Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: New Interview By Rep.Holt: Holt to Carrie Underwood - Stick to Singing :(

Concert Stars

New Interview By Rep.Holt: Holt to Carrie Underwood - Stick to Singing :(

New interview by Rep. Hold wherein he trashed Carrie even worse then before! Hate him now!

Holt to country star Carrie Underwood: Stick to singing on NWTNTODAY.COM

Holt told The Weakley County Press on Tuesday he’s not backing down from his comment.

Carrie Underwood is a self-proclaimed vegan vegetarian,” Holt told The Press. “She has had entanglements with the Humane Society of the United States for years. She’s proven herself to be absolutely out in left field as it relates to a lot of these animal cruelty convictions, and for that reason, I guess in my mind she has marginalized herself.

“I think she has proven herself to be not somebody who is interested in the principle law-making decisions. She’s interested in brokering the emotion associated with animal abuse, and it is a very emotional topic for a lot of individuals.”
    Holt said he challenged Underwood through Twitter, asking if she had read the entire bill.

“She never responded,” Holt said. “And I presume that she either has not read the bill or maybe she has read the bill but still will not see what is clearly written in black and white: that the ultimate goal of this legislation is to end livestock abuse as quickly as possible.”
    Holt called the Humane Society of the United States “a radical animal activist group that is basically like PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) with a suit on

------------more at link---------------------------------hate him!
    mbh likes this.

Concert Stars
    meh who cares.

He wishes he could have the power someone like Carrie has with people haha
    mbh likes this.

Concert Stars
    I would punch him in the face if I could.
    teesharky, jaylee50 and GumbyJRH like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    He just keeps digging the hole deeper and looking more and more like a jerk. Carrie is coming out looking like a hero. Her only responses to criticism have been polite and public opinion is quite clearly on her side. It's also pretty telling that the TN Press Association along with editorial boards from major newspapers have publicly come out against this bill. If it is vetoed it will be the first amendment concerns that kill it. That gives the Governor an out.
    rainbow1, mbh, JB172 and 6 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Me too. The way he spoke so dismissively of Carrie, he really sounded like an arrogant, self-important prick. He is clearly pro-agriculture and gave it away in that interview.

That is why he is so mad and going after Carrie. He is one of the people trying to help the abusers.
    liveasong, mbh, JB172 and 3 others like this.

He's a douchebag.
    teesharky, mbh, JB172 and 4 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan CarrieFan_01's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Of course he's angry, the worst thing that could happen to him trying to pass this bill is for someone very influential to step up and make people take notice, and he got that with Carrie. If it weren't for her, A LOT of people would have no clue about this and would make it much easier to pass.

I can't wait to see Carrie's response to this. I've come to really like Angry!Carrie, lol.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    meh who cares.

He wishes he could have the power someone like Carrie has with people haha

DITTO!

Carrie - please walk with "Jesus Christ, OUR SAVIOR" on the water. IGNORE "Andy Holt", a lawmaker CORRUPTED BY CORPORATE "MONEY". MOVE ON ........ and enjoy performing in the "Blown Away Live Concert Tours". People ALREADY GOT the "TRUTH"!!!!!!
    rainbow1, teesharky and JB172 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Wow i'm a conservative and i'm so embarrassed for him.. I can't grasp how he would think telling someone to stick to singing and demeaning them would be a good idea. I think next election he just might be voted out of office and rightly so. This has become is worst nightmare and he clearly doesn't see it or refuses to believe it. I am the mighty lawmaker just shut up and let me make laws and think for you.. WHAT A CREEP!!!
    teesharky, mbh, liz278 and 4 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Time for Two Black Cadillacs to come to real life!
    teesharky and nccountrygal like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan_01 View Post
    Of course he's angry, the worst thing that could happen to him trying to pass this bill is for someone very influential to step up and make people take notice, and he got that with Carrie. If it weren't for her, A LOT of people would have no clue about this and would make it much easier to pass.

I can't wait to see Carrie's response to this. I've come to really like Angry!Carrie, lol.
    Exactly. If Carrie didn't tweet about this bill, nobody would have even paid attention about this or noticed this bill. He's probably pissed that its drawing attention and people are actual looking at the bill rather than it just going under the radar and passing w/ nobody noticing or paying any attention to the bill. Wonder how many more bills like this get passed w/o people having a clue or batting an eye. I bet alot. I may not agree w/ Carrie completely on this agenda since I'm a meat eater and am not going to give up eating meat (sorry carrie) and I'm not a big animal lover but i still want my food to be safe and don't see the need in unnecessary cruelty of animals just cause. Also I think people should have a right to video tape wrongdoing and the right of freedom of press.

Maybe if this bill was tweeked a little bit both parties would be okay w/ the bill (i.e. extending the time frame someone has to turn over the video tape to police from 48 hours to maybe a week or two for example) That way it doesn't give the animal activists the right to go on a witch hunt (you know some of those animal activists are loony and go overboard....lol) to find something wrong w/ the meat industry by doing endless video taping of them until they get a violation just to promote their own agenda but at the same time gives people enough time to gather information and video tape wrongdoing for the companies that are actually being cruel to animals behind the scenes and/or not following safety rules/standards to end the abuse/food violation.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 04-27-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    liveasong, teesharky, mbh and 3 others like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_kt View Post
    Maybe if this bill was tweeked a little bit both parties would be okay w/ the billl (i.e. extending the time frame someone has to turn over the video tape to police from 78 hours to maybe a week or two for example) That way it doesn't give the animal activists the right to go on a witch hunt (you know some of those animal activists are loony and go overboard....lol) to find something wrong w/ the meat industry by doing endless video taping of them until but at the same time gives people enough time to video tape wrongdoing for the companies that are being cruel to animals and/or not following safety rules/standards.
    There really isn't any way to require people to turn over video without infringing on freedom of the press and freedom of speech. Libel and slander are already illegal. If groups produce and publish videos or stories that are false or grossly misleading they can be prosecuted. This is a 'solution' searching for a problem.

Concert Stars
    The Tennessean ‏@Tennessean 16h DAILY POLL: Should Gov. Haslam sign the "ag gag" bill? http://tnne.ws/10eZZES

Concert Stars
    everyone please vote in the poll.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I voted Tee!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Me too. The way he spoke so dismissively of Carrie, he really sounded like an arrogant, self-important prick. He is clearly pro-agriculture and gave it away in that interview.

That is why he is so mad and going after Carrie. He is one of the people trying to help the abusers.
    He is acting like a little b!tch because he was shown to be a total jackass by saying that Carrie doesn't have a right to have an opinion with despite his total bull**** excuse is exactly what he meant, he needs to grow the hell up and quit acting like a preschooler.
    Ann055, liz278, teesharky and 4 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    voted

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    everyone please vote in the poll.
    I voted.

Voted.
    teesharky likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Voted.