Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Press Release 5/28/2013: Blown Away Tour...

Concert Stars

Press Release 5/28/2013: Blown Away Tour...

CARRIE UNDERWOOD BLOWS AWAY FANS ACROSS THREE CONTINENTS AND SIX COUNTRIES AS HER “BLOWN AWAY TOUR” WRAPS WITH ONE MILLION FANS ATTENDING

All 2013 SHOWS SOLD OUT
    Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood wrapped her international “Blown Away Tour” last week having performed 112 shows in 110 cities before one million fans across three continents and six countries since its launch last spring. Carrie’s headline arena tour played throughout the United States as well as Canada, Ireland, England, Northern Ireland and Australia, boasting mostly sell-outs in 2012 and all sell-outs during the 2013 leg.
    Concert review critics praised Carrie throughout the tour’s run. “Thousands of fans on their feet throughout the opening number, singing along with every word, clapping their hands to the beat; that’s what it looks like when a bona fide star in the prime of her career comes through town,” said the Yakima Herald. The Hamilton Spectator shared, “the highlight of the show was the vocal display she put on for the show’s finale, ‘Blown Away.’” “Underwood gave a passionate nearly hour-and-forty minute performance, which kept the sold-out crowd enchanted throughout the evening,” stated the Lansing State Journal and the Charleston Gazette claimed, “her powerhouse vocals, shining stage presence, ostentatious and ever-changing wardrobe and extravagant concert accoutrement kept the audience’s attention for the duration of her set, which featured a solid mix of fan favorites both old and new.”
    Interesting by the numbers details on Carrie’s “Blown Away Tour” include bringing 9 buses and 16 trucks with 89 tour personnel to each city, including support acts, who traveled over 605,000 total miles through the life of the tour. Her state-of-the-art stage production included 575,424 individual LED lights in 3,000 square feet of video walls,23,063 feet of lighting cable (which is 4.36 miles!) with 172 different colors used in the show’s lighting. Carrie and her band flew 150 feet above the audience at every show at a speed of .3 feet per second on a B-stage that weighed 5,890 pounds. To create the “Blown Away” tornado at each concert, 450 CO2 tanks and 222 Nitrogen tanks were used. Over 2,600 pounds of confetti were diffused into the air and 408 beach balls were blown up to toss to the fans. Backstage, tour personnel consumed 22,636 bottles of vitaminwater® and smartwater®.
    Carrie’s two previous headline tours, 2008’s “Carnival Ride Tour” and 2010’s “Play On Tour,” performed for a combined total of nearly 250 shows with 2.2 million fans in attendance. She wrapped 2008, 2010, and 2012 as the top female country touring artist.
    Charitable contributions from tour proceeds were made to the American Red Cross and Canadian Red Cross, as well as local charities in Atlantic City, New Jersey and Des Moines, Iowa.
    The North American dates were presented and hydrated by vitaminwater®.
    Since releasing her debut album in 2005, Carrie has sold over 15 million albums and placed 17 No. 1 singles on the charts. Her recent album, Blown Away, made history by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at No. 1. The now platinum-selling Blown Away album also debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1. She is a six-time Grammy winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry.
    Follow Carrie on Twitter @carrieunderwood
    www.carrieunderwoodofficial.com
    www.carrieunderwood.fm

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Wow those are some cool stats listed about the tour. So happy for Carrie and her team. By all accounts the Blown Away tour was HUGELY successful!!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    love all the stats

the BA Tour smashed

Concert Stars
    ^^Agree! Also, the enormity of the staging is staggering in light of the stats given. Spectacular Blown Away tour! Will definitely miss seeing pics and videos from all the fans and venues.
    DaisyTweets, Mirasa45A and maddkat like this.

Concert Stars
    Wow, so happy for her.

IT is so important to remember how big an accomplishement it is to have these successful Tours. It is amazing.

When you read that and realize she has never even been nominated as an Entertainer by the CMA's it is just a real shame.

That these people can know this success is happening and choose to ignore it is beyond comprehension.

But she knows how hard she works and the love and success that comes from it. And her husband and family understand her love for what she is doing and how well she does it.
    And, of course, we the fans understand her. And love her. And appreciate how hard she works to hit the pavement and come out and sing hundreds of shows over years just so we can all hear her sing Live!!!

You are amazing Carrie.
    And thank you from the bottom of my heart for your willingness to put in the work so I was able to see you sing "Jesus, Take the Wheel" right in front of me.

I will never forget it!

Concert Stars
    Looks like they are finally gunning hard for cma eoty. Perfect timing with press release as voting begins July 1st.

Concert Stars
    Thank you for posting. This is the stuff that legends are made of. WOO HOO

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Wow, so happy for her.

IT is so important to remember how big an accomplishement it is to have these successful Tours. It is amazing.

When you read that and realize she has never even been nominated as an Entertainer by the CMA's it is just a real shame.

That these people can know this success is happening and choose to ignore it is beyond comprehension.

But she knows how hard she works and the love and success that comes from it. And her husband and family understand her love for what she is doing and how well she does it.
    And, of course, we the fans understand her. And love her. And appreciate how hard she works to hit the pavement and come out and sing hundreds of shows over years just so we can all hear her sing Live!!!

You are amazing Carrie.
    And thank you from the bottom of my heart for your willingness to put in the work so I was able to see you sing "Jesus, Take the Wheel" right in front of me.

I will never forget it!
    GREAT post!!!!!! Thanks, pk!!!

Concert Stars
    It's astounding, the energy she had, to do all of that!!!! The CMA voters should feel like imbeciles!!!
    cmarieu, mbh, pklongbeach and 1 others like this.

The CMAs who??? lol

Carrie is so much more than the CMAs!

As far as she enjoy her success we have to be very happy!

Congrats Carrie!!!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Go team Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concert Stars
    so awesome!

I think being asked to sing with The Rolling Stones trumps anything the CMAs could do. haha. Carrie has a lot of amazing legends on her side, and a big part of that is how amazing she is live! So glad the BA Tour was such a huge success. Still can't believe it's over.
    DizzyDollyDee and teesharky like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I think being asked to sing with The Rolling Stones trumps anything the CMAs could do. haha. Carrie has a lot of amazing legends on her side, and a big part of that is how amazing she is live! So glad the BA Tour was such a huge success. Still can't believe it's over.
    Knowing the ages of it's members, it's like "Now or Never" ..ha..ha

Insane Carrie Fan AdrianAustraliaCarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    All I want to say is that I am so proud of Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    I am so proud of Carrie too. I have to say that I will miss this tour more than any of her prior tours though. I enjoyed it the most and know from the bottom of my heart that she put everything she had into this tour and THEN SOME. What a treasure she has become.

Concert Stars
    I remember when I was still eagerly anticipating the tour starting. And now it's over!

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    The Blown Away Tour was such an amazing show! Glad I got to catch it. It's also great that they made the effort to put on shows for the international fans. How cool would it have been to see the tour in Ireland or England?? Carrie's so blessed to have such talented band and crew members who focus all their energy into putting on a great show just about every other night. 112 shows--that's just insane! How Carrie keeps her vocals that strong all the time I'll never know.

OWT.jpg
    Backstage, tour personnel consumed 22,636 bottles of vitaminwater® and smartwater®.
    ^^I was wondering about that

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Wow, so happy for her.

You are amazing Carrie.

I will never forget it!
    Agree. The voters are just sickening beyond belief. I really despise them. They should be ashamed of themselves for how they treat Carrie.

This will be the 5th year in a row that she goes home empty handed from CMAS. She hasn't won since 2008.
    pklongbeach and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Agree. The voters are just sickening beyond belief. I really despise them. They should be ashamed of themselves for how they treat Carrie.

This will be the 5th year in a row that she goes home empty handed from CMAS. She hasn't won since 2008.
    Tee, as much as it upsets me too, wouldn't it just be better to let this go? If Carrie doesn't waste her time letting the (lack of) CMA votes get to her than we shouldn't either. She is so far beyond winning these types of awards to establish her stardom. It's more about the little things for her now. Charities, singing with PS22, focusing on her personal relationships. Besides, she gets to freakin' HOST the show. She was asked to open SNF AND star in a primetime broadway show, which is a LOT more exposure than any EOTY win.
    supercarriefan and gna like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast