalist of the Year” award at the upcoming Country Music Association (CMA) awards this fall. :-D

Read more: Review: Carrie Underwood delivers on 'See You Again' music video

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    This may be the song that can help her reclaim the “Female Vocalist of the Year” award at the upcoming Country Music Association (CMA) awards this fall. :-D
    She deserved with all her music no one is vocally better than her but the rules of these awards are different right? But I hope this time they recognize her work and dedication but I don't put much expectation anymore.
    pgk and carriefan13 like this.

Agree, but is always good to know that people want the FVOTF award for Carrie. :-D
    DizzyDollyDee and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    YEs the rules are something similar to "the female you most want to win an award"!
    So there is not much to winning beyond being "picked to win".
    But I sure hope she can get picked again.
    I think the fact that she is by far the best singer is completely ignored by all voters at this point.
    Cause it is not a matter of taste. IT is a matter of fact. So clearly they are not voting on singing.
    The nominees just happen to sing. Some much better than others!!
    pgk likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    YEs the rules are something similar to "the female you most want to win an award"!
    So there is not much to winning beyond being "picked to win".
    But I sure hope she can get picked again.
    I think the fact that she is by far the best singer is completely ignored by all voters at this point.
    Cause it is not a matter of taste. IT is a matter of fact. So clearly they are not voting on singing.
    The nominees just happen to sing. Some much better than others!!
    It has nothing to do with being the best singer. Obviously that's true. What pisses me off is that she has consistently had greater commercial and critical success than Miranda and yet Miranda may tie Reba and Martina bc of one song? LOL the awards don't even mean anything at this point. If no one remembers you your award wins don't matter anyway.
    Becca
    nccountrygal, hjj, pgk and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    YEah, I can honestly say, and this is not hatin' its just true; there is no way that Miranda has sung 4 different songs so much better than Carrie and produced them so much better and had so much more commerical success with them that she deserves to win the Best Female Vocalist of The Year.

Not Four Times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    It has nothing to do with being the best singer. Obviously that's true. What pisses me off is that she has consistently had greater commercial and critical success than Miranda and yet Miranda may tie Reba and Martina bc of one song? LOL the awards don't even mean anything at this point. If no one remembers you your award wins don't matter anyway.
    Becca
    Gosh isn't this the truth!!! It's Carrie that's made the impact on country music and paved the way for the new generation of entertainers. Carrie is the legend and she'll be remembered long after she sings her final note!!!

pklongbeach likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    YEah, I can honestly say, and this is not hatin' its just true; there is no way that Miranda has sung 4 different songs so much better than Carrie and produced them so much better and had so much more commerical success with them that she deserves to win the Best Female Vocalist of The Year.

Not Four Times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS!!! And its a total and utterly complete joke that she's received two, count them two ETOTY nominations. All the shoving and pushing and still at best the public is lukewarm to ML.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    Gosh isn't this the truth!!! It's Carrie that's made the impact on country music and paved the way for the new generation of entertainers. Carrie is the legend and she'll be remembered long after she sings her final note!!!
    That sounds creepy! lol

Concert Stars
    Back to the song though, I am so happy with this particular video.
    It feels like it was made for the mainstream public.
    Its great for grad / farwells / Vacations / .............. so many things in peoples lives.

And it touches so close to home while we are celebrating our country this summer.

I could not be happier!! Ok, well maybe there could have been fireworks!! Ha ha ha then I would be exstatic!
    Cathie Wynkoop and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    That sounds creepy! lol
    ha ha ha ha......

Concert Stars
    btw, Simon, I expect you to post some of your favorite music on the new "Favorite Jam" thread.

I want to know what you listen to when no one knows.
    simonplay likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie does deserve to in the CMA for FVOTY again with her vid SYA

Concert Stars
    ^^ totally agree!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarieu View Post
    She deserved with all her music no one is vocally better than her but the rules of these awards are different right? But I hope this time they recognize her work and dedication but I don't put much expectation anymore.
    I don't care about archaic rules, if there is a better vocalist then give her the award. Since there is not a better vocalist then give it to Carrie" the most deserved" and create some other lame name award for all the vocal wannabee's . These associations should hide in their embarrassment.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Great review! I've heard nothing but praise for the video. It seems to be touching a lot of people - meeting a need when they need it most. These are the kinds of things that will last long after the song is played on the radio as a hit single.
    pklongbeach and liz278 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's gonna be hard to take , with BA,TBC and SYA all within the eligibility period this year,( harder then before because these are three amazing song) if Carrie doesn't take home FVOTY.Since their chosen one even states that Carrie should win it maybe they'll listen. But not counting on it.
    Last edited by maddkat; 06-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    epicamends and DaisyTweets like this.

Concert Stars
    Yeah but miranda had Mamas Broken Heart and now her 5th single so I can just see the justifications for snubbing Carrie again at cmas. Just watch. Lol

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Yeah but miranda had Mamas Broken Heart and now her 5th single so I can just see the justifications for snubbing Carrie again at cmas. Just watch. Lol
    You are probably right but Carrie had two great songs (BA and TBC in the eligibility period) and her tour grossed $50 million in the eligibility period so Carrie should win FVOTY! Miranda had one good song (MBH) in the eligibility period. I don't think Faster Girl in Town went gold or hit no. 1. However, as history has shown Miranda will probably be the chosen one once again so I am not going to get my hopes up at all.

When even Miranda has said more than once that Carrie should win, that says a lot. All I can do is hope the voters heard that, but I won't hold my breath.

•