• 1 Post By thunder92
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 3 Post By Hil

Thread: Taste of Country 2013 ACM Awards Predictions

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar

Taste of Country 2013 ACM Awards Predictions

Single Record of the Year

Prediction: 'Pontoon' by Little Big Town

It's always important to remember the difference between Song and Single of the Year. Song is the lyrics, and Single Record is what an artist and his or her producer do with those lyrics. Little Big Town and producer Jay Joyce innovated in a way few in country music have done over the last five years. 'Pontoon' was a song you immediately had to hear a second time. There's no reason to believe it won't top 'Springsteen' for a second straight awards show.

Song of the Year

Prediction: 'Springsteen' by Eric Church

Lambert's 'Over You' won at the CMA Awards in November, and the ballad will compete above the others with Church's 'Springsteen.' Should the North Carolina native be shut out at the ACM Awards after receiving seven nominations, it's going to be difficult to believe he's not being penalized for rubbing some in the industry the wrong way.

Album of the Year

Prediction: Carrie Underwood, 'Blown Away'

All five nominees have a chance to win this award, and all five are deserving. It's a really strong category, with Underwood getting the edge after her success at the Grammys in February. This won't influence voters, but it could be indicative of how voters feel toward country albums of the past year. A win for Eric Church's 'Chief' or Little Big Town's 'Pontoon' would be a win for critics who poured praise on both efforts. However, these two weren't as commercially successful as the other three.

New Artist of the Year

Prediction: Brantley Gilbert

Brantley Gilbert likely knocked off his toughest competition in the fan-voted upon round of this nomination process. After getting past Hunter Hayes, he should be able to breeze to the acceptance podium. Florida Georgia Line and Gilbert's fiancee Jana Kramer just don't have the resumes to earn this award quite yet.

Vocal Group of the Year

Prediction: Little Big Town

Little Big Town and Zac Brown Band are the only two nominees in this category that released new music in 2012, and only LBT released the song of the summer with 'Pontoon.' 'Tornado' is full of equally artistic melodies and arrangements -- it's that rare album that satisfies critics and fans. The group took this category at the CMAs in in November, and there's no reason to believe that same momentum has left them.

Vocal Duo of the Year

Prediction: Thompson Square

Thompson Square won this honor in 2012 when the competition was even stiffer. Now, with Sugarland taking time off and no other dominant duo, they should easily take this trophy back to Nashville. Florida Georgia Line still seem one year away from being serious competitors in this grouping, however the Best New Artist nominees could shock the country world.

Female Vocalist of the Year

Prediction: Carrie Underwood

Taylor Swift has never won this award, but Carrie Underwood has -- on three separate occasions, no less. The superstar returned with a superb new album and headlining tour in 2012. That should be enough to take back the trophy from Miranda Lambert, who's won the last four years.

Male Vocalist of the Year

Prediction: Jason Aldean

Aldean is long overdue to win this award, but he's certainly not a sure thing. Eric Church also had a great year, and Luke Bryan is coming on as a future Entertainer of the Year nominee. But Aldean's concert and sales numbers overshadow those two men. Blake Shelton could win, but he's two years removed from new music, and with 'The Voice,' he hasn't been able to tour as much as he'd like to.

Entertainer of the Year

Prediction: Taylor Swift

For a fourth straight year, Swift will take home this award, putting her alongside Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney and Alabama as artists who've won EOTY for four or more straight years. Jason Aldean is equally deserving, but he's struggled to win major hardware in recent years, and has never won Male Vocalist at either country awards show. Miranda Lambert is an underdog to keep an eye on for this honor. For many, this would be a pleasant surprise.
    Hil likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    2013 ACM Awards Predictions
    Here's the link by the way.

If the official results turn out to be same as above...I'd say the Grammy effects took place. But if it isn't the same, and still the Blake-Miranda thing, we know politics and label support are still playing the dirty voting.
    Whatever, I'm glad this prediction is telling the truth, and what is supposed to be in voters' mind.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Oh please, let Carrie be the winner for both nominations. The BA album is so incredible as is Carrie. She is such a hard worker and so deserving of the awards.

Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie wins Album of the year too!!

Concert Stars
    Carrie has worked hard this year and deserves at least one win but the Narvel block rules and Sony 's constant Miranda support may keep it from her.

Concert Stars
    Shania is presenting Eoty so Taylor clearly won. So obvious they want their big moment for Shania to pass the torch to Taylor.

vomiting already.

taylor did not even tour in 2012 and put out a pop album. What ajoke!!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Shania is presenting Eoty so Taylor clearly won. So obvious they want their big moment for Shania to pass the torch to Taylor.

vomiting already.

taylor did not even tour in 2012 and put out a pop album. What ajoke!!!
    Well considering voting isn't over yet I don't think so lol

actually think Jason has a good shot at it. It might be fan voted, but as we have seen recently, her fans haven't been as on their game with country voting
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The only person who I think can beat Taylor and I would be surprised if that happen will be Luke, unlike Jason his fans seem to go all out in the fan voted awards, Blake & Miranda will cancel each other out so I don't see either of those two winning.
    judes likes this.

Concert Stars
    I would be cool if anyone won over Taylor, but Luke has not quite earned it yet.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

vomiting already.

taylor did not even tour in 2012 and put out a pop album.
    What ajoke!!!
    Exactly. She did not tour. Her album was only out for 2.5 months in the calendar year 2012. I do not recall her releasing any country singles in 2012... or maybe just one?

By the numbers, Jason deserves winning the EOTY award. By the way, are Carriefans voting for any particular person for EOTY?

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Exactly. She did not tour. Her album was only out for 2.5 months in the calendar year 2012. I do not recall her releasing any country singles in 2012... or maybe just one?

By the numbers, Jason deserves winning the EOTY award. By the way, are Carriefans voting for any particular person for EOTY?
    Good question. I think it would be Aldean. Anyone?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well I wasn't going to vote for anyone but I changed my mind and I just voted for Jason.

Concert Stars
    I just heard the Tim Taylor duet for the first time and ugh what a boring trite song and I have to agree with Tee about the age difference - not because it's there in years but the age difference in the sound of the voices - Taylor sounds like she's 12 and it makes Tim into a dirty old man. There was a Hollywood reporter on the station talking about the ACM winners - she liked Carrie for female and album and the DJ said Miranda for female and Eric Church or Luke for album -

Hil
    OH dear LORD let Carrie win both of her awards!!! She totally deserves them. :P

Concert Stars
    wait... Miranda won FVOTY 4 times? i thought it was only 3?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by john1987 View Post
    wait... Miranda won FVOTY 4 times? i thought it was only 3?
    No Miranda has not won 4 times yet. If she wins Sunday it will be 4 times. The same with Carrie if she wins.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nccountrygal View Post
    No Miranda has not won 4 times yet. If she wins Sunday it will be 4 times. The same with Carrie if she wins.
    yeah that's what i thought.. the article had me confused lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by john1987 View Post
    yeah that's what i thought.. the article had me confused lol
    yeah I noticed they got that incorrect too they also said Taylor has won EOTY 3 times, but that is also false

•