• 2 Post By sco
  • 1 Post By Daraebe

Thread: Carrie Underwood on husband Mike Fisher: 'He never was romantic'

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood on husband Mike Fisher: 'He never was romantic'

March 27, 2013
    By: Jason Scott

NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 27, 2013 - Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood has the world at her feet -- from multi-platinum albums and sold-out tours to her ever-adoring hockey-playing husband, Mike Fisher. The couple have been married for nearly three years (this July), but Underwood admits that she still has to remind her hubby to be romantic.

"He never was romantic. His brain is like most men's; he just doesn't think that way," Underwood tells Female First. "But it makes those little gestures he does very special. Sometimes I prompt him and say, 'For my birthday I want something romantic' and he then has to figure out what to do and put effort in. I don't care what it is, you don't have to buy me anything - just do something romantic."

With Underwood seeing her musical career reaching new heights (see: her current worldwide Blown Away Tour) and Fisher continuing his stint with the Nashville Predators, the lovebirds rarely see each other. However, as the songstress points out, when they do, it is something special. "We've only been married three years in July, so we're still in our honeymoon phase and because he's a professional hockey player, we both travel so much so when we do see each other, it's really nice," she explains to Britain's OK! magazine. "We might only be together for two or three days after a month apart, but it makes it fun."

She adds, "I get dressed up and we go out to dinner and flirt with each other. I enjoy getting dressed up and I love it when he does and he puts cologne on. We make an effort for each other. It's fun to flirt with your husband. I love it when you're out in a restaurant full of other people but really it's just the two of you."

Underwood's current tour continues through the end of May. Then, the 30-year-old performer will be focusing all of her time and energy for her upcoming role as the iconic Maria Von Trapp in NBC's live broadcast of The Sound of Music. Set to premiere this winter, Underwood has some huge shoes to fill. But fans, don't worry, Julie Andrews -- who originated the film role -- has already given her seal of approval.

Link to article: Carrie Underwood on husband Mike Fisher: 'He never was romantic' - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    They're seriously the sweetest couple ever.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    They're seriously the sweetest couple ever.
    Sweeter than Adam Lambert & his boyfriend? Puhleaze!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Sweeter than Adam Lambert & his boyfriend? Puhleaze!
    Hahaha

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post

March 27, 2013
    By: Jason Scott

NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 27, 2013 - Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood has the world at her feet -- from multi-platinum albums and sold-out tours to her ever-adoring hockey-playing husband, Mike Fisher. The couple have been married for nearly three years (this July), but Underwood admits that she still has to remind her hubby to be romantic.

"He never was romantic. His brain is like most men's; he just doesn't think that way," Underwood tells Female First. "But it makes those little gestures he does very special. Sometimes I prompt him and say, 'For my birthday I want something romantic' and he then has to figure out what to do and put effort in. I don't care what it is, you don't have to buy me anything - just do something romantic."

With Underwood seeing her musical career reaching new heights (see: her current worldwide Blown Away Tour) and Fisher continuing his stint with the Nashville Predators, the lovebirds rarely see each other. However, as the songstress points out, when they do, it is something special. "We've only been married three years in July, so we're still in our honeymoon phase and because he's a professional hockey player, we both travel so much so when we do see each other, it's really nice," she explains to Britain's OK! magazine. "We might only be together for two or three days after a month apart, but it makes it fun."

She adds, "I get dressed up and we go out to dinner and flirt with each other. I enjoy getting dressed up and I love it when he does and he puts cologne on. We make an effort for each other. It's fun to flirt with your husband. I love it when you're out in a restaurant full of other people but really it's just the two of you."

Underwood's current tour continues through the end of May. Then, the 30-year-old performer will be focusing all of her time and energy for her upcoming role as the iconic Maria Von Trapp in NBC's live broadcast of The Sound of Music. Set to premiere this winter, Underwood has some huge shoes to fill. But fans, don't worry, Julie Andrews -- who originated the film role -- has already given her seal of approval.

Link to article: Carrie Underwood on husband Mike Fisher: 'He never was romantic' - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com
    My dad and my mom saw the movie "The Sound of Music" for the FIRST TIME in Subic Bay, Olongapo City, Philippines when my father was assigned for three years in that US Naval Base. My oldest brother was still in elementary school and our eldest (a sister) was still a freshman in high school in US Naval School in the Philippines. My dad is a retired Warrant Officer 1 (WO1) in the United States Navy.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    My dad traveled AROUND THE WORLD for thirty years in service (assigned in different US Naval Bases) - my father told me that the Phillippines has the BEST "COVER BANDS" - IN DIFFERENT NIGHT CLUBS in Olongapo City, Philippines (this was when my mom and dad went back for another two years - assigned in Subic Naval Base), Led Zeppelin, Queen, Guns N' Roses, Eagles, etc. A LOT of GREAT MUSICIANS and "VOCALISTS" in the Philippines, the JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL "COUNTRY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oldyfan and dreamer11 like this.

Concert Stars
    Carrie is very cute!

Concert Stars
    very nice article...she is too adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    My dad traveled AROUND THE WORLD for thirty years in service (assigned in different US Naval Bases) - my father told me that the Phillippines has the BEST "COVER BANDS" - IN DIFFERENT NIGHT CLUBS in Olongapo City, Philippines (this was when my mom and dad went back for another two years - assigned in Subic Naval Base), Led Zeppelin, Queen, Guns N' Roses, Eagles, etc. A LOT of GREAT MUSICIANS and "VOCALISTS" in the Philippines, the JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL "COUNTRY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What does this have to do with anything??

---

That's so sweet, I love them (not really, I'm jealous of Mike).

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post

The ENDURING CHARACTERS of "Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher" and the ENDURING CHARACTER of the COUNTRY Phillipines IS THE SAME - "CORE IDEOLOGY" which is a PRIMARY ELEMENT in their "HISTORICAL DEVELOPMENT" (for Carrie and Mike - planted by their PARENTS and for the GREAT COUNTRY Philippines - planted by the country SPAIN and their FOUNDING FATHERS), a set of basic precepts that plant a FIXED STAKE on the ground. "This is who they are; this what they stand for; this is what THEY ARE ALL ABOUT." It is their "SELF-IDENTITY" that remains consistent through time. Like the fundamental IDEALS of our GREAT NATION, United States of America ...... Like the guiding principles embodied in OUR AMERICAN DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE ("We hold these truths to be self-evident...") and echoed EIGHTY-SEVEN YEARS LATER at the "Gettyburg Address ("a...nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal").

The ICONIC movie "The Sound of Music" which is a VERY SPECIAL PROJECT to the heart of our beloved Carrie and in which the KNOWLEDGEABLE BUSINESS PEOPLE in this project - WIDELY ADMIRED CARRIE ......... is ALSO a VERY SPECIAL movie to the HEART of my dad and my mom. This ICONIC movie brought back their ENDURING GREAT MEMORIES in the GREAT COUNTRY, PHILIPPINES that gave my dad's career and life MEANING - this "CORE IDEOLOGY' AND US servicemen helping elementary schools (painting school buildings, improving their libraries and donating books, distributing food to school children with US PRODUCTS, etc. ........ and they saw the INDESCRIBABLE HAPPINESS IN THE FACES of the school children). It is NOT being a Warrant Officer 1 (W01) of the "MOST POWERFUL ARM FORCES" in the world and of OUR GREAT NATION UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - that defines my dad - it is only a SMALL PART of WHO MY DAD IS. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is what HE BELIEVES TRULY DEFINES A PERSON and how we find eternal significance - SAME thing with Mike Fisher as mentioned in his book, "Defender of Faith" - and without any doubt, SAME thing with his wife Carrie Underwood.

The musicians and vocalists in the Philippines (my dad saw in different night clubs in the Philippines and on TELEVISION SHOWS) and our beloved Carrie and Mike have "ETRAORDINARY NATURAL TALENTS" - they aspire to create something MORE OUTSTANDING, create something BIGGER and MORE LASTING than THEMSELVES - an ongoing artists ROOTED in a set of TIMELESS CORE VALUES, that they exist FOR A PURPOSE "BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mbh; 03-29-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    AdamJ and dreamer11 like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Contrary to business school doctrine, we did not find "maximizing wealth" or "profit maximization" as the dominant driving force or primary objective of Carrie and Mike through the history of their career. Otherwise, Carrie will agree to REMIXING HER SINGLES JUST TO GET AN AIRPLAY IN THE MAINSTREAM POP/ROCK RADIO AIRWAVE "JUST TO MAXIMIZE PROFIT AND WEALTH". For Carrie and Mike, their career and business have historically been MORE THAN AN ECONOMIC ACTIVITY, more than a way to make money. We saw their core ideologies that transcended purely economic consideration. They have had core ideologies to A GREATER DEGREE. They have been more ideologically driven and LESS PURELY PROFIT-DRIVEN. They are "more than" economic entities, NOT "other than". Yes, they pursue BROADER, MEANINGFUL IDEALS. Profit maximization does not rule, for Carrie and Mike ....... but, they pursue their aims PROFITABLY.
    AdamJ likes this.

New Carrie Fan
    Carrie and Mike's marriage will not make it if they both keep up their current ways indefinitely. Both of them in essentially travelling professions and being apart so much of the time.

He needs to spend offseasons in nashville, she should take a year off between albums. If they really want to make it. Its not rocket science. Its just human nature.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by UnApologizer View Post
    Carrie and Mike's marriage will not make it if they both keep up their current ways indefinitely. Both of them in essentially travelling professions and being apart so much of the time.

He needs to spend offseasons in nashville, she should take a year off between albums. If they really want to make it. Its not rocket science. Its just human nature.
    Their personal relationship is really not any of our business. However, he does spend the majority of the off season in Nashville and she did take a year off before her latest album. They are clearly committed to their marriage.
    rainbow1 and CrazyDreams1818 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UnApologizer View Post

That is a bold statement that is unfounded. So many marriages survive with distance especially when it comes the people in the business. I think by this statement you are discrediting the marriage between Mike and Carrie.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•