• 1 Post By kcjune
  • 2 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 3 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By rainbow1
  • 4 Post By epicamends
  • 2 Post By judes
  • 2 Post By DaisyTweets
  • 3 Post By melvinc

Thread: Entertainment Weekly: Miranda Lambert Admits Carrie Underwood Deserved to Win

Concert Stars

Entertainment Weekly: Miranda Lambert Admits Carrie Underwood Deserved to Win

Miranda Lambert: Carrie Underwood deserved to win at the ACM Awards | The Music Mix | EW.com

Apr 8 2013 12:25 AM ET

Miranda Lambert admits Carrie Underwood deserved to win at the ACM Awards

by Grady Smith
    Tags: ACM Awards, Carrie Underwood, Country, Ladies, Miranda Lambert

Image Credit: Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Miranda Lambert is always a class act when it comes to awards show speeches. She sweetly name-dropped every woman in her category during a CMA speech last November, and at this year’s ACM Awards, Lambert went out of her way to shine light on her female colleagues once again during her acceptance speech for Female Vocalist of the Year — especially Carrie Underwood, who has been shut out of multiple awards over the past year despite the success of her Blown Away album and tour.

“I for sure thought Carrie had it this year, and she damn well deserves it,” Lambert said at the top of her speech. “I’m not supposed to say that on TV,” she admitted. The simple comment is sure to earn Lambert some good will.

Not only are some country fans slightly frustrated by the way Blake and Miranda (the reigning king and queen of Nashville) seem to win every award they’re nominated for, but a growing sense of frustration has begun to inundate the country community that Underwood doesn’t get the recognition she deserves.

------------------more at link-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I loved Miranda for saying that, and I think it's really sweet of her to stick up for Carrie and say how incredible she is. I know a lot of people think she's gotten arrogant and full of herself, and to a certain extent, I think she has changed a little bit.

But she didn't HAVE to acknowledge Carrie, but the first thing she said was "I thought Carrie was gonna win, because she damn well deserves it."

I thought that was a really awesome thing for her to do, and it probably made Carrie feel really good, too.

I wish Carrie was still winning awards, but the voters always move on to somebody new, and it isn't surprising.

There was also a time a few years ago when Carrie dominated awards shows; I think maybe some of us expected too much, thinking that reign would last a little bit longer. Voters were so good to her in the beginning, I don't think anybody expected she would be shut out so soon.

However, life will go on and awards are not the most important thing, the music is. .

Nice move, ML.

<<<<<<cynic
    AdamJ likes this.

Carrie Guru
    It's OK, as long as Carrie wins Grammy awards, I am fine with it. People outside the USA and Canada do not even know an award show called "ACM Awards"
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Agree. LEt them keep their freakin CMAs and ACMS. Carrie and Zac Brown Band will keep wracking in the Grammys. lol
    ydumarp, AdamJ and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I love that EW wrote this!!!!!

Hopefully the CMA voters listen to Miranda and give Carrie proper recognition this fall. (Although it seems silly at this point to still have hope, but I always will when it comes to Carrie.)

Concert Stars
    When it's so so obvious that Carrie should have won someone has to say something and glad to see it was Miranda - I think she's feeling the heat from the fans and doesn't like it - the voters aren't doing Miranda a favor anymore by voting for her - it's showing the glaring difference in Carrie's and her career this year and that is not a good thing for Miranda and she knows it. It would be nice if the CMA's stepped it up and recognized Carrie's amazing year with a win.
    AdamJ and teesharky like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I loved Miranda for saying that, and I think it's really sweet of her to stick up for Carrie and say how incredible she is. I know a lot of people think she's gotten arrogant and full of herself, and to a certain extent, I think she has changed a little bit.

But she didn't HAVE to acknowledge Carrie, but the first thing she said was "I thought Carrie was gonna win, because she damn well deserves it."

I thought that was a really awesome thing for her to do, and it probably made Carrie feel really good, too.

I wish Carrie was still winning awards, but the voters always move on to somebody new, and it isn't surprising.

There was also a time a few years ago when Carrie dominated awards shows; I think maybe some of us expected too much, thinking that reign would last a little bit longer. Voters were so good to her in the beginning, I don't think anybody expected she would be shut out so soon.

However, life will go on and awards are not the most important thing, the music is. .
    The glaring difference when that was happening, was that by the numbers and stats, Carrie deserved those awards and wins.
    AdamJ and teesharky like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thank you Miranda.... Unbeleiveable that Carrie did not win, but like others stated here, the Grammy is the true award to acheive....

Huge Carrie Follower

Miranda said she is unable to comprehend anything that is happening right now and she said she actually voted for Carrie and was rooting for her. She's a fan of hers and is jealous of her voice, legs and whatever Carrie has.

Concert Stars
    Miranda is amazing for saying this...at least she gets it!!

Concert Stars
    It must be frustrating for her because everyone talks about why she didn't deserve her award and Carrie did and that's not being fair to Miranda - that's why voting for someone because they are your friend or in a voting block is useless really - when you have an outstanding year like Carrie it should be rewarded -

•