• 1 Post By abdulmajeed

Thread: Another Good Review of See You Again! -UrbanCountryNews

Concert Stars

Another Good Review of See You Again! -UrbanCountryNews

Single Review: 'See You Again' - Carrie Underwood | Urban Country News
    eview: ‘See You Again’ – Carrie Underwood

Written by Liv Carter
    Songwriters: Carrie Underwood, David Hodges, Hillary Lindsey
    Since the release of Carrie Underwood‘s fourth album, Blown Away, one consistent fan-favorite is ‘See You Again.’ (Though, is anyone else finding it kind of amusing that at radio this song follows the murder plot in previous single ‘Two Black Cadillacs’?)
    Penned during a four-day write with Hillary Lindsey and David Hodges, the song was one of three written for The Chronicles of Narnia motion picture. While ‘There’s a Place for Us’ made the soundtrack, Underwood felt strongly enough about ‘See You Again’ to include it on her next album.
    The lyrics hold a simple ‘death is not the end’ message but suffer from a lack of context; it is a flaw that given the song’s origin I can overlook. The song isn’t looking to tell a story, but rather just trying to describe a feeling. What is mostly in the way of doing that is the 1990′s power pop production with vocal delays and big choruses. Underwood’s voice has always been most effective when left unadorned, as she promptly demonstrates in the well-executed breakdown. Also borrowed from pop is the overuse of oh-oh-oh’s, which manage to actually interrupt the song after the first pass of the chorus. What pulls it over the line however, and presumably why it has become a fan-favorite, is its sincerity in wishing to bring comfort and Underwood’s confident performance.

jaylee50, Suellen, Pi314CA and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Carrie's confident performance...you bet. Not only confident, SUPERB. I love SYA as the next single.

Concert Stars
    overall an ok review...thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Single Review: 'See You Again' - Carrie Underwood | Urban Country News
    eview: ‘See You Again’ – Carrie Underwood

Written by Liv Carter
    Songwriters: Carrie Underwood, David Hodges, Hillary Lindsey
    Since the release of Carrie Underwood‘s fourth album, Blown Away, one consistent fan-favorite is ‘See You Again.’ (Though, is anyone else finding it kind of amusing that at radio this song follows the murder plot in previous single ‘Two Black Cadillacs’?)
    Penned during a four-day write with Hillary Lindsey and David Hodges, the song was one of three written for The Chronicles of Narnia motion picture. While ‘There’s a Place for Us’ made the soundtrack, Underwood felt strongly enough about ‘See You Again’ to include it on her next album.
    The lyrics hold a simple ‘death is not the end’ message but suffer from a lack of context; it is a flaw that given the song’s origin I can overlook. The song isn’t looking to tell a story, but rather just trying to describe a feeling. What is mostly in the way of doing that is the 1990′s power pop production with vocal delays and big choruses. Underwood’s voice has always been most effective when left unadorned, as she promptly demonstrates in the well-executed breakdown. Also borrowed from pop is the overuse of oh-oh-oh’s, which manage to actually interrupt the song after the first pass of the chorus. What pulls it over the line however, and presumably why it has become a fan-favorite, is its sincerity in wishing to bring comfort and Underwood’s confident performance.

this... no more words.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    The reviews will be all over the place. While it is nice to hear a good review, I always remember it is one person's opinion. I love the song. Hate reading all of the rants, but that is also a part of this forum. My own opinion is that it does not matter what Carrie does. She joined the Grand Old Opry and puts forth a lot of effort entertaining there. She busts hr butt promoting country music on both sides of the water. No matter wbat she releases, you get Carrie, not a remix of what somebody thinks she should sing. Yes, the song is pop.....so what? Is she up for any EOTYA, no,because they hate her. She might as well release the songs she enjoys. She might be encouraged to try some traditional country sometime, but guess what....it does not sell. Ask Kellie about that. Carrie's voice is the tool that sells her music. I only see this as slightly more pop than JTTW. It is a faith based song and she was going to release at least one or she would not e Carrie. At some point, she will release a Gospel album, probably as her career winds down as we know it won't sell like what is out there. It is Carrie though so get used to it. Carrie has always maintained she has many influences and that she will stay with country......but it is going to be her visionof country. Country is becoming more generic. As I listened to Kenney Chesney's latest, I realized it was a totally new sound for him. If country music wanted to remain bonified country sounding music, they should have never let BB start playing games with the charts. If an artist is going to have any staying power, they are going to have to do songs that have a wider appeal. The first clue should have been that she sang this song at the radio event, testing the water. Carrie loves country, but she loves all music and if you are a Carrie fan, you had better get used to it. I could see her doing extremely well with Contemporary Christian, but country suits er as she can also dress to suit herself, not the church.

As far as the TS comparrisons. I really dislike everything she stands for. She is a phoney, attention seeking brat who has had her way too long. I don't care what she releases as long as I never ever have to hear her toneless voice singing it. I am against lip synching. I am against people publicly ridiculing those they have been involved with.....whether it be in a song she has written or faking a Brit accent to embarass someone. She needs to get over herself. I want her off the radio period....I long for the day when she burns out. There, I have said it. There is no comparrison to the sweet girl she started off being. I never liked her voice but I respected her. Not so any more.

The difference between them is that the only thing that has changed about Carrie is her style of dress. She has become more confident and edgier, but she still remains the shy, humble girl from Oklahoma. Taylor became this BM money machine and long ago lost any essence of sweetness or humility.

I love Carrie's voice and will support her if she is singing country, pop, gospel, cc, or r&b...,she will always have that special voice that I love. I have bought every bit of nusic Carrie has been involved in, including duets with TB . While I love the song, I knew it was not going to be on top of the charts. Same for her music with ST. I love it because of Carrie and have it on repeat on my ipod.

I feel like the fans are too driven by her success to repect her choices. Right or wrong, they are hers to make. Her release of ths beautiful song reminds me of Garth Brooks releasing Red Strokes. I loved that song and the video so much and yes it was pure pop. Did it mean he was done with country....no, it meant that like Carrie, he had ecectic tastes. That being said, I think it is tme to put the album with Red Strokes on it back into rotation in my car cd player.

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    After Blown Away, See You Again is my next favorite from her 4th album.
    pgk likes this.

•