Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Faith Hill replacements? It’s Carrie Underwood, and the rest

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Faith Hill replacements? It’s Carrie Underwood, and the rest

Faith Hill replacements? It’s Carrie Underwood, and the rest

Posted by Sean Tomlinson
    Apr 16, 2013

Yesterday we learned that Faith Hill will no longer be asking us where, exactly, Sunday Night Football is, and rhyming “Jack” with “fact”. Say it ain’t so, Faith.

Shattered. Faith Hill easily leads the list of things I associate with Sundays in the fall, and she’s only narrowly ahead of being asked if I’d like to date a cougar 26 times throughout 14 hours of television viewing. Oh, that only happens to me?

Anywho, it took me a solid 24 hours to recover from Faith breaking up with us. As part of the mourning process, I thought we’d take a quick trip to listicle land to find a suitable replacement who meets network television’s ogling vocal standards. There’s a problem with everyone who isn’t named Carrie Underwood, and we keep it real with No. 7.

1. Carrie Underwood: OK, the list is over then. Let’s go home. Underwood has the same country music background as Hill, and that appeals to the old guard among NBC’s target demographic. You know who you are. At 30 years old, she still has her youth too, which is also important to both the old guard, and men everywhere. Yeah, we’re ending the bush beating already.

2. Taylor Swift: See above. Youth? Country twang? Desirable blond woman? Check, check, check. The problem with Swift is that she may be too young, and far too associated with those bee-boppin’ tweeny teens who put ribbons in their hair and hate on their ex-boyriends. We must not anger the south.

3. Katy Perry: There’s appeal here, both to the wandering male gaze, and for the two people watching who appreciate sound vocal stylings. Perry’s flaw? Her lack of normal-ness. Johnny Cowboy fan ain’t havin’ no blue haired girl on his TV. No sir.

4. Beyonce: She has the Super Bowl appearance, so there’s that. But like Perry, she still seems a little too pop-ish and/or hip hop-ish to be introducing us to the brute sport of football face smashing.

5. Selana Gomez: Gomez has both the youth tweeny deal going (see: Swift), and the pop thing too (see: Perry). Combined, that will coat television sets in beer. However, this would be a bold move to target the middle school bro demographic.

6. Britney Spears: Eggball fans like to keep their comeback stories on the field. The male species may again enjoy looking at Spears, but this isn’t 1998 with your puffy pink hair things anymore, sister.

7. Kate Upton: Let’s end all the pretending, alright? Men who watch football like to look at women who are, well, easy to look at, and they give few craps about singing talent. So have the Internet’s queen of clickage dance around for a while, and then vocally give her the Cher uber-digitized treatment. Done.

Faith Hill replacements? It?s Carrie Underwood, and the rest | 100 Yards and Running | Blogs | theScore.com

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I really really really hope they pick Carrie!
    Hil and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Another article on the subject:

Faith Hill Out as Sunday Night Football Singer: Predicting Possible Replacements

BY GABE ZALDIVAR (POP CULTURE LEAD WRITER) ON APRIL 15, 2013

Faith Hill recently announced that she will no longer lend her talents to NBC's Sunday Night Football anthem.

A nation mourns.

The report also notes that Fred Gaudelli, executive producer of the NBC broadcast, tweeted a show of appreciation to Hill but made no mention of who will take her spot at the start of the show.

Thankfully, we have some thoughts on who that might be.

Hill has the look and voice that resonates with fans. Her replacement will need to be a well-liked performer that can open the broadcast with the perfect blend of power and pizzazz.

The last thing you want is a polarizing figure who will have half the viewers at home groaning when he or she appears on screen.

Sounds like an easy endeavor, NBC—let's try not to blow it.

Carrie Underwood

If there is any bit of consensus at the moment, it would be for Carrie Underwood to step in and strut her stuff on Sunday night.

The former American Idol winner has gotten quite the vote of confidence on Twitter, with fans expressing their support for the budding country star to open Sunday Night Football's proceedings.

Link: Faith Hill Out as Sunday Night Football Singer: Predicting Possible Replacements | Bleacher Report

Concert Stars
    You beat me to it, Pi!! This would be phenomenal!! Tee, you need to get on this! Send it to NBC, ESPN etc!!!
    Pi314CA and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Junior Carrie Follower

Another Sports website chose Carrie as the #1 pick to replace Faith

Rant Sports picked Carrie as the #1choice.

Faith Hill: 10 Potential Replacements For NFL Sunday Night Football

Could be a rumor, but this website states an NBC insider says they have made Carrie an offer for the NFL gig.

Carrie Underwood Taking Over Sunday Night Football? | Terez Owens

Carrie appeals to the elders, mom and pop, the kids, and the family dog too. She's perfect for the job.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I thought right away of Carrie for this... let's hope it happens.. Sunday night football would get even better!

It would not surprise me if she does agree to it if it is offered. It won't take much to shoot the commerical and she is a football fan. I could handle seeing Carrie every Sunday

Oh, God, I'd have to start watching football! EWWW!
    Cathie Wynkoop, Gus and desubear like this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie is the natural follow up. She's the first one that came to my mind.
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    I'm a huge NFL fan and Carrie would be perfect for this.

Concert Stars
    Since Carrie is doing the SOM on NBC, it sure would be nice if they asked Carrie to do the Football theme.. More exposure for Carrie and their network.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Oh, God, I'd have to start watching football! EWWW!
    Lol, you can always youtube it!!!!

Concert Stars
    weekly exposure to a sizable demographic? I'm on board with that

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    I like for Carrie to do this..

I'm really clueless about this and I don't watch US football at all.... but errr... can someone explain to me what this is all about? What role of Faith Hill is everyone hoping Carrie would replace? (I get that it's something good but not exactly sure what lol)
    desubear likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I'm really clueless about this and I don't watch US football at all.... but errr... can someone explain to me what this is all about? What role of Faith Hill is everyone hoping Carrie would replace? (I get that it's something good but not exactly sure what lol)
    one of Faith's opening

Carrie would be great for this!
    and with Carrie's association with NBC and SOM, she'd be a natural choice

Concert Stars
    it would be so cool if they picked Carrie!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman312 View Post
    Since Carrie is doing the SOM on NBC, it sure would be nice if they asked Carrie to do the Football theme.. More exposure for Carrie and their network.
    This very well could be a reason why they do ask Carrie to do this. Let's hope it happens!!!

Concert Stars
    I can see Carrie doing this since she was a football fan way before becoming a hockey fan and has loved the game (even though she's a Cowboys fan LOL) since she was a child. She's beautiful and I'm sure the men would love to watch Carrie right before the game! Of all the ladies I can think of, Carrie resembles Faith (blond, beautiful, great legs) the most and she has the best set of vocals of any of them! Matter of fact, we were watching football one night and my 9 year old grandson says, "There's Carrie Underwood" when Faith started walking out to sing! LOL Then he's like, "Oh that's not Carrie".

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast