Like Tree18Likes
  • 8 Post By Pi314CA
  • 2 Post By liveasong
  • 4 Post By epicamends
  • 2 Post By rainbow1
  • 2 Post By countrycarrie59

Thread: Exclusive: Two Story Road talks Carrie Underwood, tennis obsession and new album

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Exclusive: Two Story Road talks Carrie Underwood, tennis obsession and new album

A very extensive interview with lots of mentions of Carrie.

Exclusive: Two Story Road talks Carrie Underwood, tennis obsession and new album (Photos)

TWO STORY ROAD
    APRIL 15, 2013
    BY: JASON SCOTT

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15, 2013 - Two Story Road isn't your typical husband and wife duo. On the surface, Jamelle and Brandon Fraley possess a polished charm and sophisticated confidence best suited for the high-life in-crowd of Hollywood. In fact, both musicians boast quite the impressive resume -- featuring one of the hottest celebrities on the planet: Carrie Underwood.

That's right. Jamelle, a Belmont University alum, served as Underwood's harmonious backup singer for five years. She's hit the road with Underwood on three headlining world tours, including the most recent Blown Away Tour, which took the superstar overseas to the UK, Ireland and Australia. Jamelle's journey came to an end this past fall when she stepped down from her post to pursue her own musical career with her husband. Likewise, Brandon has similar superstar credits to his name, including as former bandleader for American Idol season 8 third-place finisher Danny Gokey and as keyboardist for the rowdy girl-next-door Gretchen Wilson.

What was it like working as Carrie Underwood’s backup singer?

J: Amazing. She was such a hard worker, so inspiring. I would just watch her, admire her work ethic. She’s just non-stop. Whatever she had to do, whatever her management said she should probably do this, or probably do that, or do this photo shoot or you have to go do this interview today and then this meet-n-greet and then this show tonight. She never, ever said no to any opportunity that came up and always with a good attitude. I learned a lot from her. She was just so easy to work with, you know, pleasant and no drama. It was just a wonderful five years. I can’t say enough good things about it, honestly. She was awesome. I felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world.

Link to article: Exclusive: Two Story Road talks Carrie Underwood, tennis obsession and new album - National Country Music | Examiner.com

Concert Stars
    Jamie's comments about Carrie make me want to cry to be honest. She is so sweet.

Love this! Jamie will forever be a part of Team Carrie.

Concert Stars
    I love her! She is awesome...wish her the best of luck doing her own thing!

Concert Stars
    Oh I love and miss Jamie so much. I wish she and her husband the best, but consider Jamie part of the Carrie entourage for all time!

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What a really nice article. I have never really followed Carrie's back ground singers or band members - not sure why - but after that article I will pay attention when I hear anything about Two Story Road. They seem like a really nice, happy and normal couple who are chasing their dreams. Good for them and I hope they do really well.

Concert Stars
    Congrats to Jason for a great article! They answered a million questions on twitter last night...mostly from Carrie fans. She is just precious.
    opry051008 and Pi314CA like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    don't no where to
    posted April 17, 2013 02:09 PM
    Carrie Underwood brings her “Blown Away Tour” to Greenville’s Bi-Lo Center on Tuesday, after a string of sold-out dates throughout North America.

The six-time Grammy winner enjoyed capacity crowds at every one of the 22 arena concerts she performed so far this year, according to a news release.

“The Blown Away Tour,” launched last June, has played across the United States, Canada, the U.K., Ireland and Australia. In all, Underwood will perform 111 concerts in less than a year before wrapping up the tour May 23.

Underwood, who rose to fame as the winner of the fourth season of “American Idol” in 2005, has produced three major arena concert tours in her career so far, 2008’s “Carnival Ride Tour,” 2010’s “Play On Tour” and 2012’s “Blown Away Tour,” each resulting in her being named the top-ranked country female touring artist of those years.

In 2012, Underwood performed for over a half-million fans on the first leg of the “Blown Away Tour.”

The 30-year-old country singer recently caught the public’s attention for saying that she’d give up her thriving music career if her husband asked her to.

Underwood, who married Canadian ice-hockey star Mike Fisher in July 2010, told People.com: “He knows performing is what I love and he completely supports me as I do him. But if Mike ever told me he needed me to quit, I’d quit. When you make that promise to somebody and you stand before God and your family and friends, you’ve got to do everything that you possibly can to make it work.”

The country singer emphasized, however, that they are both very supportive of each other and she has no plans to retire from the spotlight.

She said: “I feel like everyone’s afraid he’s going to make me quit my job, and that’s not quite what we were saying.”

A donation of $1 from each ticket sold on the North American leg of the “Blown Away Tour” continues in 2013 to support Red Cross disaster relief.
    put this. nice article.
    nccountrygal and opry051008 like this.

•