Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood admits that she's 'very immature' even though she's turning 30

Carrie Underwood admits that she's 'very immature' even though she's turning 30

Also, included quite a bit from her CCUSA co-hosting gig this weekend:

NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 10, 2013 - Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood co-hosted the weekly Country Countdown USA this weekend. Throughout the broadcast, the singer chatted with Lon Helton about turning 30, having kids, tourmate Hunter Hayes, "Gangnam Style" with Brad Paisley and her currently Country single "Two Black Cadillacs."

On celebrating her 30th birthday today, Underwood was rather reluctant. “We’re not gonna talk about that," she quips. "Oh come on. It’s the one year anniversary of my 29th birthday! I still feel like a college student. I feel very immature most of the time so it’s really weird.”

Underwood and her hockey-playing husband Mike Fisher have been apart for a couple months now, and the songstress says she just wants to keep her birthday date night rather simple. “I really just want to go out for a nice dinner with my husband," she explains. "There’s a lot going on, it’s in the middle of our tour, we head out right after that, so I only have two days out, and I have to do some laundry. I just want to go out to a fabulous dinner, some giant ridiculously expensive dinner with the dumbest, most expensive bottle of wine. Then Mike’s paying! That is an awesome plan! He’s actually in town without a game.”

Despite turning another year older, Underwood asserts that she's not quite ready to settle down and have kids. "If I were one of my friends, I'd wonder about me," she said of becoming a parent. "I'm just irresponsible about a lot of stuff. I mean, work stuff, I'm on time. I got all that, but as far as being responsible for another human being's life, I would worry if I were one of my friends. People will be like 'you wanna hold my baby?' I'm like 'no, I'm sure your baby is awesome.' I don't know how to hold a baby. I've only held four in my entire life."

MORE AT THE LINK --> Carrie Underwood admits that she's 'very immature' even though she's turning 30 - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Also, included quite a bit from her CCUSA co-hosting gig this weekend:

NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 10, 2013 - Six-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood co-hosted the weekly Country Countdown USA this weekend. Throughout the broadcast, the singer chatted with Lon Helton about turning 30, having kids, tourmate Hunter Hayes, "Gangnam Style" with Brad Paisley and her currently Country single "Two Black Cadillacs."

On celebrating her 30th birthday today, Underwood was rather reluctant. “We’re not gonna talk about that," she quips. "Oh come on. It’s the one year anniversary of my 29th birthday! I still feel like a college student. I feel very immature most of the time so it’s really weird.”

Underwood and her hockey-playing husband Mike Fisher have been apart for a couple months now, and the songstress says she just wants to keep her birthday date night rather simple. “I really just want to go out for a nice dinner with my husband," she explains. "There’s a lot going on, it’s in the middle of our tour, we head out right after that, so I only have two days out, and I have to do some laundry. I just want to go out to a fabulous dinner, some giant ridiculously expensive dinner with the dumbest, most expensive bottle of wine. Then Mike’s paying! That is an awesome plan! He’s actually in town without a game.”

Despite turning another year older, Underwood asserts that she's not quite ready to settle down and have kids. "If I were one of my friends, I'd wonder about me," she said of becoming a parent. "I'm just irresponsible about a lot of stuff. I mean, work stuff, I'm on time. I got all that, but as far as being responsible for another human being's life, I would worry if I were one of my friends. People will be like 'you wanna hold my baby?' I'm like 'no, I'm sure your baby is awesome.' I don't know how to hold a baby. I've only held four in my entire life."

MORE AT THE LINK --> Carrie Underwood admits that she's 'very immature' even though she's turning 30 - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com
    AWESOME! Thank you so much, Jason.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Mike is probably wondering are we ever going to have babies after he reads this article..lol
    CUFan7, HuiZ, carriefan13 and 1 others like this.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Very funny, lol! Thanks for sharing!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by smilesalot2day View Post
    Mike is probably wondering are we ever going to have babies after he reads this article..lol
    Actually, I think he agrees with Carrie. They're both really busy right now. But, watch out after her tour and the Sound of Music gig. Christmas time will be a rockin. Lol
    smilesalot2day likes this.

I just want to go out to a fabulous dinner, some giant ridiculously expensive dinner with the dumbest, most expensive bottle of wine. Then Mike’s paying! That is an awesome plan!
    Quote of the week tbh.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by smilesalot2day View Post
    Ha, ha. She's just scared. He'll talk her into it when the time comes. She told Gaye King that at some point they would just have to take the leap as there will never be the perfect time.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Ha, ha. She's just scared. He'll talk her into it when the time comes. She told Gaye King that At some point they would just take the leap as there will never be the perfect time.
    I know that I read those article too.. It was a joke.

