Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Retiring From The Music Business?

Carrie Underwood Retiring From The Music Business?

Don't shoot me for the title of the thread, just quoting the title of the article :P

I WILL KILL MIKE IF THIS HAPPENS.

"Underwood says in the recent edition of People, "I really want my 30s to be all about my family, friends and the real legacies that hopefully we'll all be able to leave behind." She continued, "I know when we do have kids, it's gonna be wonderful. I'm excited about our new house and our farm. I dream about those things."

http://www.k102.com/pages/wuc.html?article=11170795

Concert Stars
    ^^Gosh. My heart just sunk reading the title. I just listened to SYA, and suddenly had a panic feeling -- like, is this Carrie's way to tell us this is the end of the BA era before she moves on to the SOM? And then this thread's title.... I know, breathe...

Concert Stars
    Don't Panic Don't Panic Don't Panic
    Gator, oldyfan, gna and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ^^Gosh. My heart just sunk reading the title. I just listened to SYA, and suddenly had a panic feeling -- like, is this Carrie's way to tell us this is the end of the BA era before she moves on to the SOM? And then this thread's title.... I know, breathe...
    http://i47.tinypic.com/15pr5mw.gif
    Gator likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Don't shoot me for the title of the thread, just quoting the title of the article :P

I WILL KILL MIKE IF THIS HAPPENS.

"Underwood says in the recent edition of People, "I really want my 30s to be all about my family, friends and the real legacies that hopefully we'll all be able to leave behind." She continued, "I know when we do have kids, it's gonna be wonderful. I'm excited about our new house and our farm. I dream about those things."

http://www.k102.com/pages/wuc.html?article=11170795"

Ditto! She is sounding like kids are now not in the distant future (like she had always indicated) but soon.
    Gator likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think that its the first time I've heard her say she was excited about having kids - that's because she didn't. Went back up and reread the statement and she is saying she is excited about the new house and farm - which relates to animals. I think she is very apprehensive about kids and I feel like Mike said once, she'll be great. She has so much love for animals it just seems impossible that won't relate to kids also. With their careers just don't know how it will all play out. We'll just enjoy every day she gives us as an entertainer and she loves that also so much that I can't imagine her ever leaving it completely - slowing down though. Those are the days that will be hard on us.
    Gator, oldyfan, jaylee50 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female Vocalist of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Last edited by Mirasa45A; 04-10-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Can Carrie please record about 20 songs before the end of the year, so we will have enough songs to last us the next 10 years on radio?? Pleeeasseeeee
    oldyfan and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Wow, she'll be around for awhile then! :-)
    Cathie Wynkoop and Mirasa45A like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I think that its the first time I've heard her say she was excited about having kids - that's because she didn't. Went back up and reread the statement and she is saying she is excited about the new house and farm - which relates to animals. I think she is very apprehensive about kids and I feel like Mike said once, she'll be great. She has so much love for animals it just seems impossible that won't relate to kids also. With their careers just don't know how it will all play out. We'll just enjoy every day she gives us as an entertainer and she loves that also so much that I can't imagine her ever leaving it completely - slowing down though. Those are the days that will be hard on us.

True, but didn't she also say very recently about having children when it happens, it happens....or something along those lines?
    pgk and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Agree. And since that will never happen- Carrie will never retire. Lol

My God I was almost crying when I read the title. I can't imagine my life without Carrie without waiting for a new Single without waiting to see her at some award or TV show. My Gosh.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    True, but didn't she also say very recently about having children when it happens, it happens....or something along those lines?
    Eww, I hope not! Sorry, but #familyplanning

Oh, goody, she's never retiring!
    teesharky, desubear and Mirasa45A like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thia is the quote from 'People' I was referring to: "I feel like everyone's afraid he's going to make me quit my job and that's not quite what we were saying!" said Underwood, who added in the cover story that her husband "completely supports me in [my career], as I do him."

On the issue of starting a family, timing is a concern but Underwood said she is content to simply allow her life to move with the flow.

"There's always something new to look forward to and something new to plan," Underwood said. "[Having a baby] will just happen when it happens."
    epicamends, rainbow1, gna and 3 others like this.

Concert Stars
    We'll, I know one thing for sure, she won't be singing TSOM with a baby bump. So, I'm thinking they'll begin their family during the holidays.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    We'll, I know one thing for sure, she won't be singing TSOM with a baby bump. So, I'm thinking they'll begin their family during the holidays.
    I had forgotten about TSOM being live. So I would bet your timing is correct.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh, you, always stirring up trouble. .

Carrie has said she lives on God's timing, so who knows what will happen?
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

I have a feeling Carrie will be getting lots of advice from her good friend Hillary Scott about how to have a family and still be on the road and making music.

I hope she never retires. haha

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    it's just a quote from the People article, nothing new here

they'll start a family when they start a family
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Oh, you, always stirring up trouble. .

Carrie has said she lives on God's timing, so who knows what will happen?
    I'm quite sure she does not mean they are completely leaving it in God's hands. They will more than likely decide to start a family within the next couple of years. People in their thirties just typically do that. Waiting much past about 35 opens the possibility of a host of issues. That's just biology. That does not mean she will retire.

I'm not trying to be the word police but people really need to stop saying things like "I will kill Mike". I know they aren't serious but there are unstable people in the world and this is a public forum.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast