Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar

Country Weekly 2013 ACM Awards Predictions

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR

• Jason Aldean
    • Luke Bryan
    • Miranda Lambert
    • Blake Shelton
    • Taylor Swift

The ACMs’ big enchilada—the Entertainer of the Year Award—is chosen online by you folks, country fans. Taylor Swift has actually won this one the past two years, but it seems like she’s only just started her quest for world domination with Red. And while Miranda Lambert and Luke Bryan are great, they don’t seem to have the market or culture saturation of their fellow nominees. Based purely on singles, record sales and a blockbuster touring schedule, Jason Aldean certainly meets all the EOTY criteria and should be the winner. But if Blake Shelton’s misinterpreted comments about “old farts” and “jackasses” didn’t sour too many fans’ opinions of him, he also has a chance.
    Winner: Jason Aldean

MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR

• Jason Aldean
    • Luke Bryan
    • Eric Church
    • Toby Keith
    • Blake Shelton

Blake has also won Male Vocalist of the Year the past two years, so he’s got a good shot against Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Toby Keith and Eric Church. This category is historically more rigid—prior to Blake’s first win, Brad Paisley got the trophy for five consecutive years.
    Winner: Blake Shelton

FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR

• Miranda Lambert
    • Martina McBride
    • Kacey Musgraves
    • Taylor Swift
    • Carrie Underwood

Blake’s better half Miranda has won Female Vocalist the last three years, and Carrie Underwood owned it the three years before that. Both of these talented ladies have had big success in the past year, but Carrie has a newer album and a Grammy-winning song in “Blown Away.” Taylor has never won the Female Vocalist award, and Martina just hasn’t had the smash she needs for votes. And, man, we are madly in love with Kacey Musgraves, but it’s not quite her time just yet.
    Winner: Carrie Underwood

VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR

• Big & Rich
    • Florida Georgia Line
    • Love and Theft
    • Sugarland
    • Thompson Square

The Vocal Duo category seems in perpetual upheaval after Brooks & Dunn called it quits and left everyone to fight it out. Always-popular Sugarland has been dormant while Jennifer Nettles does her motherly duty and Big & Rich have yet to really reignite, so that leaves three possible contenders with Thompson Square, Florida Georgia Line and Love and Theft. Acronym-friendly FGL and LNT have definitely had exciting launch years, but Thompson Square picked this one up last year and kept the momentum rolling.
    Winner: Thompson Square

VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR

• The Band Perry
    • Eli Young Band
    • Lady Antebellum
    • Little Big Town
    • Zac Brown Band

Talk about tough ones to call: Vocal Group of the Year is just stacked. Lady Antebellum has taken it the last three years, and the “bands”—The Band Perry, Eli Young Band and Zac Brown Band—are all red-hot right now. And yet, Little Big Town eclipsed all of them with one groovy hit about a boat.
    Winner: Little Big Town

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR PRESENTED BY KOHL’S DEPARTMENT STORES [Winners of New Male, New Female & New Vocal Duo or Group of The Year]

• Florida Georgia Line
    • Brantley Gilbert
    • Jana Kramer

The fan-voted New Artist of the Year pits newly engaged Brantley Gilbert and Jana Kramer against each other and hot new duo Florida Georgia Line. Considering the huge impact of “Cruise,” it seems obvious how this will play out. Brantley and Jana will have to console each other.
    Winner: Florida Georgia Line

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

• Blown Away — Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville)
    • Produced by Mark Bright
    • Chief — Eric Church (EMI—Nashville)
    • Produced by Jay Joyce
    • Red — Taylor Swift (Big Machine Records)
    • Produced by Jeff Bhasker, Nathan Chapman, Dann Huff, Jacknife Lee, Max Martin, Shellback, Taylor Swift, Butch Walker, Dan Wilson
    • Tailgates & Tanlines — Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville)
    • Produced by Mark Bright, Jeff Stevens
    • Tornado — Little Big Town (Capitol Nashville)
    • Produced by Jay Joyce

Eric Church’s Chief won Album of the Year over at the CMA Awards, but it feels a little old now that he’s four singles in. This really comes down to Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away and Taylor Swift’s Red as the biggest and best of the bunch.
    Winner: Red — Taylor Swift

SINGLE RECORD OF THE YEAR

• “Even If It Breaks Your Heart” — Eli Young Band
    • “Over You” — Miranda Lambert
    • “Pontoon” — Little Big Town
    • “Springsteen” — Eric Church
    • “Wanted” — Hunter Hayes

