Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By carrieguy2
  • 3 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By sco
  • 5 Post By thaifood
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 2 Post By epicamends

Thread: ‘U’ Is for Keith Urban – Top Country Artists A to Z Honorable Mention: Carrie Underw

Concert Stars

‘U’ Is for Keith Urban – Top Country Artists A to Z Honorable Mention: Carrie Underw

Why: Time could turn this into quite a battle for the letter ‘U,’ but for now, the edge goes to Keith Urban. He’s just been making hits longer than his closest competitor Carrie Underwood — his resume is longer and his career more decorated. Both are still at the top of their professions and both are still turning out artistically sound and commercially successful albums. Underwood is slowly becoming every bit the live act as the ‘American Idol’ judge.
    Honorable Mention: Carrie Underwood

?U? Is for Keith Urban ? Top Country Artists A to Z
    jaylee50 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My goodness does the J and T have strong contenders.

I really can't disagree with Urban getting the spot over Carrie, you could take either one and the choice would be a good one.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    My goodness does the J and T have strong contenders.

I really can't disagree with Urban getting the spot over Carrie, you could take either one and the choice would be a good one.
    I tend to agree. I'm not sure their assessment that he has a more decorated career is accurate. Its close but I'd still give him the nod just because he's been at it longer.
    desubear likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieguy2 View Post
    Why: Time could turn this into quite a battle for the letter ‘U,’ but for now, the edge goes to Keith Urban. He’s just been making hits longer than his closest competitor Carrie Underwood — his resume is longer and his career more decorated. Both are still at the top of their professions and both are still turning out artistically sound and commercially successful albums. Underwood is slowly becoming every bit the live act as the ‘American Idol’ judge.
    Honorable Mention: Carrie Underwood

?U? Is for Keith Urban ? Top Country Artists A to Z
    He has been making records longer. Period. His career is not even close to being more decorated. Exclamation Point! Honorable mention? Question Mark!
    GumbyJRH, pgk, gwade82 and 2 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Keith has been making records longer, has he been more decorated then Carrie,no.
    But he is on Idol now and in the public eye.I think that's why he got the 'U'.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Love keith but carrie haa way more awards then him. Lol her career is clearly more decorated. Lol bit i love keith so i am fine with this. Lol

I'm okay with Keith being ahead of Carrie (although, personally, I'd tie them), but some of their reasoning is a bit off. lol
    DizzyDollyDee and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Keith has been around longer so ya...

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Some of their choices are a bit odd.

Jack Ingram? No one's heard from him in years. Sara Evans hasn't had that big of an impact, either.

Some deserving names here, but I hate lists that are based (mostly) off popularity more than anything else. I don't have anything against Keith, BUT his career was pretty quiet before he joined Idol, and his career has kinda been at a standstill for awhile. There's no doubt in my mind Carrie would've been ahead of Keith if he hadn't joined Idol. All this sudden attention reminds me of what happened to Blake when he joined The Voice. An average career got a jumpstart, and suddenly everybody loves him again.

I don't take any of these lists seriously, though; I just enjoy reading them.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    Some of their choices are a bit odd.

Jack Ingram? No one's heard from him in years. Sara Evans hasn't had that big of an impact, either.

Some deserving names here, but I hate lists that are based (mostly) off popularity more than anything else. I don't have anything against Keith, BUT his career was pretty quiet before he joined Idol, and his career has kinda been at a standstill for awhile. There's no doubt in my mind Carrie would've been ahead of Keith if he hadn't joined Idol. All this sudden attention reminds me of what happened to Blake when he joined The Voice. An average career got a jumpstart, and suddenly everybody loves him again.

I don't take any of these lists seriously, though; I just enjoy reading them.
    E & I really didn't have a whole lot of opitions. lol

•