Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood Retiring From The Music Business?

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,890

    Carrie Underwood Retiring From The Music Business?

    Don't shoot me for the title of the thread, just quoting the title of the article :P

    I WILL KILL MIKE IF THIS HAPPENS.

    "Underwood says in the recent edition of People, "I really want my 30s to be all about my family, friends and the real legacies that hopefully we'll all be able to leave behind." She continued, "I know when we do have kids, it's gonna be wonderful. I'm excited about our new house and our farm. I dream about those things."

    http://www.k102.com/pages/wuc.html?article=11170795

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    ^^Gosh. My heart just sunk reading the title. I just listened to SYA, and suddenly had a panic feeling -- like, is this Carrie's way to tell us this is the end of the BA era before she moves on to the SOM? And then this thread's title.... I know, breathe...

  • #3
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Don't Panic Don't Panic Don't Panic
    Gator, oldyfan, gna and 1 others like this.

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ^^Gosh. My heart just sunk reading the title. I just listened to SYA, and suddenly had a panic feeling -- like, is this Carrie's way to tell us this is the end of the BA era before she moves on to the SOM? And then this thread's title.... I know, breathe...
    http://i47.tinypic.com/15pr5mw.gif
    Gator likes this.

  • #5
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,659
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Don't shoot me for the title of the thread, just quoting the title of the article :P

    I WILL KILL MIKE IF THIS HAPPENS.

    "Underwood says in the recent edition of People, "I really want my 30s to be all about my family, friends and the real legacies that hopefully we'll all be able to leave behind." She continued, "I know when we do have kids, it's gonna be wonderful. I'm excited about our new house and our farm. I dream about those things."

    http://www.k102.com/pages/wuc.html?article=11170795"

    Ditto! She is sounding like kids are now not in the distant future (like she had always indicated) but soon.
    Gator likes this.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    3,489
    Concert Stars
    I think that its the first time I've heard her say she was excited about having kids - that's because she didn't. Went back up and reread the statement and she is saying she is excited about the new house and farm - which relates to animals. I think she is very apprehensive about kids and I feel like Mike said once, she'll be great. She has so much love for animals it just seems impossible that won't relate to kids also. With their careers just don't know how it will all play out. We'll just enjoy every day she gives us as an entertainer and she loves that also so much that I can't imagine her ever leaving it completely - slowing down though. Those are the days that will be hard on us.
    Gator, oldyfan, jaylee50 and 2 others like this.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,042
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female Vocalist of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Last edited by Mirasa45A; 04-10-2013 at 10:11 PM.

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,331
    Concert Stars
    Can Carrie please record about 20 songs before the end of the year, so we will have enough songs to last us the next 10 years on radio?? Pleeeasseeeee
    oldyfan and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,659
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Wow, she'll be around for awhile then! :-)
    Cathie Wynkoop and Mirasa45A like this.

  • #10
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,659
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDollyDee View Post
    I think that its the first time I've heard her say she was excited about having kids - that's because she didn't. Went back up and reread the statement and she is saying she is excited about the new house and farm - which relates to animals. I think she is very apprehensive about kids and I feel like Mike said once, she'll be great. She has so much love for animals it just seems impossible that won't relate to kids also. With their careers just don't know how it will all play out. We'll just enjoy every day she gives us as an entertainer and she loves that also so much that I can't imagine her ever leaving it completely - slowing down though. Those are the days that will be hard on us.

    True, but didn't she also say very recently about having children when it happens, it happens....or something along those lines?
    pgk and DizzyDollyDee like this.

  • #11
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,626
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Agree. And since that will never happen- Carrie will never retire. Lol

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan cmarieu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Underwood's Paradise
    Posts
    1,386
    My God I was almost crying when I read the title. I can't imagine my life without Carrie without waiting for a new Single without waiting to see her at some award or TV show. My Gosh.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

  • #13
    Insane Carrie Fan carebear4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, On
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyfan View Post
    True, but didn't she also say very recently about having children when it happens, it happens....or something along those lines?
    Eww, I hope not! Sorry, but #familyplanning

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    In my opinion, Carrie will retire when she gets 1 more CMA Female of the year award and CMA's Entertainer of the year
    Oh, goody, she's never retiring!
    teesharky, desubear and Mirasa45A like this.

  • #14
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,659
    Concert Stars
    Thia is the quote from 'People' I was referring to: "I feel like everyone's afraid he's going to make me quit my job and that's not quite what we were saying!" said Underwood, who added in the cover story that her husband "completely supports me in [my career], as I do him."

    On the issue of starting a family, timing is a concern but Underwood said she is content to simply allow her life to move with the flow.


    "There's always something new to look forward to and something new to plan," Underwood said. "[Having a baby] will just happen when it happens."
    epicamends, rainbow1, gna and 3 others like this.

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan jptexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    9,477
    Concert Stars
    We'll, I know one thing for sure, she won't be singing TSOM with a baby bump. So, I'm thinking they'll begin their family during the holidays.

  • #16
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CA/Texan By Birth
    Posts
    1,659
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jptexas View Post
    We'll, I know one thing for sure, she won't be singing TSOM with a baby bump. So, I'm thinking they'll begin their family during the holidays.
    I had forgotten about TSOM being live. So I would bet your timing is correct.

  • #17
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Oh, you, always stirring up trouble. .

    Carrie has said she lives on God's timing, so who knows what will happen?
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

  • #18
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    I have a feeling Carrie will be getting lots of advice from her good friend Hillary Scott about how to have a family and still be on the road and making music.

    I hope she never retires. haha

  • #19
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,314
    Concert Stars
    it's just a quote from the People article, nothing new here

    they'll start a family when they start a family
    abbeyjones18 likes this.

  • #20
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Oh, you, always stirring up trouble. .

    Carrie has said she lives on God's timing, so who knows what will happen?
    I'm quite sure she does not mean they are completely leaving it in God's hands. They will more than likely decide to start a family within the next couple of years. People in their thirties just typically do that. Waiting much past about 35 opens the possibility of a host of issues. That's just biology. That does not mean she will retire.

    I'm not trying to be the word police but people really need to stop saying things like "I will kill Mike". I know they aren't serious but there are unstable people in the world and this is a public forum.
    abbeyjones18 likes this.


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Underwood: Behind The Music
      By CarrieUK in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 39
      Last Post: 09-21-2012, 10:06 AM
    2. Replies: 19
      Last Post: 06-28-2012, 10:00 AM
    3. Carrie Underwood, Carrie Prejean Among Women Business
      By carriefann in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-08-2011, 07:15 AM
    4. Does Carrie Underwood like any other music while she is not doing country?
      By SpeedForever3950 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
    5. Carrie Underwood: I will still make music
      By cuisnumber1 in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 04-24-2011, 09:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •