Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood "I Don't Feel Old Enough To Have Kids"

Junior Carrie Follower

Carrie Underwood "I Don't Feel Old Enough To Have Kids"

This was posted on OMG! From Yahoo.com

omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!

Her honesty may come back to haunt her. She's taking a beating on comments about this article. People are reading a lot more into her comments than what she may have intended. Hopefully, we as fans can support on this.
    rainbow1, Marie2011 and teesharky like this.

We also don't know where that part about being her being the guy came into the actual article in Marie Claire because that part wasn't included in the part they have released. So who knows...these places take pieces of interviews out of context and run it w/o the before and after of the statement.

This certainly isn't the first time this has happened to Carrie and I'm certain it won't be the last. I can't wait until I can read the ENTIRE article.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ ditto!

Concert Stars
    Wow.. I was thinking about how a like me and Carrie are on certain things.. she is far from a cold person as some are saying.. I'm a lot like her.. I would do anything for my friends and family.. I'm just reserved when it come to some things.. Here's what I need to remember about the internet.. never read the comments below articles. NEVER
    JB172 and nccountrygal like this.

"As far as guys and love go, I take the role of being the guy in the relationship"
    I'm screaming.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I started reading the comments, but stopped because literally everyone I saw was negative. Ahh I hate it

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    Wow.. I was thinking about how a like me and Carrie are on certain things.. she is far from a cold person as some are saying.. I'm a lot like her.. I would do anything for my friends and family.. I'm just reserved when it come to some things.. Here's what I need to remember about the internet.. never read the comments below articles. NEVER
    Don't read the comments is a very good piece of advice.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    lol, why ever read the comments or take them seriously if you do?

Ty
    I can't believe you guys still get worked up over comment sections.
    JB172, HuiZ and supercarriefan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Don't read the comments is a very good piece of advice.
    I agree...when I see several negative comments in a row and makes me feel like everyone who reads the article will feel similar. I know that isn't true, but still. I am glad Carrie has said herself she doesn't read stuff online because if I was a celeb doing that would definitely depress me.

Concert Stars
    Taylor Swift trolls. They comment the same BS on every single Carrie article. LOL.

I can't believe you guys are not recognizing them by now...

Hil
    I think everyone has known this about Carrie for some time. She's always said she's very quiet and not much of a people person.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    When she first started out and did not say anything other than PC answers to everything she got labeled as being boring now she does say things and people have to make negative comments about that is just another example of why not to read the comments sections of any article.
    rainbow1 and Carrieflattsfan like this.

Concert Stars
    The same Haz Bin Taylor tard Troll is spamming the EOnline article too- calling her a bad person for not wanting kids yet. It is not the 1950s jerk. If she is not ready- she is not ready. He is such a psycho with his multiple fake screen bames.
    pklongbeach and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    YEah, I started getting worked about the comments I was reading and all of a sudden it just seemed real obvious that the energy was coming from one sourse.

The world does not hate Carrie Underwood. But there is one guy in particular who has a real issue!

He must be secretly ccrushing on her or he would not have committed his life to her.

Ban Hammered
    I honestly don't think all negative comments for Carrie are from Taylor Swift fans. Why would they be really? I know for a fact that some Kelly Clarkson fans dislike Carrie because there is this thing about who's more successful. So really, don't let your dislike for Taylor make you naive enough to think that only tween/teen Taylor fans would dislike Carrie and write a negative comment about her. Y'all don't really think that do you?

Besides aren't Taylor fans too busy having a feud with the directioners/cyrus camp to bother 30 y/o Carrie? Or perhaps they are too busy filling football stadiums to watch Taylor perform?
    judes likes this.

Concert Stars
    It is one rabid Taylor fan who goes by several fake accounts on every carrie article there is. He uses the term Haz Bin alot and the same basic insults everywhere he spams carrie. His real name is Ben. He has conversations with himself and logs in with his multiple fake accounts to trash carrie multiple times and make it look like everyone hates her- which is not true. One of the blog owners told me in confidence it is all the same ip address.
    Last edited by teesharky; 05-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl64 View Post
    . Hopefully, we as fans can support on this.
    Absolutely - 110%, if that were possible.

Although I haven't seen the whole article yet, the part I have read amounts to the best write-up of Carrie I think I've yet seen.

I must confess, I was expecting yet another article concentrating on her clothes and the "celebrity trivia" angle. What we get looks like being one of the most insightful accounts of her background, life view and artistry.

An article which appears to be putting the Opry and her role in contemporary music above the perennial "Idol" identification is long overdue. The quotes from Brad Paisley and Pete Fisher blew me away (OK - close fans already know how they feel - but to see them in a mass circulation non-music paper is just wonderful)

And - hopefully, not offending anyone - I'm going to say how pleased I am to see a more rounded assessment of Carrie's personality than that cosy, rather insipid, portrayal of her as the stereotyped ingenue that so much of the media seems to have perpetuated. That fantasy image never rang true for me - one thing I never thought of Carrie as was "mushy". Her more memorable songs have always stressed her interest in the edgier, darker side of art - and it can't be a surprise to many fans to hear that she's not a great fan of softer love songs.

Her views on close personal contact with strangers are surely not a big surprise either - and nothing to be ashamed of. They were expressed in the interview with a genuine sense of gratitude and respect for fans. No one should blame Carrie for not being an automatic "huggy-feely" person. She has the respect of her genuine friends - and that, and her generous concerns for others tell of a warmth of character that goes beyond superficial signs.

Her views on not wanting children yet are a personal matter - they're also consistent with what she's said before about the "far future". I can't appreciate the apparent obsession of some of the media with this aspect of any woman's life.

If it's the "guy in the relationship" phrase which is troubling some readers - I suggest they take it in the context. It's pretty obvious to me that what she's saying is that she's not the one who puts the most store by conventional romantic gestures (which is the stock image of the woman in a relationship). Surely, we don't have to be bound by stereotypes of that nature in assessing anyone's character.

I think we should also bear in mind that Carrie may have more to gain than to lose by giving the public a fuller account of her perspectives than the rather limited picture of her that's tended to prevail in much of the media.

Thanks, Carrie - you have my admiration and support.

The ":)~" emoticon is that troll's new trademark.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by interestingread View Post
    I honestly don't think all negative comments for Carrie are from Taylor Swift fans. Why would they be really? I know for a fact that some Kelly Clarkson fans dislike Carrie because there is this thing about who's more successful. So really, don't let your dislike for Taylor make you naive enough to think that only tween/teen Taylor fans would dislike Carrie and write a negative comment about her. Y'all don't really think that do you?

Besides aren't Taylor fans too busy having a feud with the directioners/cyrus camp to bother 30 y/o Carrie? Or perhaps they are too busy filling football stadiums to watch Taylor perform?
    It's one person with multiple accounts and a lot of time he/she will use the names Carrie, Miranda and Kelly as part of his/her user names. I left a reply to this person once and he/she replied to me that he has over 80 user names that he never used.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast