Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By gaycarebear
  • 5 Post By Carrieflattsfan

Thread: Carrie Underwood is a source of musical inspiration for Blake Shelton

Carrie Underwood is a source of musical inspiration for Blake Shelton

NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 13, 2013 - Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood and her musical influence reach far more people than just a younger generation of newcomers. Her inspirational and groundbreaking material has even fanned the flames of another Nashville-based musician's artistry. Reinging CMA Entertainer of the Year Blake Shelton says that it has been Underwood's penchant for genre-pushing songs that has challenged himself to do the same with his own music.

"I'm a fan of Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan and Miranda and Taylor and Carrie," he explains. "I get excited when I hear how they're pushing the boundaries with their records and I kinda felt like that's the one thing that I hadn't done, is really push it with sounds and things. And so that's one thing that I did want to do on this record. 'Doing What She Likes' has a banjo intro, but the banjo's going through a wah pedal and I never heard anything like it. It just sounds so cool. And that was important to me to do things like that."

Shelton is gearing up to release his seventh studio album, Based on a True Story..., on March 26, featuring lead single (and soon-to-be No. 1 hit) "Sure Be Cool If You Did." With each release, Shelton says he has made sure to try new things and push his career forward as much as possible. "I really did believe that Red River Blue was the best that I could do and maybe someday I could tie it," he notes. "But I think that just taking a simpler approach to making this album made it better because I wasn't comparing it to anything else. We put it together piece by piece, saying, 'Hey, man, I love that song. Let's cut that.' I was just recording things I loved and the next thing you know we had built something terrific. I'm really proud and excited about the songs on it."

Carrie Underwood is a source of musical inspiration for Blake Shelton - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm not sure if using Luke, Miranda, and Taylor as examples of 'musical inspiration' is a good thing. LOL. All have gone down significantly in recent years, and Taylor's a pop artist these days.

If his current single is an indicator of what's to come on this album, I'll pass.

Give me the Blake who sang "Ole Red," "The Baby," "Austin," "Goodbye Time" and even "Some Beach" anyday.

Concert Stars
    wow this is surprising to me...can't believe he said that..its awesome!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    wow this is surprising to me...can't believe he said that..its awesome!
    Yeah I'm just happy when Carrie gets any nice mention or comments from her peers so I'll take it.

Can't believe Carrie is inspiring him to make such blend generic records!

•