• Carrie Underwood - Jonathan, Tara, Ben, Leeann, Dan, Kevin

Will Win:

• Miranda Lambert - Tara, Ben, Leeann, Dan
    • Martina McBride
    • Kacey Musgraves
    • Taylor Swift
    • Carrie Underwood - Jonathan, Kevin

Kevin:
    Sheer power of wishful thinking? Perhaps. But to ignore Carrie Underwood’s stellar year artistically and commercially would be a sin.

Ben:
    If there were ever a year in which Carrie Underwood deserved the Female Vocalist trophy, this would be it. Unfortunately, Underwood’s lack of nominations in the Entertainer and Single categories suggest that Miranda Lambert remains the current favorite.

Jonathan:
    Even if I’ve been slightly disappointed by Underwood’s choices of singles during the eligibility period, I stand by what I said in our CMA picks and predictions last fall: Whatever substantial limitations she may still have as an artist, Underwood is currently doing what is far and away her career-best work, and I’d like to see her rewarded for that.

Dan:
    Or, to ape Jonathan’s mathematical approach from a few award shows back: “Blown Away” + “Two Black Cadillacs” > “Over You” + “Fastest Girl in Town.”

Tara:
    Based on vision, creativity and voice, this is a no-brainer. I have a hard time picturing anyone dethroning the Lamberts, though.

Leeann:
    I honestly won’t be upset if Miranda Lambert wins, because she’s got my favorite voice of the group, but I think Carrie Underwood actually deserves the award. I’ve been liking her voice more these days and she’s just about always on target for live performances.
    Album of the Year
    Should Win:

• Carrie Underwood, Blown Away - Tara, Ben, Kevin
    • Eric Church, Chief - Leeann, Dan
    • Taylor Swift, Red
    • Luke Bryan, Tailgates & Tanlines
    • Little Big Town, Tornado - Jonathan

Will Win:

• Carrie Underwood, Blown Away - Ben
    • Eric Church, Chief - Jonathan, Leeann, Dan, Kevin
    • Taylor Swift, Red
    • Luke Bryan, Tailgates & Tanlines
    • Little Big Town, Tornado - Tara

Leeann:
    Eric Church is no longer the underdog and Chief is my favorite nominated album.

Kevin:
    With Miranda Lambert not nominated, I’m guessing Eric Church will fill their “honor the cool one in the Album slot” criteria. Underwood made the best album.

Ben: Bryan’s album is too uneven, and I don’t feel Swift’s album has any business being nominated at a country awards show. Any one of the remaining three would make a worthy winner, but I’m hoping and tentatively (read: stubbornly) predicting that voters will recognize Underwood’s recent artistic growth with her second win in this category.

Tara:
    I’m going out on a limb with both of these choices. Blown Away isn’t technically a better album thanChief, but I’d really like to see it get some love, if only to continue to pump creativity and ambition into the Underwood team. I think there’s a chance that Little Big Town’s heightened profile will give them some legs in this category, though, and I’m cool with that.

Jonathan:
    The Church and Little Big Town sets have the best balance between ambition and actual quality of these five albums, and either would be a richly deserving winner. The bloated Red can be whittled-down to a flat-out brilliant 7-song EP, but even then it’s still a pop record that probably shouldn’t be nominated here on principle. Church’s CMA win and his overall nomination tally make him the presumptive front-runner, but there isn’t an outcome here that I’d find surprising.
    They also have some great comments about her in the EOTY section, including

Carrie Underwood, of course, is the real Entertainer of the Year. She’s just not nominated.
    Read the entire article here: Country Universe ? A Country Music Blog » 2013 ACM Awards: Staff Picks and Predictions

Concert Stars
    OK, good to see others recognizing what a huge year this has been for Carrie, unlike Miranda's or Taylors(in country) - she should win - they are right - thanks for posting - So alot of the predictions want Carrie to win - it shows that we are not on board with Carrie winning just because we are core fans but because she definitely deserves it - they thought so at the Grammy's too and awarded her - so at least we know others agree - it helps

Concert Stars
    The EOTY section makes me laugh! xD

Ben: Carrie Underwood would have been my choice without reservation had she been nominated.
    Jonathan: Though it’s worth mentioning that, had she been nominated, Carrie Underwood would’ve been my pick.
    Kevin: Carrie Underwood, of course, is the real Entertainer of the Year. She’s just not nominated.
    rainbow1, judes, Smokyiiis and 9 others like this.

Concert Stars
    It just makes the PTB look so downright foolish and political!!!!

Hil
    It's seriously annoying she wasn't nominated. I don't understand why they are shunning her.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Dan: Or, to ape Jonathan’s mathematical approach from a few award shows back: “Blown Away” + “Two Black Cadillacs” > “Over You” + “Fastest Girl in Town.”
    I like this, although I would put it this way : Blown Away” + “Two Black Cadillacs” > Miranda's entire catalogue.

But whatever...

Hil
    How long is a song eligible? Isn't OVER YOU done? Good lord... I can't even hear that song again. haha

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I actually thought Over You had been nominated last year and she won - obviously I must be wrong - know she has won awards for it but there are a few award shows so could definitely get that wrong. Just doesn't seem like Carrie gets opportunities to have her songs nominated even once let alone more - shame!

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    These guys know what they are talking about. I doubt Carrie will be winning anything but she sure deserves it. The snub has become too apparent. It is not just the hardcore fan base that is noticing it. Suck it country voters.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ben posted this in the comments:

Shiela, none of us are saying that Red is a bad album, but it is a pop album that’s primarily geared toward the pop market, so some of us feel it has little to do with country music. If you disagree and feel that it does warrant a nomination, we respect that opinion.
    We spoke such of Carrie Underwood because many of us think she has made some of her career-best music this past year. We respect her for it, and think she deserves to be recognized for it. If we thought she had made poor music, I’m sure any of us would have said so (and Jonathan did acknowledge her artistic limitations), so I don’t think we’re necessarily presenting ourselves as obsessed Carrie Underwood fans. If you don’t share our appreciation for Carrie Underwood, that’s perfectly fine.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    How long is a song eligible? Isn't OVER YOU done? Good lord... I can't even hear that song again. haha
    This should be the last award show that Over You is eligible. Thank goodness!
    Hil and utlovescarrie like this.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Country universe tells it how it is! haha
    Marie2011 and utlovescarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    I also love all the comments below the article!

Hil
    April 6, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Someone needs to bring a bullhorn to the ceremony and scream “CARRIE UNDERWOOD” before Shania Twain reads the name off of the EOTY envelope.
    That was one of the replies. That cracks me up! Would be HIGHLARIOUS

and this is So TRUE!
    I agree with the thought that a nod for “Blown Away” for top album would only encourage Underwood and her team to keep taking chances as they move onward and upward artistically. As for the reason I believe she was not nominated for EOTY, it’s simple: She’d win again.

Concert Stars
    ohhhh so hope all this is true!

^ But Taylor would win again too... so why nominate her then?
    rainbow1 likes this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Probably vote trading of some kind to keep Carrie out of the category. I can't think that kind of thing doesn't happen. If all were fair we wouldn't be talking about this lol maybe not though, could all be on the up and up.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    So she can set yet another record for 3 wins by a female. You certaintly don't think Scott wanted Carrie to break the record do you? I half kid here but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some back room deals made to do just this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    That was one of the replies. That cracks me up! Would be HIGHLARIOUS

and this is So TRUE!
    I miss when people would yell out Carrie's name before they announce the FVOTY winner
    liveasong, Hil, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    I miss when people would yell out Carrie's name before they announce the FVOTY winner
    A lot of people screamed Carrie's name at the Grammys this year! LOL! It was so cute !
    Hil and rainbow1 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast