Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By maddkat
  • 3 Post By TOPDOG1001
  • 2 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By GumbyJRH
  • 1 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By mbh

Thread: WKRN TV Nashville: Carrie Underwood, Tennessee Lawmaker Face OFf (video)

Concert Stars

WKRN TV Nashville: Carrie Underwood, Tennessee Lawmaker Face OFf (video)

Make sure you watch the video! Some of you are in it for your tweets! haha

WKRNHeadlines
    ‏@WKRNHeadlines
    55m FROM WKRN-TV: Carrie Underwood, Tennessee lawmaker face off on Twitter http://bit.ly/ZnuVIq

Carrie Underwood, Tennessee lawmaker face off on Twitter

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 2:02 PM EDT Updated: April 23, 2013 5:56 PM By Jamey Tucker, Video Journalist - bio | email

More on the Web

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A battle of tweets has emerged between country music superstar Carrie Underwood and her fans, with Tennessee Representative Andy Holt of Dresden, Tennessee.

Underwood strongly opposes the Tennessee's Ag-Gag bill that is currently on Governor Bill Haslam's desk.

The bill would make it a crime for investigative journalists and organizations to "document and expose inhumane and illegal activity in horse stables and at industrial agricultural facilities" without notifying the Department of Agriculture immediately.

Underwood and the Humane Society of the United States oppose the bill because it would not allow for organizations to fully document how animals are being abused full investigation into mistreatment of animals.

The Ag-Gag bill would require any organization that gathers video of animals being abused to turn over the evidence to authorities immediately.

Underwood took to Twitter urging Governor Haslam to veto the bill.

"Shame on TN lawmakers for passing the Ag-Gag bill. If Gov. Haslam signs this, he needs to expect me at his front door. Who's with me?" Underwood tweeted.
    Tennessee Representative Andy Holt from Dresden, responded by saying publicly "I think Carrie will stick to singing country music and I'll stick to lawmaking."
    The comment drew a reaction from Underwood who tweeted "Carrie should stick to singing? Wow, sorry, i'm just a tax paying citizen concerned for the safety of my family."
    Her fans joined in too.

However, Rep. Holt told Nashville's News 2 on Tuesday that he thinks people took his comment the wrong way.

"I think there's a lot of folks who took that as me trying to say I don't want comments from outsiders," Holt said. "I work for the people of the state Tennessee and Carrie Underwood, being an individual who lives in the state of Tennessee I work for her as well."
    The bill, passed by both the House and Senate is on the governor's desk.

Haslam has to sign or veto the bill within 10 days or it will automatically become law.

mbh likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I find it interesting that he didn't bother to say what the right way was to take his statement about Carrie.
    If not shut up and sing then what?
    teesharky, Ann055 and JB172 like this.

However, Rep. Holt told Nashville's News 2 on Tuesday that he thinks people took his comment the wrong way.

lol, um, it was pretty clear actually

Top story on the news wow
    JB172, teesharky and nccountrygal like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That is just the typical BS excuse that people use when the comment they made was stupid, I find it funny that he was called out over and over again all weekend but hides without making a comment but once Yahoo picked up the story nationally and he was made to look like a fool, he runs to tell his side of the story.
    Ann055 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    He's a politician, lol, of course he's going to try to spin it..
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I find it interesting that he didn't bother to say what the right way was to take his statement about Carrie.
    If not shut up and sing then what?
    that's exactly right!

I'm going to invite her to dinner...LMAO
    teesharky likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Make sure you watch the video! Some of you are in it for your tweets! haha

WKRNHeadlines
    ‏@WKRNHeadlines
    55m FROM WKRN-TV: Carrie Underwood, Tennessee lawmaker face off on Twitter http://bit.ly/ZnuVIq

Carrie Underwood, Tennessee lawmaker face off on Twitter

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 2:02 PM EDT Updated: April 23, 2013 5:56 PM By Jamey Tucker, Video Journalist - bio | email

More on the Web

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A battle of tweets has emerged between country music superstar Carrie Underwood and her fans, with Tennessee Representative Andy Holt of Dresden, Tennessee.

Underwood strongly opposes the Tennessee's Ag-Gag bill that is currently on Governor Bill Haslam's desk.

The bill would make it a crime for investigative journalists and organizations to "document and expose inhumane and illegal activity in horse stables and at industrial agricultural facilities" without notifying the Department of Agriculture immediately.

Underwood and the Humane Society of the United States oppose the bill because it would not allow for organizations to fully document how animals are being abused full investigation into mistreatment of animals.

The Ag-Gag bill would require any organization that gathers video of animals being abused to turn over the evidence to authorities immediately.

Underwood took to Twitter urging Governor Haslam to veto the bill.

"Shame on TN lawmakers for passing the Ag-Gag bill. If Gov. Haslam signs this, he needs to expect me at his front door. Who's with me?" Underwood tweeted.
    Tennessee Representative Andy Holt from Dresden, responded by saying publicly "I think Carrie will stick to singing country music and I'll stick to lawmaking."
    The comment drew a reaction from Underwood who tweeted "Carrie should stick to singing? Wow, sorry, i'm just a tax paying citizen concerned for the safety of my family."
    Her fans joined in too.

"I think there's a lot of folks who took that as me trying to say I don't want comments from outsiders," Holt said. "I work for the people of the state Tennessee and Carrie Underwood, being an individual who lives in the state of Tennessee I work for her as well."
    The bill, passed by both the House and Senate is on the governor's desk.

Haslam has to sign or veto the bill within 10 days or it will automatically become law.

I am VERY PROUD of "Carrie" and "Carrie Fans". FIGHTING ...... Yes, with our PEN which expresses the sentiments of our time! Kudos to all of you - Carrie Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    oh man this is really everywhere!

•