Concert Stars
    I don't see Carrie as immature at all!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    She's so cute.

Carrie seems like an incredibly mature, grounded, smart lady. She'll be a great Mom when the time comes. She doesn't need to worry at all; there's no timeline for life, Carrie! If anything, it sounds like Mike and Carrie want to wait until everything calms down a bit so they can give their full attention to their kids, which is great.

I can't get the audio clips to play over at CCUSA.

The fact that she's worried she won't be a good mom right now, and how she doesn't want to be unfair to the kid by having him/her now when she's so busy with her career... that is maturity. If she's immature, with the money she has, she could easily have a baby and then dump the responsibility of raising the kid on hired help.
    pklongbeach, liveasong and Gator like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    The fact that she's worried she won't be a good mom right now, and how she doesn't want to be unfair to the kid by having him/her now when she's so busy with her career... that is maturity. If she's immature, with the money she has, she could easily have a baby and then dump the responsibility of raising the kid on hired help.
    You are right about that. The fact that she's worried about it means she is probably not too immature. She's just scared, it's kind of a scary thing to think about. As more and more of their friends start having kids she'll get more comfortable. (She did look a little nervous in the picture that got posted of her with Mike's sister's baby several months back).

I honestly feel like Carrie will have a baby in 2014. It's just a gut feeling I have. After the tour and TSOM, I think she will want to settle down a bit. I could be wrong - maybe they'll wait for Mike to retire. But I've noticed in a lot of interviews lately (except this one, haha) she's slipped away from saying "not anytime soon" to "there will never be a perfect time."

Whenever they decide to have kids, they will be great parents. Like Mike has said, if Carrie treats their baby half as well as she does her dogs, it'll be a pretty spoiled baby. haha

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I honestly feel like Carrie will have a baby in 2014. It's just a gut feeling I have. After the tour and TSOM, I think she will want to settle down a bit. I could be wrong - maybe they'll wait for Mike to retire. But I've noticed in a lot of interviews lately (except this one, haha) she's slipped away from saying "not anytime soon" to "there will never be a perfect time."

Whenever they decide to have kids, they will be great parents. Like Mike has said, if Carrie treats their baby half as well as she does her dogs, it'll be a pretty spoiled baby. haha

I think so too. Or around there. If not by then, idk if it will happen at all lol. Adoption is always an option too

Well she really likes "I Knew You Were Trouble." so she's like 15 at heart definitely.
    pklongbeach and liveasong like this.

Concert Stars
    I imagine most women who are serious about their lives and the responsibility of another human being should feel this way.

I also know that when it happens, there will be nothing more important to her.
    AS a woman who had an awsome mom, she is going to know just what to do to raise a child.
    That is one lucky baby!!!

And think of the genes its going to have. An amazing athlete who can sing its butt off! Ha ha ha ha hah ah
    Carrieflattsfan likes this.

While I can't wait for Carrie to have a baby, I know that'll be her break and/or end with music.

If she returns to it, they'll be a ton more females ready to take her place. It'll be bittersweet.

Concert Stars
    I actually kind of look forward to when the "back breaking, work your a..off, pace she has been running for 8 years" ends.
    She has accomplished everything a singer could ever hope to.
    And with a break, and an oportunity to reflect, there is always the likelihood that she would come back to the microphone with a voice and a maturity that will continue the journey of one of the great voices of this era in music.
    Rememer, no matter what Carrie does, someone else is going to come along with as good a voice and as beautiful and as enlightened, and as appealing, and as.....everything....as Carrie.

But that will never diminish Carrie Underwood.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I actually kind of look forward to when the "back breaking, work your a..off, pace she has been running for 8 years" ends.
    She has accomplished everything a singer could ever hope to.
    And with a break, and an oportunity to reflect, there is always the likelihood that she would come back to the microphone with a voice and a maturity that will continue the journey of one of the great voices of this era in music.
    Rememer, no matter what Carrie does, someone else is going to come along with as good a voice and as beautiful and as enlightened, and as appealing, and as.....everything....as Carrie.

But that will never diminish Carrie Underwood.
    NO ONE will have a voice as good as Carrie's...or as beautiful.
    GumbyJRH and carrieguy2 like this.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast