Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By teesharky
  • 6 Post By JB172
  • 2 Post By AdamJ

Thread: Country Weekly: Don't Mess With Carrie Underwood- You've Been Warned :)

Concert Stars

Country Weekly: Don't Mess With Carrie Underwood- You've Been Warned :)

Country Weekly ‏@countryweekly 2m Don't mess with @carrieunderwood - You've been warned... http://bit.ly/YSiLmf

Carrie Underwood Faces off With Tennessee Legislature

“Shame on TN lawmakers for passing the Ag-Gag bill,” she tweets.

Bob Paxman | Published: Apr 24, 2013
    Carrie by James White/Schmidt Relations

Animal lover has shown her displeasure over the so-called Ag-Gag bill that has been passed by the Tennessee legislature and has taken to Twitter to express her opposition.

The bill states that and organizations must report and expose incidents of animal abuse or inhumane activity to the Department of Agriculture within a 48-hour time period. Opponents claim that this is insufficient time to gather evidence and document it effectively.

The bill was passed by the House and Senate and awaits Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam’s signature.
    Carrie has urged Governor Haslam to veto the bill. “Shame on TN lawmakers for passing the Ag-Gag bill,” Carrie said via Twitter. “If Gov. Haslam signs this, he needs to expect me at his front door. Who’s with me?”
    Tennessee Representative Andy Holt apparently was not. “I think Carrie will stick to singing and I’ll stick to lawmaking,” Rep. Holt said.

Carrie responded to that comment by tweeting, “Carrie should stick to singing? Wow, sorry. I’m just a tax paying citizen concerned for the safety of my family.”

Rep. Holt later noted that his comments were misunderstood. “I work for the people of Tennessee and Carrie Underwood, being an individual who lives in the state of Tennessee, I work for her as well.”
    Check out this video of Carrie on the subject.

opry051008, glenn7, mbh and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    again another article...hope Carrie can handle all this!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Misunderstood my ass, he didn't have anything to say when he was getting called out all over twitter over the weekend by as soon as Yahoo and other national media outlets picked up the story he sure was quick to break out the total BS "I was misunderstood" card.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Misunderstood my ass, he didn't have anything to say when he was getting called out all over twitter over the weekend by as soon as Yahoo and other national media outlets picked up the story he sure was quick to break out the total BS "I was misunderstood" card.
    Very true--as with most politicians. My Dad is definitely against this bill. It is up for vote in Ohio also. He learned that the bill does not come from State lawmakers but from a Washington based corporate front group named ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council). This "bill mill" periodically convenes it's corporate friends to write model bills that serve their special interests. Then they farm out the bills to it's trusted cadre of State lawmakers across the country who introduce them as their own bills, NOT mentioning the corporate powers behind them. All this so food giants such as Tyson Foods, Smithfield, Bordon, etc. can grab fatter and quicker profits. Their abusive industrial system is so disgusting that American's consumers would gag at the sight of it. That is why they do not want us to know what goes on inside their facilities, etc.. It also is in violation of the First Amendment Act. As a future surgeon, I am also very concerned with the quality of the food that comes from these places as it could cause serious illness and in some cases-death. I am very proud of Carrie for standing up and speaking out on this subject. More celebrities should do so.
    mbh and liz278 like this.

•