ACM Single Record of the Year usually tends toward a ballad, so that would look good for Hunter’s “Wanted,” Miranda’s “Over You” or Eric’s “Springsteen.” But LBT’s “Pontoon” is an endless ray of sunshine that always lifts spirits.
    Winner: “Pontoon” — Little Big Town

SONG OF THE YEAR

• “A Woman Like You” — Lee Brice
      Composers: Phil Barton, Johnny Bulford, Jon Stone
    • “Even If It Breaks Your Heart” — Eli Young Band
      Composers: Will Hoge, Eric Paslay
    • “Over You” — Miranda Lambert
      Composers: Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton
    • “Springsteen” — Eric Church
      Composers: Eric Church, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell
      Composers: Hunter Hayes, Troy Verges

Song of the Year basically repeats the same tunes from Single Record, with the exception of “A Woman Like You” (recorded by Lee Brice) in place of LBT’s “Pontoon.” All are worthy of receiving the honor, but the Miranda-Blake love is running high right now.
    Winner: “Over You”

VIDEO OF THE YEAR

• “Creepin’” — Eric Church
    • “Merry Go ’Round” — Kacey Musgraves
    • “Tornado” — Little Big Town
    • “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” — Taylor Swift
    • “The Wind” — Zac Brown Band

Will videos ever be fun again post-“Red Solo Cup”? It’s hard to say. In the meantime, Eric Church and Little Big Town both had compelling hit videos with a cinematic feel.
    Winner: “Creepin’” — Eric Church

VOCAL EVENT OF THE YEAR

• “Don’t Rush” — Kelly Clarkson Featuring Vince Gill (19/RCA/Columbia Nashville)
    • “Easy” — Rascal Flatts Featuring Natasha Bedingfield (Big Machine Records)
    • “Feel Like a Rock Star” — Kenny Chesney (Duet With Tim McGraw) (Blue Chair/BNA)
    • “Let It Rain” — David Nail Featuring Sarah Buxton (MCA Nashville)
    • “The Only Way I Know” — Jason Aldean With Luke Bryan & Eric Church (Broken Bow)

Vocal Event pits Kelly and Vince’s “Don’t Rush” up against David Nail’s “Let It Rain” (with Sarah Buxton), Kenny and Tim’s “Feel Like a Rock Star,” and Rascal Flatts’ “Easy” (with Natasha Bedingfield). Oh, and a massive No. 1 hit featuring three of the Male Vocalist nominees, “The Only Way I Know.” So, you know, duh.
    Winner: “The Only Way I Know” — Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Luke Bryan

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    Link: 2013 ACM Awards Predictions - Country Weekly

Again. Another Carrie as favorite to win Female Vocalist. I love they mention about Grammy and her winning BA. That should tell the impact! But again, it's all up to the blind and deaf voters (I will only stop calling them like this if they choose Carrie to win this, LOL)
    Although Red is predicted to win Album here, at least they mentioned BA as another potential. BA vs RED. (But hey, RED as COUNTRY?)
    snoopytan86 likes this.

They are giving me hope... and that's a bad thing.

Glad to see them pick Carrie for FVOTY (but taking it with a huge grain of salt). But if 'Red' wins Album? Oh, boy. The backlash among country fans will not be pretty for Taylor.

Concert Stars
    ^^ she better win too!

Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    They are giving me hope... and that's a bad thing.
    they are not giving me hope, they picked swift to win album, and well without the power couple in that catergory, and the power of big machine don't me surprised if that happens, and despite the fact that several picked Carrie to win fvoty based on the fact that miranda is performing ( i think twice) and also presenting, makes me believe that the country voters are going to continue voting for blake and miranda to win male vocalist, and female vocalist at least.

Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie gets both awards she's nominated for - Red is a piece of POP goop-Taylor already has a country backlash but it makes no difference because it's the POP fans who buy her albums - and with the aid of the new Billboard chart she can now finesse #1 hits in country using her POP airplay - the country industry have to be idiots - at least the fans know what they want to listen to on radio when they threw her first POP single Never Ever under the bus -

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    they are not giving me hope, they picked swift to win album, and well without the power couple in that catergory, and the power of big machine don't me surprised if that happens, and despite the fact that several picked Carrie to win fvoty based on the fact that miranda is performing ( i think twice) and also presenting, makes me believe that the country voters are going to continue voting for blake and miranda to win male vocalist, and female vocalist at least.

Except I'm hoping the voters remember the travesty of Never Ever taking the longest female country running radio#1 single in history and how it got to that #1 position with it's POP airplay - I don't think it sat well with the country music folk so I doubt they would vote for Red for album

•