Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree499Likes

Thread: Blake Shelton Organizing Benefit Concert for Oklahoma on NBC

Concert Stars

Blake Shelton Organizing Benefit Concert for Oklahoma on NBC

Blake Shelton Organizing NBC Benefit Concert for Tornado Victims | Billboard

No date yet- but it will be soon. He said it will be televised on NBC.

Carrie will likely be invited since (a) She is an Okie (b) It is NBC and she has a connection with them now and (c) She is awesome.

With her tour ending Thursday-- she should be able to make it too.

Concert Stars
    I sure hope so!!!! She needs to be seen by Oklahomans, supporting. They have already shown interviews with Toby and Blake...and they have read tons of comments to the TV station, from all kinds of prominent pro atheletes from Okla....saying they want to help. Kevin Durant just gave one million dollars. I just want her to be visible to the peeps!
    teesharky and Pi314CA like this.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thats nice of him and I hope Carrie is invited. Blake seems to like and respect Carrie's talent (remember his face towards to end of HGTA?) and Carrie is an Okie and joining NBC.
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    ohh I hope she can do it!!
    teesharky and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Me too- I want her to be visible to the Okies helping out as Toby is doing alot and I think people expect her to as well.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    She needs to be visible? Really? There has been a tragedy in Carrie's home state and some of you are wanting her to "be visible" showing support. To do what? Gain fans? Show up other celebs? This is not a publicity opportunity.
    I'm sure Carrie is sending her prayers to Oklahoma, and perhaps maybe planning to donate privately. If she does participate in Blake's benefit or some other public event in support of the people of Oklahoma, she will be doing it to help out her fellow Okies, not to be visible or for personal gain.
    Good for Blake for using his connections with NBC to do something to help the folks in his home state. He and Miranda often speak of how much they love living in Oklahoma. Many country singers are from that state, so Blake should have absolutely no problem getting plenty of talent for this. I would imagine Reba has already signed on as she is a proud Okie.
    Pitocco, Hil, abbeyjones18 and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I certainly didn't mean for her own gain!!!!! That is ridiculous!!!! You don't have to tell me that this is a tragedy, believe me, we know that. Oklahoma is my home State!!
    Hil, nanna05, Farawayhills and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I certainly didn't mean for her own gain!!!!! That is ridiculous!!!! You don't have to tell me that this is a tragedy, believe me, we know that. Oklahoma is my home State!!
    I just don't think comments about Carrie doing the benefit to "be visible" are appropriate. That's all. I certainly wasn't 'telling you' it is a tragedy. We all know it's a tragedy.
    Jae and bluejeanbaby like this.

I hope Carrie does it

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    This is really kinda sad and disheartening that it seems that the arrows are getting ready to be slung at Carrie if for some reason she doesn't participate in this. I'm just shaking my head!!! Carrie has spoken loud and often how proud she is to be from Oklahoma. This is one event and it in no way shape or form should be used as some kind of measuring stick of how much Carrie cares and how charitable she is. And for crying out loud she has her CATS foundation that does stuff for Checotah and surrounding communities.

I believe that Carrie is already quite visible to the people of her home state and if, like I say, for some reason she can't participate I would hope that this isn't taken as she doesn't care.

And has it been forgotten that she's already donated quite a sizable amount of money to the Red Cross?????? And how many cities did she donate her whole concert take back to the communities when she was sick and felt she let the concert goers down??? Was it two or three?????
    liz278, supercarriefan and Hil like this.

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Most of us understand what you mean. Some on here these days seem to take a statement and then twist and run and get offended without ever really READING or UNDERSTANDING a statement. Just ignore them.

As for Oklahoma - our hearts and prayers go out to all those impacted by the horrible events of this week. I hope you and your loved ones are all safe. None of our friends where impacted for which we are very grateful. I do believe that Carrie will want to be part of this VISIBLY to help keep attention on just how devastating the tornadoes where and how the need doesn't end when the news trucks leave. If her schedule doesn't allow it (or if Blake and co don't invite her) I am sure that Carrie will do something to support her state. She is a proud Okie and a caring person.
    rainbow1 and oldyfan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by utlovescarrie View Post
    Most of us understand what you mean. Some on here these days seem to take a statement and then twist and run and get offended without ever really READING or UNDERSTANDING a statement. Just ignore them.

As for Oklahoma - our hearts and prayers go out to all those impacted by the horrible events of this week. I hope you and your loved ones are all safe. None of our friends where impacted for which we are very grateful. I do believe that Carrie will want to be part of this VISIBLY to help keep attention on just how devastating the tornadoes where and how the need doesn't end when the news trucks leave. If her schedule doesn't allow it (or if Blake and co don't invite her) I am sure that Carrie will do something to support her state. She is a proud Okie and a caring person.
    If you are going to make comments like this, perhaps you should do so privately.
    There was no "twisting" of statements or lack of reading and understanding on my part, thank you very much. I am all for Carrie appearing on a benefit or something similar for Oklahoma because she is so proud of her home state. However, I am not all for her appearing just so it looks good for the public as some were CLEARLY suggesting earlier.
    Jae and bluejeanbaby like this.

Concert Stars
    I sure hope so!!!! She needs to be seen by Oklahomans, supporting. They have already shown interviews with Toby and Blake...and they have read tons of comments to the TV station, from all kinds of prominent pro atheletes from Okla....saying they want to help. Kevin Durant just gave one million dollars. I just want her to be visible to the peeps!
    I love that Kevin and the entire Thunder organization stepped up and did what they did. I loved Toby's interview when asked if he could tell the rest of the world why folks live in Oklahoma and why he still lives in Moore to this day (along with his mom and sister). It brought me to tears!
    Hil, rainbow1 and Farawayhills like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    If you are going to make comments like this, perhaps you should do so privately.
    There was no "twisting" of statements or lack of reading and understanding on my part, thank you very much. I am all for Carrie appearing on a benefit or something similar for Oklahoma because she is so proud of her home state. However, I am not all for her appearing just so it looks good for the public as some were CLEARLY suggesting earlier.
    While I wouldn't want Carrie to make an appearance just for the sake of appearing to be seen, it would definitely be something great to do for the people in this fine state I live in. Seeing Blake, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, the Thunder organization, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert and more speaking about the tragedy and how much they love this state as the people here have always supported them and they want to do the same for Oklahomans...it kinda helps the healing process, knowing there are celebrities out there who take the time to let others know that they care. Whether it be through a monetary contribution, prayers or whatever, it all matters. Many people don't have twitter or know that Carrie donates to the Red Cross with each ticket sold. Having her just appearing on this (not even performing) and letting her fellow Okies know that she cares means a lot. If, however, she is unable to I would hope people don't hold that against her. Knowing Carrie and how much she loves this state, I can't see her not being a part of this, even if just a small part.
    rainbow1 and Farawayhills like this.

Concert Stars
    With her tour ending tomorrow, I'm almost positive Carrie will be a part of the fundraising concert. There are alot of great artists from Oklahoma, including Toby, Reba, Vince, Blake, and of course Carrie. I'm sure I'm leaving many out but yea, it's a
    talent-rich state. Again, I'll continue to pray for the people of the entire state.
    rainbow1 and OkieChick like this.

I agree with Carrie participates She'll not participate if don't invite her.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie is invited to this event because she is a fellow Okie

Concert Stars
    Agree. To not invite her would be almost cruel.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Blake Shelton Organizing NBC Benefit Concert for Tornado Victims | Billboard

No date yet- but it will be soon. He said it will be televised on NBC.

Carrie will likely be invited since (a) She is an Okie (b) It is NBC and she has a connection with them now and (c) She is awesome.

With her tour ending Thursday-- she should be able to make it too.
    I am 100 % certain that Carrie will be asked to participate .
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Agree. And Toby Keith is doing a benefit too now- so maybe carrie will do both.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast