Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smokyiiis

Thread: Carrie Underwood Pranks Tourmate Hunter Hayes With Screaming Goats

Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood Pranks Tourmate Hunter Hayes With Screaming Goats

Carrie Underwood pranks tourmate Hunter Hayes with screaming goats - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 19, 2013 - Country superstar Carrie Underwood is wrapping up her critically acclaimed Blown Away Tour this week, finishing with a handful of stops in Canada. Of course, with newcomer Hunter Hayes on board, a tour would not be the same without a few pranks thrown in along the way.
    Related topics

At last night's (May 18) show at the Rexall Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Hayes became the center of attention with a series of pranks crafted by the cleverly masterful Underwood.
    "Hunter Hayes' last show on the #BlownAwayTour = time for pranks!" Underwood proclaimed moments before the hilarity was unleashed on the unsuspecting singer (and subsequently the entire arena's concert goers).
    She added, posting a photo of a goat screaming, "Need I say more?"

During Hayes' performance of "Light Me Up," off his 2011 self-titled Atlantic Records debut, the infamously viral goat joined in on the chorus, sending wrinkles of laughter throughout the audience.

This year alone, the unnamed goat has wreaked havoc on such artists as Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Underwood, Katy Perry, Celine Dion, Maroon 5 and Miley Cyrus, among many others.
    Over the course of the past eight months, Underwood has taken her chart-topping hits (ranging from her latest singles "Blown Away" and "Two Black Cadillacs" to her pop crossover smash "Before He Cheats") across the globe, spanning three continents. Last summer, the 30-year-old singer-songwriter performed her first string of shows in the UK, including at the world-famous Royal Albert Hall, a show that sold-out in under 90 minutes. She then took her extravagant staging, movable screens and powerhouse vocals to Australia, as well as Ireland.

At the close of 2012, Underwood was honored as the No. 1 Country solo female touring artist for the year, grossing a whopping $29.2 million. Hitting up 55 cities just last year, Underwood went about proving that she is of "Entertainer of the Year" quality, despite never earning recognition by the Country Music Association. Unlike previous headlining tours, the Oklahoma belter pulled out all the stops for the most ambitious over-the-top production, complete with colorful backdrop panels and gorgeous costumes, and a 23-song setlist that showcased her dynamic performance style and vocal range.

Once the tour wraps on Thursday, May 23, many of the set pieces and costumes will be displayed in the upcoming Carrie Underwood: Blown Away Tour exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. The illustrious exhibit is set to open during CMA week on Wednesday, June 5 and will remain open until November 10.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Here we go another end of the tour like Carrie said at the end of her 2010 tour "there's gonna be some shenanigans here tonight"

Concert Stars
    haha she's so awesome!

Concert Stars
    Can someone please tell me why Hunter is not finishing out the tour with Carrie? Is someone replacing him in the last couple of shows?

Concert Stars
    I am thinking she added these dates later if I am remembering correctly. These two dates were not originally on the tour. I may be wrong so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Concert Stars
    Any images of the goat attack??

New Carrie Fan
    Edmonton was supposed to be the last show, so methinks it has to do with contracts. Moose Jaw, Dawson Creek, Prince George, and Abbotsford were added after.

•